HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Forsberg: Would the Rangers want him?

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2009, 12:13 PM
nyrtrublue

vCash: 500
Gretzky stepped down as coach today why dont we go for him?

Old
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

If his foot is really "fixed" and he can play its a no brainer. Anyone who wouldn't want Forsberg, as long as he has two feet, is nuts

He's still top 10 in the NHL if he can play.

Old
09-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Sticky Fingers

Modo vs Frolunda
1-0 Peter Forsberg

He's still playing after first period

Old
09-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Mkhizgilov

NO NO NO NO.

Signing Forsberg will just give Anisimov a one way ticket to Hartford. Forsberg was a great great player but right know he won't help as much as we would all like him too. We have 2 rookies on the center position, one who can be a future all star (hopefully). We have dubinsky whom we all hope will breakout this season, we have our captain, and Tortorella also wants Prospal too play center even though he is capable of just being a wing. Forsberg will always be one of my favorites, but he is past his time, and this isn't what this team needs. ESPECIALLY IN THE SYSTEM THE RANGERS ARE GONNA PLAY.

Old
09-24-2009, 12:52 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Please tell us more about this "Desperate Need" for a 1st line centerman you speak of!
I believe I already did, but I will type it again.

1. Prospal - can play center but should play wing. With Forsberg or another legit #1 center, he could play wing.

2. Dubinsky - arguably not ready for the number 1 spot and should be the 2nd line center for the Rangers

3. Not a number 1 center either. Should be our 3rd line center who also gets a ton of playing time of the PK and PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohf View Post
Modo vs Frolunda
1-0 Peter Forsberg

He's still playing after first period
. Hes scored the first goal already.

http://www.modohockey.se/match_visa.cfm

He is serious about coming back and we need a legit center. Send Anisimov back down to Hartford for another year.

Old
09-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLsnipers View Post
He is serious about coming back and we need a legit center. Send Anisimov back down to Hartford for another year.
This team is not in a position to contend for the Cup this year, with or without Peter Forsberg. Furthermore, sending Anisimov back to the AHL not only stunts his development, but it also has the potential to affect any decisions he might make about his long term devotion to the club. In the end, a move for Forsberg is counter-productive long term no matter how you look at it, and the potential benefit (a long, long shot at the Cup) is not worth that risk.

Old
09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Mkhizgilov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
This team is not in a position to contend for the Cup this year, with or without Peter Forsberg. Furthermore, sending Anisimov back to the AHL not only stunts his development, but it also has the potential to affect any decisions he might make about his long term devotion to the club. In the end, a move for Forsberg is counter-productive long term no matter how you look at it, and the potential benefit (a long, long shot at the Cup) is not worth that risk.
Thank you. Well said. Some of you guys are acting as if adding Forsberg to our lineup will make us contend for the cup. And someone posted that if Forsberg is healthy he can be a top 10 in the NHL. Please tell me that was a joke.

Old
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
NHLsnipers

We can argue all day about how good Forsberg is if healthy, but adding a healthy Forsberg will give this team a shot at something this year much more than having Anisimov in the lineup. Are all these Anisimov supporters already throwing in the towel for the year just so he can "develop." The goal this year and every year is to win the CUP!

Yes it is arguable that the Rangers might still not be a contender with or without Forsberg, but I believe, if healthy, he would help this team at A TON!

Old
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Mkhizgilov

Quote:
We can argue all day about how good Forsberg is if healthy, but adding a healthy Forsberg will give this team a shot at something this year much more than having Anisimov in the lineup. Are all these Anisimov supporters already throwing in the towel for the year just so he can "develop." The goal this year and every year is to win the CUP!

Yes it is arguable that the Rangers might still not be a contender with or without Forsberg, but I believe, if healthy, he would help this team at A TON!
Your right, going into the year the goal is to win the cup.

