HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should get the 6 spot?

View Poll Results: Who should get the #6 d-man spot?
Syvret 55 64.71%
OKT 27 31.76%
Other 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Who should get the 6 spot?

Now that the infamous Randy Jones is gone, who deserves the sixth spot? Syvret or OKT? Or perhaps another player? What do you think?

Personally, I'm rooting for Syvret. Parent-Syvret seems like a nice mix of defensive shut-down ability (Parent) and offensive punch (Syvret). It would also allow both players to mature and adapt to the game together.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 09-26-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
ShortBus

I vote Syvret

ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 09:39 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Randy Jones after we trade some pick for him, from whomever claims him off waivers.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Randy Jones after we trade some pick for him, from whomever claims him off waivers.
Do we have a number two to give up for him?

... I vote Syvret, BTW.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 11:27 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 1448
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Syvret

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 11:31 PM
PhilaFlyers

Definitely give Syvret a chance.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 12:05 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
i vote OKT but i think we will be ok either way. they are both better than jones.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 12:12 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Do we have a number two to give up for him?

I think we still have 2020's 2nd.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:51 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I went with Syvret as well. He's looked real good so far and plays within his capabilities. OKT hasn't been too bad either, but he hasn't been great. There's been a few times OKT has been out of position to make the big hit. He's been in the league for a few seasons now and should know that he needs to start picking his spots better for making big hits.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 04:15 AM
CptCannon

Syvret, but OKT against tougher teams.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Tollefsen said he wouldn't mind starting as 7th, he wants to go easy on his knee, it's not 100% yet after surgery. So we'll see what happens.

But Panaccio has now fixed his writing to the correct version, this as planned from the day OKT was signed:

Quote:
It’s no secret the Flyers want to sign Blair Betts to a contract. They also want to add James van Riemsdyk and/or Mika Pyorala to the roster. Additionally, they want to move Ole-Kristian Tollefsen up on the depth chart from seventh defenseman to sixth to replace Jones.
I can't believe why so many of you want Syvret on 6th, he's an inexperienced kid who needs to take one step at the time, he's lucky if he makes the team as 7th. He's a pretty good puck-mover, and I'm sure he'll help us sooner or later. But Holmgren doesn't want another puck-mover on the blueline, he wants more toughness. That's why he signed OKT, and that's why he's 6th.

But you probably still don't understand this

Last edited by Wolfy*: 09-27-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I can't believe why so many of you want Syvret on 6th, he's an inexperienced kid who needs to take one step at the time, he's lucky if he makes the team as 7th. He's a pretty good puck-mover, and I'm sure he'll help us sooner or later. But Holmgren doesn't want another puck-mover on the blueline, he wants more toughness. That's why he signed OKT, and that's why he's 6th.

Why can't you believe it? Flyers do not have anyone else that can step up. Syvret is our ONLY option because he did outplay Tollefsen. No one else is NHL ready.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Why can't you believe it? Flyers do not have anyone else that can step up. Syvret is our ONLY option because he did outplay Tollefsen. No one else is NHL ready.
So a guy with four NHL seasons on his stats is not NHL ready?

You shouldn't compare these two anyway, because they play a completely different style of hockey. One is an offensive puck-mover, the other is a physical defensive player. And Holmgren wants the last one as 6th.

Old
09-27-2009, 09:33 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Tollefsen said he wouldn't mind starting as 7th, he wants to go easy on his knee, it's not 100% yet after surgery. So we'll see what happens.

But Panaccio has now fixed his writing to the correct version, this as planned from the day OKT was signed:

because its not really about okt or syvret its about parent. parents still a developing player and hes going to need somebody to come in and give him a break. preferably a reliable veteran guy who can bring some added toughness.

syvret is a puckmover who compliments parents defensive style and will produce a balanced pairing but hes also a young guy and will need to be spelled over a long season. hes still sort of an unknown commodity and thats the last thing you want in your 7 guy

keeping okt in the seven gives us the versatility to ice both a shutdown pairing in okt/parent and a balanced pairing in syvret/okt. rotating him in for both players as the go-to guy on defense.the extended rest will allow him to make an impact when he comes in bringing the heavy collision aggressive style hes known for.

and if tolly can catch crosby with his head down hell be my new favorite player.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:

We get it. You're friends with OKT, you fancy yourself as having an inside track on the situation and you think he should/will be the 6th guy. That's great, and you may be 100% correct. That doesn't mean you should talk down to people for posting their opinion. Particularly since the thread solicited their opinions (Who deserves the sixth spot?...What do you think?) and not their guess at what Paul Holmgren's plans are.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 10:21 AM
ChrisM

Send a message via MSN to ChrisM
I got too watch Danny play for Canada at the World Juniors, I got too see him at his best. If he can play like he did at that tournament, then hands down Danny Syvret should be #6.

ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
GirouxRocks

i think syvret deserves the spot more than anyone because he's had to work hard for it he also had a great game against the devils yesterday 6 shots on goal for him

GirouxRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
We get it. You're friends with OKT, you fancy yourself as having an inside track on the situation and you think he should/will be the 6th guy. That's great, and you may be 100% correct. That doesn't mean you should talk down to people for posting their opinion. Particularly since the thread solicited their opinions (Who deserves the sixth spot?...What do you think?) and not their guess at what Paul Holmgren's plans are.
By all means...let's have your opinions

Anyway, I think all 7 Ds will get plenty of icetime down the road,
we know that a season will not be completed without injury.

And captainpaxil, your post makes sense, rotating them is probably something they have in mind.

Old
09-27-2009, 11:09 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I think it will be split between Syvret and OKT depending on what kind of team we are playing

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
By all means...let's have your opinions
I would have them splitting time, but give the first start of the season to Syvret. He has been in the organization longer and has played very well this preseason.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
So a guy with four NHL seasons on his stats is not NHL ready?
Tollefsen has been outplayed by Syvret thus far. Tollefsen has been and is a life-time 7th d-man.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Tollefsen has been outplayed by Syvret thus far. Tollefsen has been and is a life-time 7th d-man.
He's more like a 6 and a half. Because he will get games in, even with everyone healthy. We will play him vs Bigger teams where we could use the muscle

Old
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
He's more like a 6 and a half. Because he will get games in, even with everyone healthy. We will play him vs Bigger teams where we could use the muscle
6.5 rounded up is 7. =P

Old
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
6.5 rounded up is 7. =P
I just mean a number 7 truly doesnt get in unless one of the top 6 are injured. OKT will get games in when everyone is healthy, so hes not quite a 6 not quite a 7

Old
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
I just mean a number 7 truly doesnt get in unless one of the top 6 are injured. OKT will get games in when everyone is healthy, so hes not quite a 6 not quite a 7
I was joking. Usually when I type this:

=P

I'm not being serious.