HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic rivalry is just getting going

Old
09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
KapG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by despotic View Post
Orr would destroy Lucic. Have you noticed how Lucic doesn't fight heavyweights? It's for a good reason ...
because thornton(sp?) does?

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Orr would destroy Lucic. Have you noticed how Lucic doesn't fight heavyweights? It's for a good reason ...
So what if Lucic/ORR fought some of the same people over their careers, does that mean lucic HAS fought heavies or does it mean that Orr likes to fight smaller guys

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:40 PM
despotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
So what if Lucic/ORR fought some of the same people over their careers, does that mean lucic HAS fought heavies or does it mean that Orr likes to fight smaller guys
lol! is that the best you can come up with? i guess Orr would look tougher if he declines fighting the smaller guys . When Lucic fights the likes of Brashear, Laraque, Belak, then you'd have a point.

I don't know why people take offense when someone says a decent heavyweight will destroy Lucic. Jeez ... the fact that they are not in the same weight class doesn't make him less of a fighter. acting as if he'd have a chance against Orr is pure nuthuggery ... sorry, but it's true. Lucic knows that and that's why we won't be seeing him fighting Orr ... ever. It will be Lucic running away from Orr just like he was doing with Laraque ...

despotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
lol! is that the best you can come up with? i guess Orr would look tougher if he declines fighting the smaller guys . When Lucic fights the likes of Brashear, Laraque, Belak, then you'd have a point.

I don't know why people take offense when someone says a decent heavyweight will destroy Lucic. Jeez ... the fact that they are not in the same weight class doesn't make him less of a fighter. acting as if he'd have a chance against Orr is pure nuthuggery ... sorry, but it's true. Lucic knows that and that's why we won't be seeing him fighting Orr ... ever. It will be Lucic running away from Orr just like he was doing with Laraque ...
Quote:
IS he a super heavy, of course not.
First thing, the comment was a light hearted comment with the intent of humor. Sorry if it was complex.

The fact that someone would think Lucic would have a "chance" is nut huggery? That comment seems more Nut Huggery

chance n.
Definition - Look it up.

Fact is,
Lucic 6'4 & 220lbs
Orr 6'3 & 222lbs

Yes The likelyhood that lucic will NOT fight Orr is high, but i believe it has to do more with the fact Lucic means more to his team than Orr does to the leafs, and thats not "Nutt Huggery" thats truth.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
despotic

Quote:
First thing, the comment was a light hearted comment with the intent of humor. Sorry if it was complex.

The fact that someone would think Lucic would have a "chance" is nut huggery? That comment seems more Nut Huggery

chance n.
Definition - Look it up.

Fact is,
Lucic 6'4 & 220lbs
Orr 6'3 & 222lbs

Yes The likelyhood that lucic will NOT fight Orr is high, but i believe it has to do more with the fact Lucic means more to his team than Orr does to the leafs, and thats not "Nutt Huggery" thats truth.
Fact: Lucic hasn't fought a single decent heavyweight. And please, enough with the silliness that he is "so valuable" to the team that he can't do that .. I guess Chara is less valuable since he has fought the likes of Laraque and Brashear ...

And hmm ... if Lucic and Orr are in the same weight class, it really speaks volumes that you think he will "NOT" fight Orr

Old
09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Fact: Lucic hasn't fought a single decent heavyweight. And please, enough with the silliness that he is "so valuable" to the team that he can't do that .. I guess Chara is less valuable since he has fought the likes of Laraque and Brashear ...

And hmm ... if Lucic and Orr are in the same weight class, it really speaks volumes that you think he will "NOT" fight Orr
Fact: Raitis Ivanans is a Super Heavyweight. He fought him to a draw, or about a draw.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
Personally, I think Beauchemin could do well against Lucic.

He took on Iginla, and looked great. Beauchemin is a beast!
Haha Iginla?

Iginla could of faught himself and lost, Beauch hasn't proven he's a fighter.

And as much as I'd like to believe it, Mike can't take Milan.

I think Orr could do well though.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Semin

I think Grabovski just cold****'s Lucic.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Fact: Lucic hasn't fought a single decent heavyweight
Your right, and the fact that Orr has lost to every heavy that you brag about him fighting is something to be proud of, losing to a heavy doesn't make you a heavy, it makes you a ...... loser

Quote:
than you ever got out of em. So yes, him not fighting orr because he knows how to be more than a tripod is fact.

