HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sanguinetti - reassigned to HFD (merged)

Old
09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
defenseman normally take longer to develop. its obvious he improved his defense but seemed to have sacrificed a bit of his offense. the key for him will be finding a good balance between the 2 now that hes in hartford.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sanguinetti is only a 2nd year pro. He hasn't been around forever. He isn't Hugh Jessiman. I read things like Sanguinetti stinks if he doesn't make the team and this was before he played in a preseason game last week. The Rangers didn't draft him to be a stay at home D. It's a very long season. Hockey begins when the baseball playoffs start. Hockey ends in the third month of the following baseball season. Sanguinetti will get his chance at some point this season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Yep I don't see this as a problem at all for Bobby. Remember when he was drafted he was extremely raw and even back then most scouting reports saw him coming here around 09-10. He's definitely going to be on the team at some point this year, even if only on a call-up, but his time is almost here.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Marc Staal and Sangs are two different types of players. Staal is a defensive defenseman first whose offensive potential has yet to be realized, but still has a bit of a low offensive ceiling. If Sangs' ultimate offensive game draws comparisons to Staal, then I think he'll be a disappointment.
indeed.

Sangs could be like Kimmo Timmonen
Gilroy could be like Dan Boyle
MDZ could be like Rafalski
Staal could be like... Jovocop circa Van, Chara circa Ott, Ohlund, i think someone once said Larry Robinson but i don't remember his style of play.
McDounagh, i won't even pretend like i his game.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Bobby will be fine. It was his bad luck to show up this year and have a 19-year-old defenseman have a great camp and take a position. Any other year he might have made the big club.

The best thing that can happen for the Rangers right now is for Del Zotto and Gilroy to flourish. Of course we want them to be good, but we also need them to get established quickly because other changes are coming on defense in the next two years. The sooner that Tortarella feels confident in their reliability, then it opens the door for Sauer, Sangs' and Ryan McDonagh as well as others who might emerge.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Cermi

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
indeed.

Sangs could be like Kimmo Timmonen
Gilroy could be like Dan Boyle
MDZ could be like Rafalski
Staal could be like... Jovocop circa Van, Chara circa Ott, Ohlund, i think someone once said Larry Robinson but i don't remember his style of play.
McDounagh, i won't even pretend like i his game.
In case they all reach their potential we should be ready for a lot of deep play-off runs...

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:58 PM
eco's bones

Even though he's going down--it's obvious Sanguinetti has made a lot of progress and is very close. I expect he's going to get some games this year at the NHL level. All he needs to do is keep his head up and continue to work hard on his game. The guy is going to be a good--maybe very good NHL'er.

The Rangers as well need to start working some of their young d-men into the lineup. Two this year--maybe two next year and if Sanguinetti does get some games this year it should only make his transition easier for him next year. We're going to have a young defense and what looks like an excellent defense in the next two to three years.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Sanguinetti is solid. He will be reliable NHL stay-ay-home #4 D for us (or other NHL team) eventually. I'd keep him in HFD as our 8th. Injuries are not going past this team year after year.
You know that BobbySan is NOT a stay at homer, right? I have to think you're referring to Sauer.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Bobby will be fine. It was his bad luck to show up this year and have a 19-year-old defenseman have a great camp and take a position. Any other year he might have made the big club.

The best thing that can happen for the Rangers right now is for Del Zotto and Gilroy to flourish. Of course we want them to be good, but we also need them to get established quickly because other changes are coming on defense in the next two years. The sooner that Tortarella feels confident in their reliability, then it opens the door for Sauer, Sangs' and Ryan McDonagh as well as others who might emerge.
Well said...and given the relative youthfulness, and how currently inexpensive they all are, getting them established allows the Rangers to jettison the expensive contracts and reduce the cap strain.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:04 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Ok, I found your other response, 94. You actually think BobbySan can be a stay-at-home d-man.

Just going to put it bluntly: You're wrong.

You're completely wrong.

BobbySan's defense was not at all good in the AHL. You think he's going to miraculously develop that to an elite level in the NHL?

