HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09/10 - TV Schedule

Old
09-23-2009, 10:43 PM
SR

vCash: 500
09/10 - TV Schedule

Well I don't know what else to say or ask, but is there going to be any local TV coverage from FOX or AZTV at all this year, or should I take advantage of the cheap specials going on, on Center ice?

I do apologize if this is a repost, but I could not find anything on this, and the site doesnt have anything either.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:54 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Well I don't know what else to say or ask, but is there going to be any local TV coverage from FOX or AZTV at all this year, or should I take advantage of the cheap specials going on, on Center ice?

I do apologize if this is a repost, but I could not find anything on this, and the site doesnt have anything either.
If I recall correctly any TV contract would have to wait until the bankruptcy process is completed before it can be signed

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

You tease...

Also.. this is just unacceptable.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 11:42 PM
SR

Well I hope center ice carries the games then, or ill be peeved!

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:28 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

If the TV situation is not resolved in a timely manner I may just buy a lot of walk up cheap seats to augment my partial plan whenever I have the extra time. I live close enough out here in Surprise land so It wouldn't bother me to go to most of the games. If I had to drive out to DT or beyond it would be a different matter. I'd probably just give up then.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Well I hope center ice carries the games then, or ill be peeved!
I checked a few days ago and there were quite a few AWAY games (all I'm personally concerened with for TV purposes) either not being broadcast at all or only on Canadian channels I won't get with DirecTV. Althouh some teams still didn;t have any TV scheduled released yet. I also know last year many teams added more TV games as the season went on. So there is still hope.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:10 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Or you could just stream the games, for free. Not the best but better than nothing.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If Balsillie said he'd keep the team here all "season" we should get a television deal. If he said he'd keep the team here "all year"(meaning we're goners at the Olympic break), I doubt we will.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I will say this: growing up in Cincinnati the Red's never showed home games on TV with the thoughts it detracted from putting Butts' in the seats. Maybe it's ok if for one season we have no local TV deal. People need to attend games!!! I know money/ economics aside, but watching local games on TV to me is a luxury, as is attending games in person. We have lazy people that live in the valley that I can promise you will watch on TV rather than go in person just because their lazy.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
I will say this: growing up in Cincinnati the Red's never showed home games on TV with the thoughts it detracted from putting Butts' in the seats. Maybe it's ok if for one season we have no local TV deal. People need to attend games!!! I know money/ economics aside, but watching local games on TV to me is a luxury, as is attending games in person. We have lazy people that live in the valley that I can promise you will watch on TV rather than go in person just because their lazy.
Right now the biggest issue For me is some sort of announcement on Road game coverage with an option for adding home games down the line the FSN has with the Dbacks on late season games if they are in the race. I think that would be a good starting point.

As I said above, I already go to 10-12 a year so going to a few more home games isn't a big deal. But road coverage is another matter. The main reason I KNOW I would never follow a minor league hockey team in the valley would be the lack of TV coverage.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
81ragnaH

Quote:
i am highly doubtful that would work...look at the chicago blackhawks for evidence. wirtz refused to broadcast home TV games feeling it was a disservice to season ticket holders, and in response fans refused to go.

plus, the coyotes need as much exposure as they can get. being on TV will do that, the casual fan flipping channels may stop to watch this "hockey" thing and end up hooked.

81ragnaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:05 PM
zz

Quote:
I simply don't have time to attend more than 10 games in a season. Preventing me from watching the other 30 because I'm just 'lazy' and should attend more games would be a huge turnoff.

There's only one type of person that'll attend a live game because it's not on TV: a Coyote fan. You'd be hurting the few people that have been financially supporting this team for the past 12 years. Everybody else in town would only care less, if that's even possible at this point.

A recipe for disaster.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:06 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Or you could just stream the games, for free. Not the best but better than nothing.
Except that without local TV coverage, where is the online stream going to come from?

Old
09-24-2009, 07:20 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Except that without local TV coverage, where is the online stream going to come from?
... the other teams broadcast? That's how it works. Rarely is it ever the Coyotes feed in the first place.

Old
09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
... the other teams broadcast? That's how it works. Rarely is it ever the Coyotes feed in the first place.
Is that how it works? I always thought the local team provided the TV feed and visiting media was just adding voice commentary. But without local coverage, I just couldn't figure out why the Coyotes would spend the dough to shoot the events.

Is that how it worked in Chicago? The games were covered, just not broadcast locally?

Old
09-24-2009, 07:28 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Is that how it worked in Chicago? The games were covered, just not broadcast locally?
In a way, yes. The visiting team would bring their broadcast setup. That's the entire basis of the Center Ice concept. Usually, teams aren't a joke in that regard, and have all 82 games televised. That always leaves 1 for Center Ice (and therefore the online stream sites) to pickup on. The hawks blacked out local games in a ploy to get more people to go but it didn't work.

This team will never be relevant so long as they are stuck on a crappy AM station and a piecemeal TV schedule.

Old
09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
starman
we're here to stay!

Quote:
Is that how it works? I always thought the local team provided the TV feed and visiting media was just adding voice commentary. But without local coverage, I just couldn't figure out why the Coyotes would spend the dough to shoot the events.

From what I understand the NHL has to have a video feed from every game, so there are likely cameras filming the game and transmitting it, whether or not there's a home or away broadcast.

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:35 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
From what I understand the NHL has to have a video feed from every game, so there are likely cameras filming the game and transmitting it, whether or not there's a home or away broadcast.
Would make sense with regards to suspensions, goal calls etc... Maybe since the NHL is our godfather currently they can cut FSAZ a sweet deal. Use our stuff for free, just give us air time. Maybe they were doing that before?

Old
09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
zz

Quote:
Ah, alright. Since some games are not avalable on TV, online or CI, I didn't think they were all broadcast.

Old
09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
yakko

Quote:
That is what I understand as well. There are also video highlights from games that had no television feed. I wish they would include these games on Center Ice. I would be happy to watch the game with no announcers rather than have no game at all.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

When are the games in Saskatoon?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 08:24 PM
starman
we're here to stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Hopefully never....though I'm OK with pre-season :-)

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
that wont be happening this season. Ice Edge win't own the team in enough time to plan them.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 05:40 PM
bear bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
That is what I understand as well. There are also video highlights from games that had no television feed. I wish they would include these games on Center Ice. I would be happy to watch the game with no announcers rather than have no game at all.

These highlights are usually from what can be shown on the jumbo-tron, what the officials use for video review when there is no TV coverage.

bear bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Sundogsfan

Hi all. First time poster long time lurker . I was going through my guide on my television and noticed that fox sports arizona has listed the first three games of the regular season. Does this mean the TV deal is in place?

Sundogsfan is offline   Reply With Quote