The way I see it right know is the capitals, penguins, bruins, and flyers ahead of us in the east. I think the Rangers have a very good shot in finishing 5th (with gaborik healthy). If forsberg joins us I still see us at 5th. The only con I see in having anisimov over petey is experience (especially playoff experience)

Old
09-24-2009, 01:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Where is he going to play? Doesn't this team have enough centers?

09-24-2009, 01:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

We have no room for him and I don't want to trade players just to make room for him. If Slats can make trades that make sense, improve the team, AND Foppa is in great shape, then it could work. IF, IF, IF...

Old
09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
We have tons of centers, none that are that great or legitimate # 1 centers though.

Anisimov would most likely go back to Hartford.

1. Forsberg
2. Dubinsky
3. Drury
4. Boyle

5a. Prospal to wing
5b. Anisimov up in case of any injuries

Old
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Man, its been a while since I've seen a Forsberg thread on here.

Thanks!

Old
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
chosen

If he can tote beers around we could use him as a vendor in our section.

Old
09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
If his foot is really "fixed" and he can play its a no brainer. Anyone who wouldn't want Forsberg, as long as he has two feet, is nuts

He's still top 10 in the NHL if he can play.
Yea except that never happens. The guy is good for like 20-30 games, then his foot will become a problem again. I wouldnt be against it as a deadline aquisition, if we are struggling, but thats about it.

Old
09-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Sticky Fingers

In the inteview after the game Peter says that he felt ok, but that he doesn't know how the foot will respond, that he will know more after saturdays game. He also add that "if it feels like this I'm not fit enough for NHL", don't know what he meant with the comment really. He was good during the game, some real nice passes, and good as always in PP. He looked real happy during the interview so I guess that he has some hope that this time it will work...

Old
09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Sticky Fingers

Today Djurgården vs Modo he had one ass and scored the GW in sudden death in their 1-2 victory. He didn't seem to be in that much pain, playin his usual physic game wich gave him 3x2 pen minutes.

Old
09-26-2009, 02:30 PM
dedalus

If God has any good will at all toward the Rangers, He will not allow this to happen.

Old
09-26-2009, 02:36 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohf View Post
Today Djurgården vs Modo he had one ass and scored the GW in sudden death in their 1-2 victory. He didn't seem to be in that much pain, playin his usual physic game wich gave him 3x2 pen minutes.
Myth busted

Old
09-26-2009, 02:37 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Link to comeback story

Yes he has a problem with injuries, but so does Marian Gaborik.

The Rangers are in desperate need for a number 1 center and Forsberg would be perfect and supposedly/potentially would be ready to play by game 1.

This would give Dubi the number 2 slot and another year to develop
rather than putting a ton of pressure on him. Prospal would be able to play wing where he belongs. Drury would be the 3rd line center and be the role player/leader/PKer/PPer that everyone hates because he doesn't put up 40 goals, but is where he belongs.

Obviously a huge risk/reward situation but what do you think about a 1 year contract?
I don't think they're in "desperate" need for a number 1 center. They'll be fine with Dubi, Prospal, or Anisimov filling that roll this season. Maybe we make a move at the deadline if it becomes that much of a pressing need. Forsberg isn't a better fit on the 1st line than any of the other guys we have at this point. Lets not mess with any chemistry we've managed to put together through camp.

Old
09-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Macke*

Can Naslund come back too?

Old
09-26-2009, 02:41 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Also: I'd take Sundin much quicker than Forsberg.

Old
09-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Also: I'd take Sundin much quicker than Forsberg.

Healthy Forsberg ------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Healthy Sundin

Old
09-26-2009, 05:28 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
he was a left wing when he came back to colorado and that's presumably where he'd be playing now. if he wanted to come here, it would be a no brainer...our powerplay would be insane.

Old
09-26-2009, 06:23 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

He would be a much better choice to center Gaborik. Think about the carousel of left wings you could parade with them, changing to match the opposition. I know it isn't likely, but if if IF he is healthy, then why not?

Closed Thread