HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Guess we pick 3rd

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Hawkalyzer

vCash: 500
Guess we pick 3rd

hmm what to do with it

id say Ovechkin and Malkin are 1 and 2

We dont need a goalie, check
We serioulsy need a stay at home Defensemen, but looking at our future D, would adding someone like Barker really help us? I'd have to see a total scouting report on him to decide that

Olesz would be interesting, but the concussion history worries me a bit

or even trade the pick if the right deal came along...............tho i wouldnt do that personally

your opinions?

Old
04-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Chelios

I say we should take Barker with the pick, or trade down to take him. Olesz`s suncussion history worries me too, and I really don`t think you can have too many good young defenseman.

A defense of McCarthy, Barker, Babchuck, Barinka, Seabrook and Keith could be scary in a few years

Old
04-06-2004, 04:16 PM
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

You can NEVER have too many good defenceman. This shouldn't even be an issue. They will probably take Barker, and I will be glad to see it.

Old
04-06-2004, 05:11 PM
PanthersRule96

TOo bad you guys didn't win. I wanted CHI to pick first over PIT and WAS but that's too bad. Whatever. From what it sounds here, you guys would pick Barker. Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin would/should go top 3.

FLA holds the #7 pick in the draft. If you were to trade the pick, then at #7 you would probably be able to pick one of Schremp, WOlski, or TUKONEN (Finnish, could develop well with Ruutu). FLA is in need of a forward in Olesz, so, whether you guys would consider trading or not, there will be some offers.

From FLA, Nedorost, Horton, Stewart, Weiss, Bouwmeester, and Krajicek are all untouchable, but we hold 2 second rounders. Taticek and Kreps, both good prospects, could be dealt as well.

TO CHI
#7 overall, 2nd rounder, Petr Taticek or Kamil Kreps

for

#3 overall

Thoughts

Old
04-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Hawkalyzer

no more 2nd rounders, we need top quality players, and we do have enough in the 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds

so id decline, not that i think 7th is bad, but id prefer to go top level in this draft

Old
04-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
TOo bad you guys didn't win. I wanted CHI to pick first over PIT and WAS but that's too bad. Whatever. From what it sounds here, you guys would pick Barker. Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin would/should go top 3.

FLA holds the #7 pick in the draft. If you were to trade the pick, then at #7 you would probably be able to pick one of Schremp, WOlski, or TUKONEN (Finnish, could develop well with Ruutu). FLA is in need of a forward in Olesz, so, whether you guys would consider trading or not, there will be some offers.

From FLA, Nedorost, Horton, Stewart, Weiss, Bouwmeester, and Krajicek are all untouchable, but we hold 2 second rounders. Taticek and Kreps, both good prospects, could be dealt as well.

TO CHI

for

#3 overall

Thoughts
Just wanted to add Luongo's name to the list of untouchables.

Actually, there are a few more, but I think you guys know what is reasonable. I think this offer is good for both teams, but I am biased toward the Panthers of course.

What do you guys think?

Old
04-06-2004, 07:46 PM
PanthersRule96

I thought this over but I don't know if I'd actually do it from FLA's standpoint.

Krajicek and #7

for

#3 and Nichol

Old
04-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
I thought this over but I don't know if I'd actually do it from FLA's standpoint.

Krajicek and #7

for

#3 and Nichol
From a Panthers POV, I wouldn't do this. Krajicek is a real good prospect who will probably be our #2 dman at some point and PP quarterback.

Old
04-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Wally112pac

Any chance the Hawks could land Sami Lepisto with the 31st pick?

My fingers are crossed.

Old
04-07-2004, 03:13 AM
leafaholix*

This is a lot like the situation the Toronto Raptors were in last year at the NBA draft. The top 3 selections were very clear (James, Milicic, and Anthony), so the Raptors basically had the #1 pick considering they could have any other prospect in the world... excluding of course the consensus top 3 picks.

It's a good situation to be in... think positive if you're a Hawks fan.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
Any chance the Hawks could land Sami Lepisto with the 31st pick?

My fingers are crossed.
If you're lucky some of highly regarded swedish d-men Oscar Hedman or Johan Fransson is avaliable. They have done really good seasons in Sweden this season, especially Fransson, but he probably won't be left out when it comes to the 31st pick.

Old
04-25-2004, 04:00 AM
Loki_46

Quote:

TO CHI

for

#3 overall

Thoughts

that would be a real coup for the fla team. the hawks management are stupid, but not that dump.

Closed Thread