HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kyle Calder and Jassen Cullimore

Old
09-27-2009, 01:40 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Kyle Calder and Jassen Cullimore

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=292730

Ducks released Kyle Calder and Jassen Cullimore to waivers today. I am more amped on Calder. He is only 30 years of age and has had some pretty good seasons in the past offensively.

in 2005-2006 he had 59 points in 79 games (26 goals)

With Detroit in 06-07 he had 14 points in 19 games.

I am not saying that this is our solution to our top 6 forward problem, but Calder may look good in a Preds uniform. He had an off year last season, but he is only 30 and could rebound from that. I imagine he could be had for under a million as well on a one or two year deal. Even if he doesn't play top two lines, he could look real good with Ward and Jones, or possibly Wilson.

Also, Cullimore would be a nice veteran presence we need on the blueline. Well since Bouillon seems to be here to stay unfortunately I do not think he will look at Cullimore.

Is Bouillon looked in now for sure??? I mean Cullimore would be a mean presence on our blueline and is almost a foot taller than Bouillon (like defensemen should be), he is 6'5'' 235 pounds! I imagine he could be had for the same as Bouillon on a one year contract.

I expect to see alot more players put on waivers in the very near future, but these two are still tough to pass on. I think Calder is more realistic because of the Bouillon situation

Lets see what happens with the waiver wire!!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

You need a dedicated thread, titled "lightning_legwand's random thought of the day" where all your threads can be contained. You don't need to make a new thread every time you get a thought in your head!

Cullimore - hell no
Calder - meh. no thanks

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

God I wish there was an ignore threads created by poster feature.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
God I wish there was an ignore threads created by poster feature.
Do you see that little x button next to every thread title? That's what that's for.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:17 PM
lightning_legwand*

dont worry about it, you wont see me around here for a while.
I just try to make a simple post. If anyone else on this board had of posted that, they would have got serious replies, you guys are here to harp on me and not take me serious. Its a good question, why not pick up Calder???

Whatever, have fun talking about our amazing Bouillon signings!! and our amazing Phil Kessel deals!! and the cheapest team in the NHL.

I am a voice of reason, you have all just accepted nashville as a team that is just in the NHL but will never do *****

PEACE FOR A WHILE!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Whatever, have fun talking about our amazing Bouillon signings!! and our amazing Phil Kessel deals!! and the cheapest team in the NHL.

I am a voice of reason, you have all just accepted nashville as a team that is just in the NHL but will never do *****

PEACE FOR A WHILE!
No, YOU don't understand that we aren't going to consider EVERY SINGLE FREE AGENT AND MEDIOCORE PLAYER that gets put on WAIVERS. Yes we tried trading for Kessel but we weren't going to sign him to a $25 million contract, and yes we signed Bouillon because we needed a veteran presence.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
dont worry about it, you wont see me around here for a while.
I just try to make a simple post. If anyone else on this board had of posted that, they would have got serious replies
...probably because they would have been in relevant threads, rather than hopping out on their own threads all the time. Seriously, even when you have good points, your posting habits can be rather infuriating to folks.

Quote:
I thought this was the Preds board, not the Isles board.

Quote:
I am a voice of reason
I wonder how many laughs this one inspired...

You're a differing voice. That's not quite the same thing. There's ways to pull that off without being infuriatingly annoying, but so far you've not managed to do it, unfortunately.

Quote:
, you have all just accepted nashville as a team that is just in the NHL but will never do *****
That would be fantastic for my Jackets if that were actually true. If only!

Honestly, we got to see this same sort of "we'll never amount to anything" mishegaas all the time (especially after the Brad Richards nondeal), and it was just about as unfounded and silly.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Whatever, have fun talking about our amazing Bouillon signings!! and our amazing Phil Kessel deals!! and the cheapest team in the NHL.I am a voice of reason, you have all just accepted nashville as a team that is just in the NHL but will never do *****PEACE FOR A WHILE!
L-L seriously? Be upset all you want about not getting Kessel, I am too. But MOVE ON! We signed Bouillon, MOVE ON! We are not in a Detriot, Boston, San Jose, Chicago, Montreal, etc market, MOVE ON. If you dont like the fact that we dont/cant sign huge contracts or havent signed players that you think we should, MOVE ON. Cheer for another team. It wont hurt my feelings. Then you can rub it in our faces when get beat by them cause they have who you want.

We will never do what? Not sure what all those stars meant. But we will be back in the playoffs and will be in cup contentions within the next few years. And if not I will still cheer for them cause thats what every other TRUE Preds fan will do.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Roger Explosion

Kyle Calder and Jassen Cullimore are players we want to stay away from, why do you think they have been released?

Last edited by Roger Explosion: 09-27-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Do you see that little x button next to every thread title? That's what that's for.
Even with your sarcastic, condesending ways, you are a useful little bugger.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote