HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal at Center, Anisimov at...

Old
09-23-2009, 05:24 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Prospal at Center, Anisimov at...

To me, with the interview of Torts yesterday stating that Prospal is staying at center for now, means Anisimov might get the boot. Unless someone else is going to wing (Dubinsky, Drury), that's what it has to mean.

Now IF that's what it means, to me, that has to be one of the worst decisions Tortorella's ever made.

Here you have a guy who scored two highlight-reel goals along with excellent defense and just great overall play throughout all of training camp. Best player not named Gilroy vouching for a spot. And he's going to be sent down all on a count of Prospal playing center? Switch Prospal to LW. Are you kidding? LW is weak anyway. You have 4 legitimate NHL centers down the middle. Keep it that way.

Dubinsky
Drury
Anisimov
Boyle

Don't mess it up Torts.

Last edited by RMcDonagh: 09-23-2009 at 05:31 AM.
RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 05:29 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
To me, with the interview of Torts yesterday stating that Prospal is staying at center for now, means Anisimov might get the boot. Unless someone else is going to wing, that's what it has to mean.

Now IF that's what it means, to me, that has to be one of the worst decisions Tortorella's ever made.

Here you have a guy who scored two highlight-reel goals along with excellent defense and just great overall play throughout all of training camp. Best player not named Gilroy vouching for a spot. And he's going to be sent down all on a count of Prospal playing center? Switch Prospal to LW. Are you kidding? LW is weak anyway. You have 4 legitimate NHL centers down the middle. Keep it that way.

Dubinsky
Drury
Anisimov
Boyle

Don't mess it up Torts.
Prospal centering gabby isint too shaby lets not forget dubinsky and drury could always play wing on certain games.

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 05:51 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

This is a guy that was bought out by a Tampa Bay team. Yes, he's here to play hockey and to prove everyone wrong, but please....for the love of God...To send a player like Anisimov down;a player that's proven that he DEFINITLEY belongs in the NHL--- for the sake of Prospal playing center is one of the most foolish things i've heard.

Let's all hope it's not true.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:25 AM
beastly115

lol, too funny.

Am I the only one that sees through Torts' ********? Come on, guys.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:29 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Just a fear factor to keep the flame under Anisimov's buns lit or so I hope

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:34 AM
NY Ranger86

i dont get it... when prospal can play wing... why would you push a young center to the 4th line?

stupid.

stupid.

stupid.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:37 AM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
I refuse to freak out about this until it actually happens. For now I will simply continue to assume what has been common knowledge all summer, that Anisimov will be the third line center.

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:47 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I think Dubinsky is the odd man out. Anisimov has looked great and Torts likes his game. I think he's going to center the 2nd line. Drury is the best 3rd line center in the NHL and hopefully will finally be used in that role going up against other teams 1st lines. I still think Dubinsky could be on the move and now that he's signed, he's easier to trade.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:49 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

love the idea of vinny playing the 1c. like torts said, he our best puck distributer.

cant just hand the 1c over to brandon, hell need to earn that spot and that will be based on his play in the next few games. he needs to show something in order to get a few games with the big guy.

im sure this is torts way of motivating dubi more than anything.

the way arty has played, hell have a spot on this team but....

there may not be room right now so he might be a healthy scratch or sent down and recalled. having him play 4th line minutes would be a waste. hes earned a spot on this team and hell have plenty of opportunity this season. hell get his chances down the road.

until then, starting thursday its the vinny, gabby and um..... oh yeah... enver lisin show

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Agreed,

That speach was a DUBI motivational speach... not a warning about Artie being sent back. Think about the other things Torts said recently... "We're not paying him 2M to check"

Right or wrong Torts is already on Dubi's ass.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Agreed,

That speach was a DUBI motivational speach... not a warning about Artie being sent back. Think about the other things Torts said recently... "We're not paying him 2M to check"

He said that? I was watching the after practice interview for 9/22 on the site and he was referencing Semenov coming in and playing hard without a contract. He was definitely hinting towards Dubi with his tone.

This could be either good or bad. We'll see.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:11 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Agreed,

yup. dead on.

i expect that will be a common theme this year.

the candidate to be in the torts doghouse the most this season is the one and only.............

brandon dubinsky. the new vinny prospal ??

i can see torts raggin on him alot. letting him know he got paid and now he needs to produce. that statement about 2mil not to check is a good indication of his mindset i think.

brandon better come out smokin to begin the season otherwise hell be in a suit watching arty light it up.

see to me torts seems like a guy who likes to push buttons and keep things edgy. im afraid dubi will get to know that part of torts very well.

and who knows, that may be exactly what brandon needs to have a killer season.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:12 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Maybe it's just some kind of spiel to keep the kids focused on their game. Just to let them know they didn't earn anything yet. Prospal is THE Torts guy on the team, the coach can "play" this little game with him, I'm not sure Prospal cares on where Torts put him in the line up, he use him as a bait on the first line the time for someone else to be 100% ready.

