HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

General SEL Thread

View Poll Results: Färjestad vs Skellefteå in SEL Finals, who wins?
Färjestad 4 40.00%
Skellefteå 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
SurMartin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrushers View Post
Are you serious? Just becuase you had alot of puck doesent mean that you played a good game.. There were few times in the game that Färjestad dident have 100% control of your offense but most times our D kept them on the outside and made them take easy shots that Nihlstorp had no problem seeing or saving.
Yes, you did play the best game of the finals but that doesent say much since Färjestad had dominated the three previous games.

It will be over on thursday.
OK KCrushers, you are right. Everyone else is wrong.
You "stole" this game, so just be happy for that and the fact that you'll most likely have your 10th-whatever gold soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Sorry I feel like I'm completely intruding on some serious discussion here, but I'm an Oilers fan here wondering about how Adam Larsson's looked thus far in the SEL playoffs?

I know he's been playing with Rundblad on AIK's top "shut-down" pairing, but I was wondering how he's seemed at both aspects of the game (offense and defense). Is he playing a lot of PK and PP as well? How has his play factored into AIK's recent struggles in the final series vs Farjestad?

Thanks again in advance!
Larsson was great in the quarterfinals, good in the semis and awful in the finals. (A whole lot better in the latest game though.) He hasn't played with Rundblad but with Tim Erixon (calgary).
They started out as our second pairing but since they proved to be our best defencemen in the playoffs they became the first pairing after a couple of games. He plays 2nd PP and usually 1st PK.
Don't know how much of a factor he has made as the whole team has played badly, but it can't have been good as he has been sloppy and made a lot of positioning-mistakes.

Old
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Names View Post
OK KCrushers, you are right. Everyone else is wrong.
You "stole" this game, so just be happy for that and the fact that you'll most likely have your 10th-whatever gold soon.
Great that you see things the same way I do.
Sometimes being too cocky can come back and bite your ass you know
http://www.folkbladet.nu/wp-content/...aga10/sid1.pdf

Old
04-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Garl

Quote:
Oh yeah
Quote:
The SEL season ends on thursday.. It's gonna be fantastic knowing that the title is back where it belongs, at Swedens best hockeyteam.

Old
04-14-2011, 03:32 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
And how is that cocky? In Skellefteå they (and others born 90-93) have been seen as "the golden generation" for two years now. How very cocky of them to agree to do a photoshoot with that theme for a local newspaper before the season began.
..Oh yes, how cocky we are, and to top it all -a town called "Goldtown"! It MUST have something to do with SEL and winning the gold. Everything is!!1!

Humility and reason is not something all to common among you guys eh?

Old
04-14-2011, 04:16 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Oh yeah
It's one thing to stick your cheek out when it's 3-1 and another thing to pose in gold before the season even starts..

Quote:
And how is that cocky? In Skellefteå they (and others born 90-93) have been seen as "the golden generation" for two years now. How very cocky of them to agree to do a photoshoot with that theme for a local newspaper before the season began.
..Oh yes, how cocky we are, and to top it all -a town called "Goldtown"! It MUST have something to do with SEL and winning the gold. Everything is!!1!

Humility and reason is not something all to common among you guys eh?
Yes, incredible cocky. I love how we agree on things.

About the golden generation, don't you have to win something to act like you have? The only thing Rundblad has shown is that he chokes when the games actually mean something.

Old
04-14-2011, 09:04 AM
SurMartin

Quote:

About the golden generation, don't you have to win something to act like you have? The only thing Rundblad has shown is that he chokes when the games actually mean something.
Your first sentence suggests that you detected my sarcasm but then you follow it up with something like that..?

Ok, one more time..
"The golden generation" has that name because of the talent of a pretty large number of players born in the 1990-1993. We've never had such a "breakout" of talents and probably wont in a very long time either. Calling it our golden generation is VERY accurate.
If you honestly think they shot that thinking about the SEL like "hey this year we're sure to win gold!" then I'm sorry to disappoint you. That level of stupidity is something I leave to the one bashing the 20-year-old with the second most points ever by a defencemen in SEL.

I really hope you're just being annoying on purpose. Otherwise I really hope you're not representative of most FBK-fans (well, or ANY.)