Old
09-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

Where's that guy who questioned Rosehill making the team?

09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
despotic

Quote:
Your right, and the fact that Orr has lost to every heavy that you brag about him fighting is something to be proud of, losing to a heavy doesn't make you a heavy, it makes you a ...... loser
Heh .... I guess running from them makes Lucic the better fighter
Besides, he hasn't lost all of them. Yes, he has lost more than 50% of those fights, but again, he is not at the level of a Laraque, Brashear, or Belak .. but at least has fought them and won a few.
Lucic on the other hand ... well ... there's really nothing to say .. hasn't fought anyone of any merit ... Orr included

Quote:
than you ever got out of em. So yes, him not fighting orr because he knows how to be more than a tripod is fact.
Yeah ... Lucic >>> Chara ... I guess one is more valuable than the other to sit 5 mins in the box

Old
09-29-2009, 05:36 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Heh .... I guess running from them makes Lucic the better fighter
You call it running, I call it being talented AND scoring with a goon trying to keep up, IF your talking about laraque.
(by the way, Coaches orders on a 20yo kid)
Quote:
Besides, he hasn't lost all of them. Yes, he has lost more than 50% of those fights, but again,
No he hasn't lost all of em, Just the ones against the players your trying to brag about him fighting.
Quote:
he is not at the level of a Laraque, Brashear, or Belak
So if Orr's not in on those guys level, and those guys level is "Heavy", what level is he on? A goon whos not a goon? Or a bad goon? lol
Quote:
.. but at least has fought them and won a few.
I never said he wasn't a good banger, Hell i never said that he couldn't beat Lucic...but if his SOLE job is to be a bruiser, winning a few is mediocre No?

Quote:
Lucic on the other hand ... well ... there's really nothing to say .. hasn't fought anyone of any merit ... Orr included
Nor does he have too, when he's confronted he goes, but his main job is to be/grow into a talented power forward.

Please bring up Laraque up again, because it makes the arguement sound quite silly. Laraque was put on there to "shadow" lucic, lucic received direct orders to "NOT" go with laraque from his coach. Not only did it keep laraque on the ice for more minutes than he ever played before, but lucic also scored WHILE laraque was on the ice...
Julien = Genius, Lucic = Disciplined, and the habs were the joke of Canada the next day in the paper. Guy Carbonneau got slaughtered in the media for the embarrassment. I pray to god, Toronto tries the same.

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Yeah ... Lucic >>> Chara ... I guess one is more valuable than the other to sit 5 mins in the box
The funny part is, The one time lucic decides he's not going to go with someone who's asking him to go, is also the same time when his coach was demanding that he NOT fight that person.

If chara or any other non-tripod was told by their coach specifically NOT to go with someone, any good talented player worth a damn would have ignored BGL too...

You really thing if BGL, ORR, Brashear grabbed ahold of lucic that lucic is just going to pull a Komisarek and turtle into his jersey?
honestly?

Old
09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
KapG

Quote:
You call it running, I call it being talented AND scoring with a goon trying to keep up, IF your talking about laraque.
(by the way, Coaches orders on a 20yo kid)

No he hasn't lost all of em, Just the ones against the players your trying to brag about him fighting.

So if Orr's not in on those guys level, and those guys level is "Heavy", what level is he on? A goon whos not a goon? Or a bad goon? lol

I never said he wasn't a good banger, Hell i never said that he couldn't beat Lucic...but if his SOLE job is to be a bruiser, winning a few is mediocre No?

Nor does he have too, when he's confronted he goes, but his main job is to be/grow into a talented power forward.

Please bring up Laraque up again, because it makes the arguement sound quite silly. Laraque was put on there to "shadow" lucic, lucic received direct orders to "NOT" go with laraque from his coach. Not only did it keep laraque on the ice for more minutes than he ever played before, but lucic also scored WHILE laraque was on the ice...
Julien = Genius, Lucic = Disciplined, and the habs were the joke of Canada the next day in the paper. Guy Carbonneau got slaughtered in the media for the embarrassment. I pray to god, Toronto tries the same.
The funny part is, The one time lucic decides he's not going to go with someone who's asking him to go, is also the same time when his coach was demanding that he NOT fight that person.