I want either Dubinsky or Anismiov on the first line but as of today maybe the smart move is to force them to take over the post. Look at the situation, Dubinsky hasn't played a single game, Drury hasn't look good offensively and Anisimov the rookie, despite a solid game has yet a long road ahead of him.

I think it's hard today to read our depth chart at center. Each player can take over the first line duties. In the near future, this is maybe the right thing to do. Torts isn't dumb enough in my opinion to shut the door to Anisimov this season. Not after the glimpse of what he has shown. Things will settle naturally. I wouldn't mind a combo Anisimov/Dubinsky on the first two lines before the end of the season.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

I still have Torts in the back of my head saying "He (Dubi) doesn't know the first thing about being a super-star... we'll teach him that."

He said it last season some time... (can't remember when/where)

I think he's gonna be super hard on him... in a good way and mold him into something of real value (fingers crossed).

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Vitto79

I will wait to see what the line up is on Thurs and what they have in practice today

I can't believe he is stupid enough not to play Anisimov on the top 3 lines..............also Prospal can shift and if not Drury can shift

Kotalik, Anisimov, Drury would not be a bad line at all

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
AXN

Avery Dubinsky Gaborik
Higgins Drury Callahan
Voros Prospal Kotalik
Brashear Anisimov Lisin

This lineup might happen with Prospal playing center. Anisimov looks like he can play in the NHL right now. Lisin is still a right wing.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Kind of Blue

If this is to motivate Dubinsky and/or Anisimov, then this is just petty, unnecessary bull****. Let's just play hockey, Torts.

If this is because Drury is moving to the wing, then fine. (I don't want Dubinsky on the wing, by the way -- if he's going to move anyone, move Drury)

I'm completely ruling out Anisimov going down because I just can't imagine anyone is that stupid.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:32 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
This is a guy that was bought out by a Tampa Bay team. Yes, he's here to play hockey and to prove everyone wrong, but please....for the love of God...To send a player like Anisimov down;a player that's proven that he DEFINITLEY belongs in the NHL--- for the sake of Prospal playing center is one of the most foolish things i've heard.

Let's all hope it's not true.

He didn't get bought out due to his ability.

He was bought out to aliviate the cap issues they were having.

He is our best play-making center.

Having Prospal, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Boyle playing center is not a bad thing.

Personally, I think that having a player like Drury playing LW to Anisimov can only enhance his ability to grow as player.

Let Prospal center Lisin and Gabby
Let Dubi center Kotalik and Higgins
Let Anisimov center Drury and Callahan

No one gets blocked and no one's growth gets stunted.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:51 AM
levski87

He hasn't cut Anisimov nor will he. So whats the problem?

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 07:55 AM
frozenH20

I donít know if Prospal has the speed, but his playmaker skills looked good w/ Gaborik. In my mind, using Prospal at center probably means going with
a) bye-bye Boyle & Prospal, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Drury down the middle
b) keeping Boyle & moving either (Dubinsky or Drury) to wing

Either way, Anisimov has earned a spot.

frozenH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I'm really hoping it's a bunch of BS to keep AA motivated and Dubi on his toes (not letting anything come easy to him after his holdout).

AA absolutely deserves to be on this team and I don't think Torts is a moron so I expect him to be on the roster opening night.

09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenH20 View Post
I donít know if Prospal has the speed, but his playmaker skills looked good w/ Gaborik. In my mind, using Prospal at center probably means going with
a) bye-bye Boyle & Prospal, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Drury down the middle
b) keeping Boyle & moving either (Dubinsky or Drury) to wing

Either way, Anisimov has earned a spot.
But if he plays on the 4th line, it's indeed better for him to spend more time in Hartford getting 1st line minutes.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
This is a guy that was bought out by a Tampa Bay team.
Tampas blunder will be the Rangers reward.

Tampa is a broken team. Buying out Vinny is just part of the damage control of trying to fix the craziness that went down last season. Lots of bad decisions from Tampa over the last year... Letting Vinny go will look like another one by seasons end.

That said...there is room for Artem. Don't worry

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 08:25 AM
silverfish
Player Usage

It was definitely a shot at Dubinsky from the coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross
As for his position, Dubinsky said he'd be willing to play either as Tortorella used him as a wing briefly last season.

"I think I'm better naturally as a centerman," Dubinsky said. "I've felt like that's where they want to slot me. But I played wing last year and wherever I fit in with that concoction of players, I'll be ready to go."

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 08:26 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
lol, too funny.

Am I the only one that sees through Torts' ********? Come on, guys.
I've been saying all along he's full of it.

Sather gave him no choice with the defense. He only had one extra vet to work with (Semenov).

However with the forwards, he looks willing to move a young center out of his natural position (Dubinsky) and cut a budding star (Anisimov) in favor of a 34 year old that was bought out by the second worse (not by much) team in the league.

Eh... Maybe he's doing this to motivate Dubinsky AND Anisimov and its all an elaborate bluff... Let's hope so.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote