HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2009/10 - Lines Discussion - (ES/PP/PK) - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2009, 05:18 AM
  #101
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Gagne-Forsberg-Richards

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:22 AM
  #102
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
For me:
Hartnell - Carter - Briere (that line worked very well together in the preseason)
Gagne - Richards - Pyörälä
JVR - Giroux - Powe
Carcillo - Betts - Laperriere/Asham
Cote

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Parent - Syvret
Tollefsen

Emery (Boucher/Backlund)


Cote needs to be thrown out ASAP. Not sure about Boucher. Only saw him play for a period and a half in the preseason and he looked shaky at that. Plus he got himself injured yesterday. Still not sure what to do with Powe. We still have too many tough guys, even without Cote, but I'd rather see him on our third line than any of Carcillo, Asham or Laperriere so far. Lappy could still convince me though but so far I think signing him has become bad. He was slated to be fourth line center and Betts took that job right from under him.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:44 AM
  #103
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,104
vCash: 500
Third pairing now official: Parent - Tollefsen

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
  #104
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Third pairing now official: Parent - Tollefsen
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or if you're trying to say that as truth despite not having any evidence.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 05:36 PM
  #105
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Third pairing now official: Parent - Tollefsen
for half the games probably

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 05:43 PM
  #106
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,110
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
For me:
Hartnell - Carter - Briere (that line worked very well together in the preseason)
Gagne - Richards - Pyörälä
JVR - Giroux - Powe
Carcillo - Betts - Laperriere/Asham
Cote

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Parent - Syvret
Tollefsen

Emery (Boucher/Backlund)


Cote needs to be thrown out ASAP. Not sure about Boucher. Only saw him play for a period and a half in the preseason and he looked shaky at that. Plus he got himself injured yesterday. Still not sure what to do with Powe. We still have too many tough guys, even without Cote, but I'd rather see him on our third line than any of Carcillo, Asham or Laperriere so far. Lappy could still convince me though but so far I think signing him has become bad. He was slated to be fourth line center and Betts took that job right from under him.
Asham and Laperriere arent going to split time. He wasnt signed to a $1.16m contract to be a healthy scratch every so often. He'll be in the line-up unless he's injured

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 05:50 PM
  #107
nocode1437
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
lines

hartnell carter laperierre
gagne richards pyorala
jvr giroux briere
carcillo betts asham

timonen coburn
pronger parent
carle syrvet/okt

nocode1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
  #108
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
What I would probably do is put Lapperiere with JVR and Giroux to protect them and just let them run around. Briere with one of the other pairings and pyorala with the other

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
  #109
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocode1437 View Post
hartnell carter laperierre
gagne richards pyorala
jvr giroux briere
carcillo betts asham

timonen coburn
pronger parent
carle syrvet/okt
nice.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
  #110
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,264
vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
What I would probably do is put Lapperiere with JVR and Giroux to protect them and just let them run around. Briere with one of the other pairings and pyorala with the other
I think Asham might be better in that role because he's better at winning fights.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM
  #111
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I think Asham might be better in that role because he's better at winning fights.
I dont really mean fighting, but just being there so people know not to mess around. But yeah Lapperiere or Asham would both be fine. I dont want Carcillo though. His antics would distract the youngsters.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
  #112
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Gagne – Richards – JVR
Hartnell – Carter – Pyorala
Briere – Giroux – Laperriere
Powe – Betts – Asham/Carcillo

Timonen – Coburn
Pronger – Carle
Parent – Syvret

chimrichalds18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:49 PM
  #113
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,291
vCash: 500
Gagne-Richards-Pyorala
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Carcillo/Powe-Betts-Lappy
Cote

Timonen-Coburn
Carle-Pronger
Parent-Syrvet
OKT

Emery
Boucher/Backlund

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 07:06 PM
  #114
nocode1437
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
i love powe but he's going to have to be our injury call up... but its nice to know he's dependable. sadly i don't think cote can fit on the team this year... i love him too, and therefore i suggest he quit hockey (and mma) and start scouting or coaching within the flyers system. plus a man can only take so many fists to the head before the brain comes loose... much respect riley, but save your skull, your wife doesn't want to live with a potential squidbrain the rest of her life.

in honest though... holmgren has cote on the roster, and he's certainly earned it as a team member (including his extracurricular activity with the flyers organization). he pays his dues, and probably no one else cares more about a team as a whole than riley. so i doubt he gets released.

that being said, it seems that we are in a bit of a squeeze:
in general we'd all like to see Mika and JVR make the team, along with Betts... those three put some uncertainty/confusion into the role of Powe, Carcillo, Laperierre, Asham, and of course Cote.