Old
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Your first sentence suggests that you detected my sarcasm but then you follow it up with something like that..?

Ok, one more time..
"The golden generation" has that name because of the talent of a pretty large number of players born in the 1990-1993. We've never had such a "breakout" of talents and probably wont in a very long time either. Calling it our golden generation is VERY accurate.
If you honestly think they shot that thinking about the SEL like "hey this year we're sure to win gold!" then I'm sorry to disappoint you. That level of stupidity is something I leave to the one bashing the 20-year-old with the second most points ever by a defencemen in SEL.

I really hope you're just being annoying on purpose. Otherwise I really hope you're not representative of most FBK-fans (well, or ANY.)
Wow, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?
My line in my last post was sarcasm because I dident agree with you.

I find it very amusing that anyone that has accomplished so little can have the guts to call themselfs the golden generation and agree to take such pictures. Rundblad has been SO BAD in both the finals here and in the JWC so for him to do something like that.. Well, yeah that's cocky and worse, it's cockyness that he can't back up.

Old
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Dosing

It's like seeing minnesota wild win stanley cup, depressing

Old
04-14-2011, 02:16 PM
SurMartin

FBK is very good, but the team that beat Linköping and Luleå only showed up for one and a half game..

Old
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Harks

Congrats to Färjestad! You were the better team.

Old
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
KCrushers

The only team that even came close to hurting Färjestad this season was Brynäs. AIK south and AIK north was never even close to be honest. I'm really happy about the title but mostly I'm happy on Christian Berglund and Sanny Lindströms behalf, they've had such good seasons and have waited for this gold for so long.

Old
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
SurMartin

Well, congrats to FBK!

And thank you Skellefteå AIK.
I'm too young have much memories of 1978, so I can honestly say that this has been the best season i've experienced thus far. Shame we ran out of fuel in the finals.

EDIT:
Quote:
Wow, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?
My line in my last post was sarcasm because I dident agree with you.
And that's why I said "suggests that you detected my sarcasm", -because you followed it up with sarcasm yourself.
we're really not on the same page here are we?

Quote:
I find it very amusing that anyone that has accomplished so little can have the guts to call themselfs the golden generation and agree to take such pictures. Rundblad has been SO BAD in both the finals here and in the JWC so for him to do something like that.. Well, yeah that's cocky and worse, it's cockyness that he can't back up.
They don't call themselves that it's a nick given by the supporters. Supporters who have experienced 16 years of misery. Supporters who haven't exactly been spoiled rotten. They are our "golden generation" for reasons you simply seem unable to comprehend.
Your reasoning about Rundblad is so bad you must be trolling, so I won't argue with you anymore. I quess I have sunk pretty low myself to be arguing about a ****ing picture..

Congrats to your ninth gold.

Last edited by SurMartin: 04-14-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old
04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Your reasoning about Rundblad is so bad you must be trolling, so I won't argue with you anymore.

Congrats to your ninth gold.
I am not trolling about Rundblad. I think that he's a security risk for his team and that his defensive game is lowsy. The difference between a defender and a forward should be that the defender is better in his own zone than the forward, Rundblad is not.

Thanx.

Old
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
zecke26

Quote:
The difference between a defender and a forward should be that the defender is better in his own zone than the forward
SAIK played this new 4 F 1 D system. something FBK tried with junland too. it's modern hockey.

Old
04-14-2011, 06:27 PM
SirKillalot

Anders Bastiansen(Norway), got the MVP award for most valuable player in the swedish elite league playoffs

Last edited by SirKillalot: 04-14-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old
04-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Garl

Quote:
It's one thing to stick your cheek out when it's 3-1 and another thing to pose in gold before the season even starts..
Nah, your attitude is a perfect description of what cocky is. Saying phrases like it will end on thursday is cocky however you look at it. You had right to be though, FBK were certainly much better than inexperienced SAIK. And I congratulate you on winning the Gold.

Quote:

About the golden generation, don't you have to win something to act like you have? The only thing Rundblad has shown is that he chokes when the games actually mean something
You're really trying to find a an absent black cat in a dark room. SAIK is a rather small team from small town in Norhtern Sweden. It happened that 3 very talented defensemen were developed there at the same time. What's so cocky about small town being proud of producing 3 Nhl Draft first rounders in 3 years?

