HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

tsn draft predictions up

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2004, 04:01 PM
  #1
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
tsn draft predictions up

They are usually pretty accurate. Lots of surprises. They have A.J. Thelen rated 23rd, Adam Pineault about 35th. T.J. Hensick is not listed in the top 40. I'd love to see the Habs get one of those three. Jesse Schultz is rated in the 30's as well.

db23 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 05:25 PM
  #2
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Cayouche5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 587
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=9157
you talk about this ?
Where do you see rankings they didn't rank the players they just throw some names with comments.

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 05:29 PM
  #3
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=9157
you talk about this ?
Where do you see rankings they didn't rank the players they just throw some names with comments.
Ya, i think thats what hes talking about.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 05:45 PM
  #4
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Roman Voloshenko...don't know much about him but he's 6-6 220lbs. That's a great size and he was one of the best player at the under 18 5 nation tournemant with 2g and 5a for 7 point. Maybe we could trade our 1st pick and something else for a late 1st pick and a mid second...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:18 PM
  #5
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=9157
you talk about this ?
Where do you see rankings they didn't rank the players they just throw some names with comments.
Well when they start off with Ovechkin, Malkin, Radulov, Olesz, and Barker as the top 5 did you think they were placing them alphabetically?


Last edited by Mathieu Lavergne: 04-06-2004 at 10:42 PM.
db23 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:22 PM
  #6
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Schremp, Picard and Wolski are all much lower than I thought....then again I don't know much abot prospects.

Looking at those players, I think Voloshenko or Valabik would be good picks when the habs come to pick...Montreal(the poster)?

felixd is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
  #7
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Cayouche5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Well when they start off with Ovechkin, Malkin, Radulov, Olesz, and Barker as the top 5 did you think they were placing them alphabetically?
No this is not their list , not when Sindel is over Ladd Schremp Wolski ...and Not when Lauri Korpikoski is over Wes O'neil


Last edited by Mathieu Lavergne: 04-06-2004 at 10:43 PM.
Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
  #8
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
No this is not their list , not when Sindel is over Ladd Schremp Wolski ...and Not when Lauri Korpikoski is over Wes O'neil
Sindel scored 26 points in the Czech Elite League. More than Olesz.
Korpikoski was the outstanding player at the U18 tournament. Redline put him in their top 10 prospects afterwards. Wes O'Neil did very little as an NCAA freshman. Ladd, Schremp, and Wolski are point a game players in the CHL. Nothing remarkable about that.

db23 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:36 PM
  #9
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Cayouche5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Sindel scored 26 points in the Czech Elite League. More than Olesz.
Korpikoski was the outstanding player at the U18 tournament. Redline put him in their top 10 prospects afterwards. Wes O'Neil did very little as an NCAA freshman. Ladd, Schremp, and Wolski are point a game players in the CHL. Nothing remarkable about that.
So what, Corey Locke scores 50 points and + more than Eric Staal last year, his he a better player ?

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:44 PM
  #10
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
It seems pretty obvious to me that they have placed the players in some approximation of where they think they will be drafted. If you can't comprehend that, it's your problem not mine.

db23 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:45 PM
  #11
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Cayouche5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
It seems pretty obvious to me that they have placed the players in some approximation of where they think they will be drafted. If you can't comprehend that, it's your problem not mine.
well i say they opposite so it's not my problem either

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:21 PM
  #12
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,509
vCash: 500
Don't worry sebi, db23 does this everyday. He thinks he knows everything better and whenever someone has a different opinion he blasts them. He gets under peoples' skin all the time.


not quite yoda is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 11:45 PM
  #13
MontrealCruiser_83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
any chance we get our hands on Ladd... seems like the possible PF we need in our system

71 GP

30 Goals
45 Assists

+39

119 PIM

Listed as 6'2 199...

I'm interested lol

MontrealCruiser_83* is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 12:54 AM
  #14
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCruiser_83
I'm interested lol
I'm willing to bet an old $2 that more than one team drafting ahead of us feels the exact same way. No way Ladd falls to the 18th spot. If we want him, we need to move up IMO.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 01:24 AM
  #15
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
It's crazy how I don't know the prospects for the 04 draft after Barker, Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin. Even then I don't know much about them. Last year I was thinking about the draft about 6-7 months before the end of the season. Now that the habs are doing well and going into the playoffs I really don't care as much about the upcoming draft.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 01:35 AM
  #16
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
It's crazy how I don't know the prospects for the 04 draft after Barker, Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin. Even then I don't know much about them. Last year I was thinking about the draft about 6-7 months before the end of the season. Now that the habs are doing well and going into the playoffs I really don't care as much about the upcoming draft.
Same here pretty much. Well I do follow, but much less closely than I did last year. Plus adding to the fact the Habs are doing well, it gets old to only think about piling up prospects. We already have a great deal of great ones that will likely pan out in the next year or two.

There's always that unanswered call for that long awaited PF (Ladd? Stafford? Tukonen? Pineault? Bickell?). But even if we finally draft him, chances are he won't be ready until 2-3 years, so who gives really.

So this year, I plan to enjoy the playoffs (all of them) and start getting a more in depth look at the prospects when it's all done (afterall, that might be the only NHL hockey we'll get to see for a long time ).

Munchausen is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 02:59 AM
  #17
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
So this year, I plan to enjoy the playoffs (all of them) and start getting a more in depth look at the prospects when it's all done (afterall, that might be the only NHL hockey we'll get to see for a long time ).
I prefer not to think about that. It's gonna get crazy in here in october if there's no hockey...

Habsolution is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.