HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UPDATE:Sergei Kostitsyn doesn't report to Hamilton/Requests trade

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Pretty sad to see it coming to this. He has all the talent in the world to be a top 6 player. But proof that talent alone will never be enough. While I don't necessarily disagree with this demotion, I believe this is harsher than what it could have been. What's the point in being the only guy sent down prior to the get together trip? First, I expected the cuts to happened prior to the trip, what's the idea of having all of those guys together? Shouldn't it be solely the 23 players that will start the year? And if not, what's the point in not having Sergei over there? If you want to cut him fine. But do it like everybody else.

I really hope they did their homework. I still beleive that this kid has some value at least in 2 cities.....Chicago and Edmonton (totally I guess but Gagner and Kane had great comments about Sergei even off the ice) So, let's hope he's not going to KHL his way as well like Perez did. Another guy I thought would have some value if he would have been used properly......

We are losing so many guys for absolutely nothing in return....

Old
09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I think it's just a (loud) minority.
So it seems...I simply love absolutes.

HE SUCKS! <---------------> HE IS TEH BESTEZ!!!

Old
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty sad to see it coming to this. He has all the talent in the world to be a top 6 player. But proof that talent alone will never be enough. While I don't necessarily disagree with this demotion, I believe this is harsher than what it could have been. What's the point in being the only guy sent down prior to the get together trip? First, I expected the cuts to happened prior to the trip, what's the idea of having all of those guys together? Shouldn't it be solely the 23 players that will start the year? And if not, what's the point in not having Sergei over there? If you want to cut him fine. But do it like everybody else.

I really hope they did their homework. I still beleive that this kid has some value at least in 2 cities.....Chicago and Edmonton (totally I guess but Gagner and Kane had great comments about Sergei even off the ice) So, let's hope he's not going to KHL his way as well like Perez did. Another guy I thought would have some value if he would have been used properly......

I'm not even close to being ready to jump the boat on him just yet. I think Martin is simply trying to make an impression that he means business.

That move alone should wake up his Sergei, Andrei, Latendresse and Pacioretty. Necessary move, but let's see how things go on from here.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
number 11

good move, he'll be back im sure.

now if only martin had the guts to send latendresse down too.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Stradale

Sergei just came back from his bad injury. Played 2 only two preseason games. Sending him to the ahl was the best thing for Sergei to find his game back but of course, the hater will be draw to the conclusion that he was a cancer, have attitude problem and is still selling drugs thats why he was send down.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Really? I thought that our new players, Halak and O'Byrne in particular figured quite well...
Maybe I was too precise in the sense you used the word impress.
I wasn't impressed by our new players. I think they had a good overall camp, but nothing impressive. At their cost, they'll need to do more to impress me.

O'Byrne really is the only one that impressed me even though I predicted him to be this year's surprise and most improved player. You can make a case for Halak as well.

As foolish as it may sound, Neilson impressed me a lot by fighting as much as he did. I'm sure that pleased you as well.

All in all, like I said, not too many players were impressive.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm not even close to being ready to jump the boat on him just yet. I think Martin is simply trying to make an impression that he means business.

That move alone should wake up his Sergei, Andrei, Latendresse and Pacioretty. Necessary move, but let's see how things go on from here.
I had in mind that it was close of being over, but you're right, it can still work out positively as far as coming back and being better. But I have my doubts.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Maybe I was too precise in the sense you used the word impress.
I wasn't impressed by our new players. I think they had a good overall camp, but nothing impressive. At their cost, they'll need to do more to impress me.

O'Byrne really is the only one that impressed me even though I predicted him to be this year's surprise and most improved player. You can make a case for Halak as well.

As foolish as it may sound, Neilson impressed me a lot by fighting as much as he did. I'm sure that pleased you as well.

All in all, like I said, not too many players were impressive.
Gionta didn't exactly have a bad camp...

Old
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Pretty sad to see it coming to this. He has all the talent in the world to be a top 6 player. But proof that talent alone will never be enough. While I don't necessarily disagree with this demotion, I believe this is harsher than what it could have been. What's the point in being the only guy sent down prior to the get together trip? First, I expected the cuts to happened prior to the trip, what's the idea of having all of those guys together? Shouldn't it be solely the 23 players that will start the year? And if not, what's the point in not having Sergei over there? If you want to cut him fine. But do it like everybody else. Carbonneau didn't send him down and if he did Sergei wouldn't have known why he was getting demoted.

The reason why I think this situation is different than the Perezhogin situation for example is I can't see Jacques Martin doing this without talking to Sergei about why he is getting sent down. In the past with Carbonneau there was hardly any communication between young guys and one of the things we've seen right from the get go with JM is he communicated with the players and gave them all roles.