I can see him becoming a two-way kind of guy (jack of all trades, master of none) like Poti is (and make no mistake, Poti is a fine player right now). But stay-at-home? And then you compared him to Staal?

I think you aren't even thinking of the right player, to be honest. You're so far off base it's not even funny.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:04 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Also, I think that BobbySan takes this message and runs with it. Improve your defense and you'll be up later in the year, Bobby. He lasted this long so he knows he JUST missed making the team.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

And also, I hate the nickname "Sangs".

Please refer to him as BobbySan from now on. Like he's a cool Japanese dude.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Also, I think that BobbySan takes this message and runs with it. Improve your defense and you'll be up later in the year, Bobby. He lasted this long so he knows he JUST missed making the team.
His defense isn't the issue. Defensively he was better than MDZ and Gilroy, but Torts wanted to see more offense out of him:

Quote:
Tortorella on Bobby Sanguinetti, and how he's come along in his offensive game: "Not as much as a Del Zotto and a Gilroy. We know it's in him, we tried to give him some power-play time the last game, and we'll probably give him some more in the next game or two to give him a look.

"Right now I don't think he's on the same plane as the other two kids in that offensive part of it. Sometimes maturity at that position, in all facets of the game, is different for different people. But he's certainly put himself on the map here as far as me getting to know him as a player. I didn't know anything about him."

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

I fully realize that. But he isn't ready in any aspect, IMO. His defense is below par for a NHLer. His offense is right on the cusp. To me, he just needs to work on bringing the rest of his game to a NHL level.

Also, I thought that Del Zotto was definitely better defensively. Gilroy wasn't, but his offense was on another level.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Bobby Sanguinetti was sent down to Hartford today, but the race for the spot on the NHL team is not over yet. Let's see how it plays out over the remaining pre-season games (here and in Hartford), as well as the first few games of the regular season.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
The fact that our D could look like this in a few years is amazing:

Staal-MDZ
McDonagh-Gilroy
Sangs-Girardi

This doesn't even bring into account the other D talent we have

When you consider that even if most of our defensemen disappoint and nobody surprises, we still will have amazing defense.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:51 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Bobby Sanguinetti was sent down to Hartford today, but the race for the spot on the NHL team is not over yet. Let's see how it plays out over the remaining pre-season games (here and in Hartford), as well as the first few games of the regular season.
Unless Del Zotto is injured, do you REALLY see him losing the spot?

He's been that good. I would be shocked if he's sent back before the 9 game trial. Absolutely shocked.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
And also, I hate the nickname "Sangs".

Please refer to him as BobbySan from now on. Like he's a cool Japanese dude.
Yeah, lets just all do as you say.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:53 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Also, I like these as defensive prospect nicknames:

Young DZ (Del Zotto -- a take off of Young Jezy)
McDreamy (McDonagh -- something we use now)
BobbySan (Sanguinetti)
Dr. Dra (Kundratek)
Harry (Corey Potter, although this was He Who Must Not Be Named's nickname, too, but He Who Must Not Be Named is a perfect nickname for He Who Must Not Be Named).

Old
09-24-2009, 04:54 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Yeah, lets just all do as you say.
That is normally how it works around here.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:57 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
That is normally how it works around here.
That was sarcasm.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
That was sarcasm.
...I know. Though my post was serious. That is usually how it works around here.

Just sayin'.

Old
09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

DZ could also be Dizzy .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Sanguinetti is solid. He will be reliable NHL stay-ay-home #4 D for us (or other NHL team) eventually. I'd keep him in HFD as our 8th. Injuries are not going past this team year after year.
Damn, kinda hoping he'll be at least a #3 and hopefully a first pairing D. #4 would be a let down. I hope he'll be better than Girardi (talen-wise, I am not comparing styles).

Old
09-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Damn these kids can't catch a break. You suck at defense, get better at it. The guy does and now gets crucified because his offense has suffered a little.

Sangs is going to be alright. Don't you think his offense is bound to improve in HFD since he is now a better defender? I think this step up defensively will actually help his offensive game a lot.
I've been wondering out loud on this board why there was so much anti-Sanger feelings.