HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

General SEL Thread

View Poll Results: Färjestad vs Skellefteå in SEL Finals, who wins?
Färjestad 4 40.00%
Skellefteå 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2010, 07:38 AM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

vCash: 500
New Captain in Timrå IK this season:

Gabriel Karlsson will wear the C, Anton Lander & Kim Hirschovits gets the A's

source: http://www.timraik.se/index.php?article=599

Old
09-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-nix View Post

Poor Styf.

Old
09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-nix View Post

Hirschovits must've really showed his leadership skills early on. He used to be HIFK captain so he will probably do well in a leader role.

I wouldn't be surprised if he earns the C in a year or two.

Last edited by mattihp: 09-07-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old
09-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Hirschovits must've really showed his leadership skills early on. He used to be HIFK captain so he will probably do well in a leader role.

I wouldn't be surprised if he earns the C in a year or two.
Do you know if he speaks Swedish?

Old
09-08-2010, 12:38 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Do you know if he speaks Swedish?
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he did, Helsinki natives are usually at least decent in swedish. And he has played for HIFK for so many seasons...

Old
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
KRM

Damn Anton Lander is good.

Old
09-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Poor Kent Johansson. If last nights effort was any indication of Frölunda plays defense, he'll have his hands full this season.

Old
09-18-2010, 05:42 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn View Post
Poor Kent Johansson. If last nights effort was any indication of Frölunda plays defense, he'll have his hands full this season.
Getting your best defensive player taken out for the season in the first shift probably had something to do with it, most players looked stunned for the first half of the game.

Old
09-19-2010, 03:14 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Getting your best defensive player taken out for the season in the first shift probably had something to do with it, most players looked stunned for the first half of the game.
I don't belive that Mäntymaa vill miss the whole season due to a cuncussion. Besides that Frölunda was pretty bad defensivly as a team and has been so for the last seasons now so I would have been surprised if Kenta would have fixed that already.

Old
09-19-2010, 04:56 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrushers View Post
I don't belive that Mäntymaa vill miss the whole season due to a cuncussion. Besides that Frölunda was pretty bad defensivly as a team and has been so for the last seasons now so I would have been surprised if Kenta would have fixed that already.
That was his third concussion in six months...

Old
09-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Garl

Still don't get, why SSK sent Tim Heed to Vaxjo.

Old
09-19-2010, 07:54 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Still don't get, why SSK sent Tim Heed to Vaxjo.
That six point game might change their minds quickly.

Old
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
That was his third concussion in six months...
Ah, too bad but I really don't think it was a bad hit. Yes, his skates are slightly off the ice when the hit comes but that's more momentum than a jump. I wish we saw more of that kind of tackles in SEL (without injuries that is).

Old
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
KRM

Quote:
Ah, too bad but I really don't think it was a bad hit. Yes, his skates are slightly off the ice when the hit comes but that's more momentum than a jump. I wish we saw more of that kind of tackles in SEL (without injuries that is).
Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great hit. He definitely didn't jump (skates leave the ice due to contact with his own player), and I don't think he aimed for the head either, that just happen because Mäntymaa was out of balance. The suspension is ludicrous, a minor penalty for charging at most.

I'm just saying that I think that it stunned the team, seeing your teammate who has had concussion problems the last few months going down like that must have affected the player for the rest of the game.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:22 AM
KRM

Match penalty... Learn to take a damn hit Paulsson.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:52 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Match penalty... Learn to take a damn hit Paulsson.
Please.. It was a dirty hit and I don't care about how sorry he is or what a "nice guy" he is.. It was a dirty hit. You don't put your knee out like that, you just don't.

Per-Johan Thörnberg sounds like a good new name for him.

Old
09-24-2010, 02:26 PM
KRM

Quote:
Please.. It was a dirty hit and I don't care about how sorry he is or what a "nice guy" he is.. It was a dirty hit. You don't put your knee out like that, you just don't.

Per-Johan Thörnberg sounds like a good new name for him.
It was an idiotic move by Paulsson, he could easily take the hit but instead tried getting away from it and thus left him self in a vulnerable position. Too bad he was injured, but it was all on his own.

Old
09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
It was an idiotic move by Paulsson, he could easily take the hit but instead tried getting away from it and thus left him self in a vulnerable position. Too bad he was injured, but it was all on his own.
So Paulsson is to blame that Axelsson kneetackled him? Sometimes you Indians are more blind than usuall..

Old
09-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

He never stuck his knee out, and he did not lead with it. Paulsson himself agreed that Axelsson had a broad stance all the way (which one needs to have when delivering a hit).

It looked completely incidental.

And I agree with KRM btw, the Pikkarainen hit was fine.

Last edited by Systemfel: 09-24-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old
09-24-2010, 05:52 PM
KRM

Quote:
So Paulsson is to blame that Axelsson kneetackled him? Sometimes you Indians are more blind than usuall..
Not his fault that Paulsson is an idiot. Hope he learned a lesson, next time he sees someone coming in for a hit he doesn't chicken out.