Having been a GM recently Jacques probably knows about players wanting to go overseas as opposed to playing in the minors and probably has told Sergei how it will only make him a better play overall. I think D'Agostini will be kept on a short leash and if he is invisible like he was in the second half last year and Sergei puts in a better work ethic he'll be up with the big club in a matter of time.

Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:

Who said that was it?

As far as I can see, he's still a member of the organisation and is still immune to being put on waivers.

If he cant make the team out of camp next year, then yes, the saga is over. Until then, he can still work on his work ethic and other aspects of his game and come back stronger.

Old
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
good move, he'll be back im sure.

now if only martin had the guts to send latendresse down too.
that's too bad, cause he'd have to go through waivers.

Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I don't know why some make a big deal out of this cut. After all, he brought that upon himself. He missed the bus to Quebec, then was put in his place during practice for not playing the style requested by the coach. There's one boss and it's the coach. The kid better learn to put his priorities at the right place and in a hurry if he wants to make a career in the NHL, because it's starting to add up with the events of last year...

Old
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

good move.

I like it more that it was done this late, sends a message to everyone that this is serious. You want to be late, be arrogant, think you were a part of this team....i dont think so. This was not a question of skill, it was about effort and commitment. He will have to learn that his roster spot wasnt given to him cause his bro is here or cause he was impressive 2 years ago.

Dosent hurt that he can still pass through waivers. Will do him good to be coached by Boucher. If he has any push back, any self-respect, he will go down, dominate, get called up and never look back.

Carbo would have put him on the first line.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I had in mind that it was close of being over, but you're right, it can still work out positively as far as coming back and being better. But I have my doubts.
He just turned 22 years old and a TERRIBLE sophmore year last season. Sergei has amazing vision, a great passer, good shot and brings some grit to his game. He just has to find that fire back and learn that you can't shut it out when you feel like it. As soon as he gets that hustle going he's a lock on the 3rd line with Tender and Lappierre.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
The Chef*

I was not expecting that.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Sergei just came back from his bad injury. Played 2 only two preseason games. Sending him to the ahl was the best thing for Sergei to find his game back but of course, the hater will be draw to the conclusion that he was a cancer, have attitude problem and is still selling drugs thats why he was send down.
Still?
He was selling drugs to begin with.

He is rich, his brother is rich and he comes from a rich family. Money ain't a thang.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
TheCH*

oops
That was supposed to say "wasn't".

Old
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
mlandry

Quote:
I don't know why some make a big deal out of this cut. After all, he brought that upon himself. He missed the bus to Quebec, then was put in his place during practice for not playing the style requested by the coach. There's one boss and it's the coach. The kid better learn to put his priorities at the right place and in a hurry if he wants to make a career in the NHL, because it's starting to add up with the events of last year...
JM talked to him about that and he played well during the next preseason game (the only one he played in if I remember)...

Don't really agree with this cut. He makes our top6 better than anything other options, and there are other ways to discipline someone or send a message.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Stupid.

Sergei was significantly better in every game than D'Agostini, Stewart and Pacioretty.

He also played with worse line-mates and wasn't given the chance to shine as they did, and he still outshone them.

Just a terrible decision, influenced by the media.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Like I said in the other thread, it's a stupid move.

He was significantly better than D'Agostini, Pacioretty and Stewart in every game and wasn't given the line-mates to be succesful like they were.

In the end the decision was motivated by the crusade of multiple news outlets, because based on play on the ice, Sergei would be in the top 6 starting game one.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Gionta didn't exactly have a bad camp...
Didn't say he had a bad camp. At 5M, he wasn't impressive, he did what he's paid to do.
Have we been that disappointed over the years that when we sign a player that plays up to his salary, we're impressed??..

How sad is that...

Old
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
i heard he was not only selling drugs but smuggling in illegal immigrants from his home town and selling poison milk to school children

Old
09-27-2009, 06:11 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Didn't say he had a bad camp. At 5M, he wasn't impressive, he did what he's paid to do.
Have we been that disappointed over the years that when we sign a player that plays up to his salary, we're impressed??..

How sad is that...
1g/game... I think that's a pretty darn impressive ratio for ANY player in the league.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:12 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
1g/game... I think that's a pretty darn impressive ratio for ANY player in the league.
I hope you're not serious.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Like I said in the other thread, it's a stupid move.

He was significantly better than D'Agostini, Pacioretty and Stewart in every game and wasn't given the line-mates to be succesful like they were.

In the end the decision was motivated by the crusade of multiple news outlets, because based on play on the ice, Sergei would be in the top 6 starting game one.
Blinded by a couple flashy plays, are we?

Closed Thread