HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Will Qunital surprise?

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Will Qunital surprise?

I think so. Think about it--

1. He is well rested
2. Its his last season (most likely as a full time roster player)
3. May be his last season as a hab

Do you guys remember when we clinched the playoffs, the guy went balistic. He was so happy to be going to the playoffs, but more importantly so happy to be going to the playoffs as a Hab!
This guy, eats, sleeps and breathes, Habs.

For these reasons i think Quintal has saved his best performance for the playoffs. He will be a warrior imo.

Now i know that he is old, but he is one of those vets that has the ability to squeeze out more from himself, kinda like dougie in 2002. There are vets (Mckay) who just dont give a crap, but Quintal is different. He is a team guy, that will take one for the team. Just the other night he jumped in when Souray was being atacked against Buf.

Now i know Komesarek should be playing, but experience is something he does not have. Komi will get his chance, and most likely next season. Quintal will be needed for the playoffs, espicially when you consider the fact that only 8 guys including himself have actuall playoff experience on the habs.

Quintal will and must play imo, and will be a force.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:59 PM
RaTcine

I totally agree with you.

I still think Komisarek might play a game vs the Bruins, and I bet that he's gonna play very solid and in an aggressive way..

For myself, I think WARD is gonna have a great serie, he'll probably play with Begin and both of them are gonna be everywhere disturbing the B's.

Ward played an excellent end of season and I really liked what I saw from him...
BIG HITS

Old
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Mooch

Oh i agree that Komi should be playing, but i do not think he should be replacing Quintal. We need his experience.

Old
04-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Mooch

Oops, i just noticed i spelled his name wrong in the thread title

Qunital

Old
04-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I think so. Think about it--
For me, the nicest surprise would be if Quintal was in the pressbox and Komisarek was playing.

Oh sure, I know it's impossible, and to be fair (fair?!?!), Quintal is at least less of a liability against the Bruins than against most teams. As long as they keep him away from the Samsonov line... well... <ponder, ponder>, actually, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to have Quintal's non-crease-clearing-useless-presence out there when Knuble or Murray or Green are crashing the net either. Best he can offer in those situations is to put some leather in their faces after the whistle.

Nossir, I think I'd be happiest to see Quintal come running down to the bench in civvies with his big dumb-ass grin to celebrate the success the team is more likely to achieve with Komisarek in the lineup.

If Quintal ever had a day, it has passed.

But of course, that's just me. He'll play.

Closed Thread