I honestly don't think it was worthy of even a minor penalty. And don't call me a homer, just a few posts above I said that Pikkarainen's suspension was ludicrous, so is this one. Pebben leads with the shoulder and has already positioned himself with his shoulder for a hit, then all the sudden Paulsson turns towards him and expose his legs. Dumb decision by Paulsson. Penalties should be handed out by intention, not unlucky effects.

Hope he has a quick recovery.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:56 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Not his fault that Paulsson is an idiot. Hope he learned a lesson, next time he sees someone coming in for a hit he doesn't chicken out.

I honestly don't think it was worthy of even a minor penalty. And don't call me a homer, just a few posts above I said that Pikkarainen's suspension was ludicrous, so is this one. Pebben leads with the shoulder and has already positioned himself with his shoulder for a hit, then all the sudden Paulsson turns towards him and expose his legs. Dumb decision by Paulsson. Penalties should be handed out by intention, not unlucky effects.
Chicken out.. Trying to move away from a hit.. You say potato I say potatoe..It's Axelsson that does lead with the knee, it's Axelsson who had every chance not to let the knee hit and it's Axelsson who is responsible for the injury.

I do call you a homer and it's based on every Frölunda supporter I know, you guys can't stand when someone says something bad about your "goa gubbar".. Well, this time your goe gubbe did something really dirty and if you want to make excuses and blame the guy that got hit, well that's ok with me.. I won't lose sleep over your opinion.

Penalties by intention.. So you think that if i intend to crosscheck you but never do.. I should get a penalty.. Should I get a minor or a major and where did I intend to crosscheck you?

Of course you should look at the situation and what really happend, here, your guy kneetackled someone. I compare the situation with for example Laraques hit on Kronwall or Thörnbergs hit on Dimitrakos.. It was dirty.

Old
09-25-2010, 05:57 AM
KRM

Quote:
Chicken out.. Trying to move away from a hit.. You say potato I say potatoe..It's Axelsson that does lead with the knee, it's Axelsson who had every chance not to let the knee hit and it's Axelsson who is responsible for the injury.

I do call you a homer and it's based on every Frölunda supporter I know, you guys can't stand when someone says something bad about your "goa gubbar".. Well, this time your goe gubbe did something really dirty and if you want to make excuses and blame the guy that got hit, well that's ok with me.. I won't lose sleep over your opinion.

Penalties by intention.. So you think that if i intend to crosscheck you but never do.. I should get a penalty.. Should I get a minor or a major and where did I intend to crosscheck you?

Of course you should look at the situation and what really happend, here, your guy kneetackled someone. I compare the situation with for example Laraques hit on Kronwall or Thörnbergs hit on Dimitrakos.. It was dirty.
Haha, wow. Try to look at it without bias for once, what would've happen if Paulsson had just taken the hit? Absolutely nothing. Contact would have been with the shoulder and you wouldn't remember the hit the next shift.

Instead Paulsson make an idiotic move and expose both of his knees. Risking not only his own but his opponents career in the process. Axelsson has no chance of getting out of the situation once Paulsson turns.

Old
09-25-2010, 07:52 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
That hit was the pure definition of kneeing. Very dirty and tough to defend for any supporter.

Old
09-25-2010, 08:16 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Haha, wow. Try to look at it without bias for once, what would've happen if Paulsson had just taken the hit? Absolutely nothing. Contact would have been with the shoulder and you wouldn't remember the hit the next shift.

Instead Paulsson make an idiotic move and expose both of his knees. Risking not only his own but his opponents career in the process. Axelsson has no chance of getting out of the situation once Paulsson turns.
I am not the one looking at it with bias. I have only seen a few people so far that has defended the action and that has not been Frölunda supporters. I think it's disgusting that you can't see past your colors and see the hit for what everyone else does, a dirty kneetackle. If I had been the one biased, other supporters would agree with your view on the matter, not mine.

The whole idea about that Paulsson is to blame because he is trying to get away from a hit instead of taking the tackle is so stupid I can't even understand how you can try to build an argument on it.

We are done here, you can keep on living in your dreamworld.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:13 PM
KRM

Quote:
I am not the one looking at it with bias. I have only seen a few people so far that has defended the action and that has not been Frölunda supporters. I think it's disgusting that you can't see past your colors and see the hit for what everyone else does, a dirty kneetackle. If I had been the one biased, other supporters would agree with your view on the matter, not mine.

The whole idea about that Paulsson is to blame because he is trying to get away from a hit instead of taking the tackle is so stupid I can't even understand how you can try to build an argument on it.

We are done here, you can keep on living in your dreamworld.
Was the result kneeing? Yes. Intention? HELL NO. It wasn't dirty, only unlucky due to Paulsson's stupidity. He could just as easily have injured Axelsson with that bonehead decision.

I mean come on, just look at it, try to look at it objectively. Axelsson comes in for a shoulder hit, he has already leaned into it when all the sudden Paulsson makes a 90° turn towards him in the last second. Making that turn he put both his and Axelsson's season at stake. It was a dumb move. Every coach will tell you to absorb hits correctly to avoid injuries, Paulsson could have done that but instead try getting away when it was too late.

Closed Thread