HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

As I look back over the season

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2004, 03:43 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
As I look back over the season

1) Most of us ripped on Vokoun a few times (hell even I did and he's my favorite goalie bar none), but he definately came through for us in many games. His GAA , Sv % and other numbers may not be as good as his amazing season last year, but one thing that is most important: WINS. The Preds go as far as Vokoun gets them. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs and to see how well he does, I expect he'll be refreshed and fully focused and ready to go.

2) 'Big up' to Poille. Seriously, actually pulled the trigger this season and it pushed us over the edge. If we had done nothing more than acquired Sully I would have been psyched, but to get Zholtok, Bomber, Hnidy etc was nice. I'm not big fan of Bomber's play and Zholtok hasn't been great, but his playoff experience will help in the locker room and he has a knack for scoring a timely goal. Hnidy however I hope gets more playing time than Bomber.

3) Trotz. Several a night I scratched my head wondering what the hell he was doing with the lines or why he couldn't get this team to respond, but in the end he got us to the promised land. I'm sure glad we stuck in there with him and didn't ditch him for some rookie coach ala Granato. He may look funny and may not get much attention but thank you Trotz.

4) to all of you here and to all the other Preds fans. You're all a class act and I get sick of people ripping on you just because of the perceived notion of Nashville and Tennessee. Partially just because being from Idaho I catch a lot of flack about taters and such. Although I've never been to Nashville, my mom has and she loved the city and people, and I seriously hope I can visit soon, Southwest flys down there and it's pretty cheap, so maybe some time later this summer or next fall to catch a game!

5) To the entire organization. The players, the staff, the fans, everyone. You all make me proud to be a Preds fan. I can't wait to don my Vokoun jersey when I get it in a few weeks and will wear it proud here in Idaho.

Alright that's enough rambling, just wanted to let everyone know how I feel. The future is so bright for this team, we're gonna have to wear shades.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:22 AM
HyperSniper

Top 3 Preds who Exceeded expectations this season:

3) Zidlicky: Out did Delmore in both offense and defense. I had a hunch he was the "payoff" sleeper in the Dunham trade. Man did he produce. Add a bit more Defensive awareness for next year and man this kid will be it.

2) Martin Erat: Take last year and this year...compare the two. Man what a difference. Got his attitude in check late last year and stepped up this season in a major way.

1) David Poile: Sully for two draft picks...need I say more?

Old
04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperSniper
Top 3 Preds who Exceeded expectations this season:

3) Zidlicky: Out did Delmore in both offense and defense. I had a hunch he was the "payoff" sleeper in the Dunham trade. Man did he produce. Add a bit more Defensive awareness for next year and man this kid will be it.

2) Martin Erat: Take last year and this year...compare the two. Man what a difference. Got his attitude in check late last year and stepped up this season in a major way.

1) David Poile: Sully for two draft picks...need I say more?
I'll substitute Poile for Walker...Walker had a GREAT SEASON ... and if Hartnell was healthy all season he would have had at least 20 goals!

Old
04-05-2004, 11:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I'll substitute Poile for Walker...Walker had a GREAT SEASON ... and if Hartnell was healthy all season he would have had at least 20 goals!

i think that number would be more in the area of 25. didn't he miss like 24 games? it stands to reason to think he would have scored 6-7 more goals in that time

Old
04-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i think that number would be more in the area of 25. didn't he miss like 24 games? it stands to reason to think he would have scored 6-7 more goals in that time
23 games...that's a quarter of the season!...geez, easily would have had 24+ goals imo 18/59*82 gives you 25 goals! 21 assists...45 points...that's a pretty good season if healthy for what he does to the opposing teams defense.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:31 PM
predfan1510

golfmade- Its long distant fans that make me proud to be a fan in Nashville. If it wasn't for you guys out there in the great wild beyond, we would have a hard time getting any respect on the national scale. You are what makes it fun for me. I too hope that you can get down here to the Music City. If you get the chance, give me a buzz and I will personally get you tickets to the game.

Old
04-06-2004, 02:17 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan1510
golfmade- Its long distant fans that make me proud to be a fan in Nashville. If it wasn't for you guys out there in the great wild beyond, we would have a hard time getting any respect on the national scale. You are what makes it fun for me. I too hope that you can get down here to the Music City. If you get the chance, give me a buzz and I will personally get you tickets to the game.

Thanks for the comment. As I said, I've never been to Nashville before but I'm sure it's a beautiful city with wonderful people. My mom has been and she loved it.

The only problem will be hotel, I looked at most the hotels that are even close to the GEC and most are at least 80 a night or more... is there like a YMCA that has rooms for cheap or something that's close to downtown?

Old
04-06-2004, 03:32 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade

Thanks for the comment. As I said, I've never been to Nashville before but I'm sure it's a beautiful city with wonderful people. My mom has been and she loved it.

The only problem will be hotel, I looked at most the hotels that are even close to the GEC and most are at least 80 a night or more... is there like a YMCA that has rooms for cheap or something that's close to downtown?

i'm sure there are members of the board that would welcome you to crash on their couch or something. if i were still in nashville, my apartment was on west end, about 5 minutes from the GEC

Old
04-06-2004, 03:43 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i'm sure there are members of the board that would welcome you to crash on their couch or something. if i were still in nashville, my apartment was on west end, about 5 minutes from the GEC
That's true, I just don't like to impose, besides I'm not sure how much I trust you guys enough to stay in your home :lol j/k (or am I? )

Old
04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
That's true, I just don't like to impose, besides I'm not sure how much I trust you guys enough to stay in your home :lol j/k (or am I? )
Just don't accept any invitations from someone named Buffalo Bill.

Old
04-06-2004, 02:14 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
do you remember over the past few months...

-the mike comrie rumors
-the anson carter rumors
-all the proposed trades involving arkhipov and schnabel
-some of you were crazy enough to entertain the idea of trading walker
-we all had the vokoun avatars prior to the all-star announcement and quickly changing them afterwards

Closed Thread