Quote:
I am not trolling about Rundblad. I think that he's a security risk for his team and that his defensive game is lowsy. The difference between a defender and a forward should be that the defender is better in his own zone than the forward, Rundblad is not.
Rundblad is prone to some mistakes in his own end, but he's not as bad as you describe in his own zone, and finally, give a boy a credit for incredible season for god sakes.
Quote:
Rundblad has been SO BAD in both the finals here and in the JWC so for him to do something like that.
In 2009 JWC finals worst player for Sweden was probably Erik Karlsson. Rundblad? He wasn't really a go to guy, and wasn't "incredibly bad".

Old
04-14-2011, 06:58 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
I am glad that it is over, it was like looking at a train crash in slow-motion.

Old
04-14-2011, 07:05 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
SAIK played this new 4 F 1 D system. something FBK tried with junland too. it's modern hockey.
Then I think I like old hockey.. Give me a Dman like Pronger over Mike "Mr Norris" Green anyday..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Anders Bastiansen(Norway), was got the MVP award for most valuable player in the swedish elite league playoffs
I actually think they gave it to the wrong Norwegian.. Holtet was outstanding and together with Lundh and Sjögren out best forward looking over the whole season.

Quote:
Nah, your attitude is a perfect description of what cocky is. Saying phrases like it will end on thursday is cocky however you look at it. You had right to be though, FBK were certainly much better than inexperienced SAIK. And I congratulate you on winning the Gold.
Well, there's a difference between a supporter being cocky when the team is in a 3-1 lead with two homegames out of the next three and a player posing in gold before the season.

I'm not saying it's bad to be cocky.. Just a bad idea when you can't back it up.

Quote:
You're really trying to find a an absent black cat in a dark room. SAIK is a rather small team from small town in Norhtern Sweden. It happened that 3 very talented defensemen were developed there at the same time. What's so cocky about small town being proud of producing 3 Nhl Draft first rounders in 3 years?
Oh I know what Skellefteå is and I think they should be proud of their youth system but.. but.. There is a BIG difference between being proud and have three junior d to pose in gold before the season. Usually those kind of pictures are taken when you've actually won something.

Quote:
Rundblad is prone to some mistakes in his own end, but he's not as bad as you describe in his own zone, and finally, give a boy a credit for incredible season for god sakes.

In 2009 JWC finals worst player for Sweden was probably Erik Karlsson. Rundblad? He wasn't really a go to guy, and wasn't "incredibly bad".
Yes, he is. When put under preasure he makes such big mistakes and it's not just throwing the puck away. He's positioning in his own zone has been really bad this finals and he's made so many bad mistakes that I can't understand how some people want him in the World Cup team.

Old
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
KRM

Congratulations Bollklubben.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:07 PM
His Beardliness
#SireBabcock

Old
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

My try at a playoff tribute video:

Old
01-24-2012, 03:26 PM
cheerupmurray

Nobody scores in Elitserien anymore, soon there will be more goals scored in fotbollsallsvenskan...

The main reason is in my mind defensive minded coaches that plays destructive defense-first hockey. I don't mind low-scoring hockey if theres good energy in the games and chances are created, but lot's of games are real snoozefests.

Which trainers in SEL have a fun hockey philosophy, and which ones destroys the entertainment value in your opinion?

Old
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Everlasting

Wennerholm just wrote this: "Välkomna till allsvenskan, Timrå"

Since he is never right..... wooohoooo

Old
02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Nobody scores in Elitserien anymore, soon there will be more goals scored in fotbollsallsvenskan...

The main reason is in my mind defensive minded coaches that plays destructive defense-first hockey. I don't mind low-scoring hockey if theres good energy in the games and chances are created, but lot's of games are real snoozefests.

Which trainers in SEL have a fun hockey philosophy, and which ones destroys the entertainment value in your opinion?
Samuelsson is good from that perspective even if he isn't among the best coaches.

Old
02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
KRM

I really like Dahlén's coaching philosophy.

Closed Thread