HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

1st Line Named: Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
  #26
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
For those overreacting with FIRE RUFF already, you do realize this isnt going to last more than a game or two before the tinkering starts, someone gets hurt, Vanek gets in Ruff's doghouse or Roy starts dogging it.
Posted via Mobile Device
That wouldn't change a thing...but yeah. These lines won't stay for too long, that we all know.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
  #27
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
For those overreacting with FIRE RUFF already, you do realize this isnt going to last more than a game or two before the tinkering starts, someone gets hurt, Vanek gets in Ruff's doghouse or Roy starts dogging it.
Posted via Mobile Device
thats the ****ing point. the line wont work... it didnt work at all last year with any sort of consistency. so it WILL be broken up.... this is a clear case of insanity... defintion, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Ruff is clearly insane, and should be fired. he should've been fired for the same decisions last year. yet we are going to allow him to make the same mistakes all over again.

Vanek-Roy doesnt work as a first line... it never has.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
  #28
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Hadn't thought of that.


Ruck my appologies you may be on to something after all


I would LOVE a Hecht/Goose/Pommer 2nd line.
barf

Vanek-Roy-Staff
Hecht-Goose-Pommer
Mac-Connolly-Grier

thats exactly the kind of retarded i expect from Lindy, another year of trolling 3 lines equally.

fuktard

Vanek-Connolly-Poms
Mac-Roy-Staff
Hecht-Goose-Grier

its so obvious.... lindy is a *********

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:29 PM
  #29
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
barf

Vanek-Roy-Staff
Hecht-Goose-Pommer
Mac-Connolly-Grier

thats exactly the kind of retarded i expect from Lindy, another year of trolling 3 lines equally.

fuktard

Vanek-Connolly-Poms
Mac-Roy-Staff
Hecht-Goose-Grier

its so obvious.... lindy is a *********



Pommer may end up with Mac and Connolly regardless of whether or not I love Hecht/Goose Pommer as a 2nd line.


Have a drink and relax. No need to get this wound up....yet.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
  #30
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Pommer may end up with Mac and Connolly regardless of whether or not I love Hecht/Goose Pommer as a 2nd line.


Have a drink and relax. No need to get this wound up....yet.
i know... Vanek-Roy is easily my biggest pet peeve, i hate it.

Vanek-Connolly-Poms = over 16 million, thats a legit 1st line. spreading the talent out over 3 lines is NOT how you win in this league. You need a true 1st line, an adequate to good 2nd line, and a real defensive minded 3rd line.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
  #31
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,701
vCash: 500
I give Ruff 10 minutes.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
  #32
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooey View Post
I give Ruff 10 minutes.
he has had over 10 years. i give him nothing

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
  #33
ColonelForbin
Registered User
 
ColonelForbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
he has had over 10 years. i give him nothing
He did fine with the line combos during 05-06' and some of 06-07', to be fair

ColonelForbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
  #34
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
He did fine with the line combos during 05-06' and some of 06-07', to be fair
To be fair, the game has changed again.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
  #35
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,001
vCash: 500
Alongside death and taxes, one should add "Ruff juggling the lines" to the list of life's certainties.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
  #36
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
Yeah, there is zero reason to freak out over this.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
  #37
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Yeah, there is zero reason to freak out over this.
juggling lines = missing the playoffs.

was Hecht-Briere-Dumont juggled?
was Drury-Grier juggled?
was Hecht-Briere-Poms juggled?

i freak out, because starting this way, leads directly TO line juggling, lack of chemistry, failed assumptions, and a slow start.

Why is Ruff still forcing the square peg in the round hole with Vanek-Roy? Those two paired as a top line have never got this team to the playoffs.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:46 PM
  #38
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Vanek-Connolly-Poms
Mac-Roy-Staff
Hecht-Goose-Grier
Please God please!!!!!

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
  #39
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,521
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Please God please!!!!!
email it to Lindy !

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
  #40
ColonelForbin
Registered User
 
ColonelForbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
To be fair, the game has changed again.
Yeah, but my point is he got the lines right then for what the game was, and he didn't juggle him.

ColonelForbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
  #41
jlr
\m/o.o\m/
 
jlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
I'mma let you finish I'll go back and read the rest of the thread, I promise, but first:

**** you, Lindy Ruff. Eat a fat d***. And while I'm at it, same goes to Captain Crybaby and his 100-giveaway-ass. What a crock.

FIRE RUFF!! has never been more apropos.

wow, I can't believe the d-word isn't filtered and I had to do it manually.


Last edited by jlr: 09-24-2009 at 05:33 PM.
jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:16 PM
  #42
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,521
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
I'm gonna let you finish I'll go back and read the rest of the thread, I promise, but first:

**** you, Lindy Ruff. Eat a fat d***. And while I'm at it, same goes to Captain Crybaby and his 100-giveaway-ass. What a crock.

FIRE RUFF!! has never been more apropos.

wow, I can't believe the d-word isn't filtered and I had to do it manually.
if it ain't filtered, it must be OK ! Run with it ....

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:29 PM
  #43
jlr
\m/o.o\m/
 
jlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
if it ain't filtered, it must be OK ! Run with it ....
Believe it or not, I've used that strategy in the past. Then I wake up the next morning and those posts are gone.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
  #44
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
if it ain't filtered, it must be OK ! Run with it ....
Yeah, probably not a good idea......trust me.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
  #45
oldgoalie
thanks Millsie
 
oldgoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: go get your Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
If they win, they can play anyone with anybody at any time. Just win.
halle ****ing luia... just win, for Chrissakes...

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
  #46
Vito_81
Registered User
 
Vito_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
Maybe the 3rd times a charm.

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 06:46 PM
  #47
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
I think everyone should get all worked up if they disagree with the lines that will be together for the first eight minutes of the first period of the first game.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 06:50 PM
  #48
jlr
\m/o.o\m/
 
jlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
I think everyone should get all worked up if they disagree with the lines that will be together for the first eight minutes of the first period of the first game.
Right, because having a coach that changes lines more often than he changes ties is a much better situation to be in.

We've seen this movie before. And the ending ****ing sucks.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
  #49
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Right, because having a coach that changes lines more often than he changes ties is a much better situation to be in.

We've seen this movie before. And the ending ****ing sucks.
Well, he's got the 5th best playoff winning% ever of coaches with 40+ playoff wins.

He also has missed the playoffs too much.

So the ending sucks sometimes and sometimes is very good. Personally, I think missing the playoffs has had more to do with the players the coach was given than the job the coach did, but that's just my opinion. Armchair GMs/coaches tend to dislike real GMs and coaches so the message board ranting is to be expected. Sadly there are probably a pretty high percentage of people on this board that think they could do a better job themselves. But I guess that's what makes coming here now and again fun.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:08 PM
  #50
jlr
\m/o.o\m/
 
jlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Well, he's got the 5th best playoff winning% ever of coaches with 40+ playoff wins.

He also has missed the playoffs too much.

So the ending sucks sometimes and sometimes is very good. Personally, I think missing the playoffs has had more to do with the players the coach was given than the job the coach did, but that's just my opinion. Armchair GMs/coaches tend to dislike real GMs and coaches so the message board ranting is to be expected. Sadly there are probably a pretty high percentage of people on this board that think they could do a better job themselves. But I guess that's what makes coming here now and again fun.
There was a spell last season where I was honestly considering the possibility that Ruff was trying to get fired.

I'm already there again before the season has even started, this time with a lot less doubt.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.