If chara or any other non-tripod was told by their coach specifically NOT to go with someone, any good talented player worth a damn would have ignored BGL too...

You really thing if BGL, ORR, Brashear grabbed ahold of lucic that lucic is just going to pull a Komisarek and turtle into his jersey?
honestly?[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat any of this. As a leaf fan I can tell you that if he was in the blue and white all these people in here commenting on Lucic in a negative way would be all over his nuts

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies

If Orr loses, he gets up, smiles, goes to the box, and goes out for more, usually winning the next one, thats what makes him one of the best heavyweights in the league, you win some like a man (knocks someone out like Fedoruk and skates away with no taunting)And he loses like a man, Laraque or Brashear knocked Orr, and he just got up smiled, went to the box like a man and went out and pkayed hard, and won his next fight

MrPiff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Sure, role players are just as necessary in the Olympics as they are in the NHL. He wasn't competing with guys like Savard and Spezza for a spot because he would accept a 4th line role and do what needs to be done and they wouldn't. Not that Lucic will necessarily be there.
Surely you see the massive difference between being a "role player" on Team Canada at the Olympics and "almost a goon" in the NHL?

If you can't, then there's really no discussion to be had here, but let me assure you, the difference is like night and day. To call Lucic "almost a goon" is essentially the same thing as saying "I don't really follow the NHL"

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 06:23 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
I agree wtih you that it's for a good reason. Claude Julien deems him to valuable to be out on the ice tangling with heavy weights and has, in the past, specifically instructed him *not* to fight with these players. Essentially, Julien feels he's too important to the teams success on the ice to be sitting in the penalty box all in the name of building a reputation as one of the leagues top fighters. Julien would prefer he build a repuation as one of the leagues best power forwards instead. And thats the path he's on right now. (For the record, I totally agree with Julien, as much as I was frustrated to see him turn down Laraque over and over again last year.)

Whether or not he would be "destroyed" (or even beaten) by Colton Orr is unknown. He fought Ratias Ivanans, a pretty tough customer, to a draw. As a hockey fan, I'd love to see Lucic and Orr (or Lucic and Laraque, for that matter) fight. But I'm not gonna pretend to know how those fights would go. I will say this, Lucic is a tough son of a ***** and his punches are like absolute bombs. I'd love to see him getting man-handled, obviously, cause as a fan of the Canadiens, the Bruins are easily our number one rival and he's been a thorn in the side of the team since he came into the league.

But if I want to be objective and realistic, I think there's a more then decent chance he could hold his own or defeat some of the "heavy weights" in the league.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Surely you see the massive difference between being a "role player" on Team Canada at the Olympics and "almost a goon" in the NHL?

If you can't, then there's really no discussion to be had here, but let me assure you, the difference is like night and day. To call Lucic "almost a goon" is essentially the same thing as saying "I don't really follow the NHL"
If I thought that you had a clue then maybe I would take offence to that statement.

Fans of his own team and you revel in how Lucic can beat guys up so you all must agree that he is a sort of a goon since that is what goons do.

Run along now.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
I agree wtih you that it's for a good reason. Claude Julien deems him to valuable to be out on the ice tangling with heavy weights and has, in the past, specifically instructed him *not* to fight with these players. Essentially, Julien feels he's too important to the teams success on the ice to be sitting in the penalty box all in the name of building a reputation as one of the leagues top fighters. Julien would prefer he build a repuation as one of the leagues best power forwards instead. And thats the path he's on right now. (For the record, I totally agree with Julien, as much as I was frustrated to see him turn down Laraque over and over again last year.)

Whether or not he would be "destroyed" (or even beaten) by Colton Orr is unknown. He fought Ratias Ivanans, a pretty tough customer, to a draw. As a hockey fan, I'd love to see Lucic and Orr (or Lucic and Laraque, for that matter) fight. But I'm not gonna pretend to know how those fights would go. I will say this, Lucic is a tough son of a ***** and his punches are like absolute bombs. I'd love to see him getting man-handled, obviously, cause as a fan of the Canadiens, the Bruins are easily our number one rival and he's been a thorn in the side of the team since he came into the league.

But if I want to be objective and realistic, I think there's a more then decent chance he could hold his own or defeat some of the "heavy weights" in the league.
thats about as objective as I have ever seen a habs fan.