Powe has the 2 way contract, that makes it easier.
here's some algebra: Carter + Richards + Gagne + Hartnell + Giroux + Briere + Pyorala + JVR = 8 that means there is ideally one spot left on the top 3 lines...
Laperierre > Carcillo ~ Asham > Cote
so Laperierre starts in the top 9?
Carcillo Betts Asham 4th line? not bad if you ask me

i'm sure its more complicated than that...

nocode1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:12 AM
  #115
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Pyo-richards-briere
hartnell-carter-powe
JVR-giroux-gagne
carcillo-betts-lappy

asham-scratch

Pronger-Carle
timonen-cobourn
parent-OKT

NOTE***
top 3 lines will have roughly the same amount of ice time
top 2 defense pairings will have almost same ice time as well.


our 3rd line will take advantage of other 3rd lines...i mean seriously plunder other 3rd lines...

on the other hand, the top two are certainly strong enough to hold their own, especially with pronger/timonen on the ice.


Last edited by tuckrr: 09-28-2009 at 01:17 AM.
tuckrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
  #116
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
Gagne-Richards-Pyroala
Jvr-Carter-Hartnell
Lapierre-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
Parent-OKT

I could live with this team.

King Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 10:16 AM
  #117
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,104
vCash: 500
How about Pronger-Tollefsen? The bulldozer pairing and ultimate defensive force

I warned Pens fans about this, these two could turn Crosby into a wreck. They said no need to worry, because he's faster than they are. Well if he's so fast he better keep an eye on okt, or we could see a bone crushing collision and find Cindy crying behind some seats on the upper level. Pens fans admitted they may have a problem..

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
  #118
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Pyo-richards-briere
hartnell-carter-powe
JVR-giroux-gagne
carcillo-betts-lappy

asham-scratch

Pronger-Carle
timonen-cobourn
parent-OKT

NOTE***
top 3 lines will have roughly the same amount of ice time
top 2 defense pairings will have almost same ice time as well.


our 3rd line will take advantage of other 3rd lines...i mean seriously plunder other 3rd lines...

on the other hand, the top two are certainly strong enough to hold their own, especially with pronger/timonen on the ice.
Gagne to the right side? That's a... umm... bold move

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
  #119
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
How about Pronger-Tollefsen? The bulldozer pairing and ultimate defensive force

I warned Pens fans about this, these two could turn Crosby into a wreck. They said no need to worry, because he's faster than they are. Well if he's so fast he better keep an eye on okt, or we could see a bone crushing collision and find Cindy crying behind some seats on the upper level. Pens fans admitted they may have a problem..
Crosby, along with everyone else in the NHL, was faster than Hatcher and Smith too and we all know how well that worked out for him.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
  #120
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
How about Pronger-Tollefsen? The bulldozer pairing and ultimate defensive force

I warned Pens fans about this, these two could turn Crosby into a wreck. They said no need to worry, because he's faster than they are. Well if he's so fast he better keep an eye on okt, or we could see a bone crushing collision and find Cindy crying behind some seats on the upper level. Pens fans admitted they may have a problem..
If by ultimate defensive force you mean one All-Star caliber defenseman pulling the weight of a marginal NHLer, then yes, they would be the ultimate defensive force. Unfortunately, Crosby would simply skate down Tollefsen's wing and proceed to go right around him.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM
  #121
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,110
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Crosby, along with everyone else in the NHL, was faster than Hatcher and Smith too and we all know how well that worked out for him.
speed isn't everything when it comes to hitting. it mostly has to do with positioning and timing and we know Pronger is great in those espects

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
  #122
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Gagne to the right side? That's a... umm... bold move
Nice.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
  #123
Cleary84
Registered User
 
Cleary84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
Are we going to sign Betts before friday!? Geez I find myself checking the site ever 10 minutes it seems.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
  #124
sens1
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
hey guys i just picked giroux in a hockey pool around 200th. I know hes been highly touted since the postseason performance, but what kinda numbers can i expect? thanks

sens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
  #125
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
I really wish we hadn't signed Lappy now. But at least we are going to have some trading bait come the deadline.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.