HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Horcoff Value after WC?

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2004, 02:50 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Horcoff Value after WC?

Hey all,

My fellow Oiler fans and I are wondering what the value of Horcoff is after the last half of the year in the NHL and his WC play.

He had a career year for points (40+) and has increased his point totals every year in the NHL. He played against a lot of teams top forwards and did a lot of PK work this year and I think is still 25.

He can play any forward position in both and offensive and defensive roll.

He did start the year injured which killed his production until after x-mas or so and then he took off and scored the vast majority of his points.

So what is the consesus here everyone? What would Horcoff be worth out there if he were available? I don't know that he is though?

Just curious...

Old
05-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
World champs are worth almost nothing to any NHL GM's...
I dont think thats his point.Of course unto itself winning a WHC means nothing to a players value (ie the backup goalie) but if a guy plays an integral part to the winning team, it probably does. Accordingly,on a closer reading , its obvious that he was asking what his value would be given Horcoffs play in the second half of the year & a very good WHC.

Old
05-10-2004, 03:31 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
World champs are worth almost nothing to any NHL GM's...
And which NHL team do you work for again?

Granted, no one is going to trade for a guy based on his performance solely in the WJC... but that wasn't the question.

Closed Thread