HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09/23: Flames 5 - Oilers 3

Old
09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
theranfordflop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
You watched a different Flames PP then I did.

Three 2 man advantages, two over a minute and without Khabibulin being very mortal they score 1 goal.

They passed it around and looked pretty, looked very much like our PP actually!
Again, scoring is not the most important thing. The most important thing is they had excellent movement, excellent rotation, and put shots on net. The goals will come if you keep doing the right things.

The Oilers looked pretty on the PP? When exactly? When they were trying to pass through defenders because everybody was just standing around? When the point men refused to put the puck on net? When they had no idea how to coordinate for a dump in?

The PP's were night and day last night. The overall play was night and day. I suggest you go back and look at the game tape.

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:07 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Again, scoring is not the most important thing. The most important thing is they had excellent movement, excellent rotation, and put shots on net. The goals will come if you keep doing the right things.

The Oilers looked pretty on the PP? When exactly? When they were trying to pass through defenders because everybody was just standing around? When the point men refused to put the puck on net? When they had no idea how to coordinate for a dump in?

The PP's were night and day last night. The overall play was night and day. I suggest you go back and look at the game tape.
So this season when the Oilers finish 1 for 9 with three man two man advantages you are going to say they had a good night on the PP because they passed it around and looked pretty?? Funny how you criticized the Oiler PP and the Calgary PP did all the same things as the Oiler PP usually does.

It is funny how this board is so hard on the Oilers but gives other teams free passes.

The Calgary Flame PP looked God awful last night and there was really no sugar coating it. Their passes were being constantly intercepted and blocked (even when they were up two man).

I suggest you need to look at the game tape but I can't imagine Sutter was praising the PP after the game!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Da McBomb

Quote:
So this season when the Oilers finish 1 for 9 with three man two man advantages you are going to say they had a good night on the PP because they passed it around and looked pretty?? Funny how you criticized the Oiler PP and the Calgary PP did all the same things as the Oiler PP usually does.

It is funny how this board is so hard on the Oilers but gives other teams free passes.

The Calgary Flame PP looked God awful last night and there was really no sugar coating it. Their passes were being constantly intercepted and blocked (even when they were up two man).

I suggest you need to look at the game tape but I can't imagine Sutter was praising the PP after the game!
I agree.. I thought the Flames PP looked very weak last night. I also noticed that they have Phaneuf and Bouwmeester back on the point.. and both have left handed shots.

Da McBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
BlueChipper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
I agree.. I thought the Flames PP looked very weak last night. I also noticed that they have Phaneuf and Bouwmeester back on the point.. and both have left handed shots.
I didn't get that at all either. Wouldn't it have been better to have different handed shooters out there for a one timer?

But hey, Brent Sutters a genius and I'm not, so no use thinking about it.

BlueChipper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:49 PM
theranfordflop

Quote:
Sigh... Again, the Oilers did NOT "look pretty" last night. The Calgary PP was far more organized and had far more pressure. The Oilers could not sustain pressure, they did not rotate well, they did not provide each other options or support.

Really, go back and watch the game. It's so painfully obvious if you just watch the PP's. One team has a plan and executes it, the other team doesn't.

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Da McBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Sigh... Again, the Oilers did NOT "look pretty" last night. The Calgary PP was far more organized and had far more pressure. The Oilers could not sustain pressure, they did not rotate well, they did not provide each other options or support.

Really, go back and watch the game. It's so painfully obvious if you just watch the PP's. One team has a plan and executes it, the other team doesn't.
Its difficult to kill all those penalties while all your offensive players sit.. and expect them to come out like gangbusters when its finally our turn on the PP. Those penalties took away all the momentum in the game.

Da McBomb is offline   Reply With Quote