HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UPDATE:Sergei Kostitsyn doesn't report to Hamilton/Requests trade

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Not a team player. Not committed. See ya.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

You just don't give up on 22 years old players.....not yet

Old
09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
1g/game... I think that's a pretty darn impressive ratio for ANY player in the league.
1g/game over 4games, not 82. A four game scoring streak is very common in the league buddy.

I might require more than others to be impressed. He did have a good camp that much we can all agree on.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Stupid.

Sergei was significantly better in every game than D'Agostini, Stewart and Pacioretty.

He also played with worse line-mates and wasn't given the chance to shine as they did, and he still outshone them.

Just a terrible decision, influenced by the media.

Agreed...

This decision is just too much...

I can't take it anymore... I'll take a little break of HF...

Stewart, Pacioretty, Latendresse, Stewart, Chipchura, D'Agostini, Pyatt, Moen and Lapierre are all better than him ?!?!

Nice job Gainey !!

Old
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
1g/game over 4games, not 82. A four game scoring streak is very common in the league buddy.

I might require more than others to be impressed. He did have a good camp that much we can all agree on.
If Gionta seriously didn't impress you this training camp, either your expectations are way too high, or you didn't watch the games. I'm not talking about offensive output, but about every single facet of the game. He's unreal.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
hotcarle

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I ****ing hate D'Agostini, if he stays on the team I am going to be real angry. He is terrible.
He showed some clutch performances last year, especially the playoff clinching 2 goal performance against Boston.
He can't be send down, we'd probably lose him for nothing or worse, lose him on re-entry waivers, paying half of his salary.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
shamrun

?

if we call him back does he have to go through waivers?

Old
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Agreed...

Stewart, Pacioretty, Latendresse, Stewart, Chipchura, D'Agostini, Pyatt, Moen and Lapierre are all better than him ?!?!

Nice job Gainey !!

1st. Martin is the one who decides.
2nd. The kid sure was the most apt to play as a top-6 player, but he sure didn't help his case.

I sure hope Pacioretty is not going to get the top-6 spot however. He's not an offensive black hole, but he's been pretty darn ineffective as far as offense is concerned.

Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarle View Post
He showed some clutch performances last year, especially the playoff clinching 2 goal performance against Boston.
He can't be send down, we'd probably lose him for nothing or worse, lose him on re-entry waivers, paying half of his salary.
This.

The same people (for most part) would be the ones calling for Gaineys head if Dagostini would of gotten plucked on waivers.

Old
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
He's been unprofessional so far during the pre-season.

1. He missed the bus to Quebec.
2. Disobeys the coach by not fulling the routine THE COACH is teaching.

Show up to work late and don't listen to your boss for fun and you'll be put on the unemployment list. Sergei really needs to smarten up his act. I understand he's still young, but when you crack the NHL roster, you are expected to act with maturity and class. Sergei showed none of that and that's why he finds himself in Hamilton. Hopefully he'll react the right way and not like a stubborn teenager that had his X-Box taken away from him.

He has one good game afterwards where he scores and plays okay and we're expected to save him because of that? Give me a break.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
If Gionta seriously didn't impress you this training camp, either your expectations are way too high, or you didn't watch the games. I'm not talking about offensive output, but about every single facet of the game. He's unreal.
No, he didn't impress me because he always played like that and I knew what to expect..

He always played like that. If he has another 40ish Goal season then I'll be impressed. But I'm not going to be impressed by a proven veteran scorer that plays well in camp vs weak teams..

Old
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
oh man, i guess this move its also a huge wake up call to kostitsyn, get the message or you will be out in a hurry. (hopefully he doesnt take is chance in russia, now that would NOT be a huge surprise)

Sergei will have a tough time for sure, even last year he took it pretty badly, hopefully he regains his confidence playing with good kids.. i really wished paccioretty would be sent down too..

as for gainey... sorry but we are lacking a top6 player able to score..

? - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - ?
Latendresse - Lapierre - A. Kostitsyn
Moen - Metropolit - Laraques/Stewart

nothing against Pacs or Dags but.. our scoring lines need experience and production and aint expecting more than 40 pts from either of them even on top lines.. i really dont. as for andrei playing on the third line might be a wake up call. Once he likes playing with his heart and body, then we can integrate him back somewhere in top 2 lines..

in my opinion this lineup, mine or any one you can imagine, shows a hole in the top 2 lines, and Gainey must act.
D'agger is ready for a 2nd line role. Offensively speaking, he's able to pot 20 I say.

As for AK46 on the third line, this is just a dumb idea. Sorry.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Sláinte!
Is that the 'cheers' word that sounds like 'slancha'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Murph

Hope you're all well here!
Ditto to you Murph! (See above)

Old
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Agreed...

Nice job Gainey !!

Coaches base their decisions on a lot more than game performance. There's a lot of things that go on behind the scenes that we haven't a clue about. Maybe Sergei is in need of an attitude adjustment and a Hamilton wake-up call is the right decision. Way too many variables Erika.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
What is this love affair with Pacioretty. He's one of the most raw players in the league. Yea, he can skate and forecheck but so can any player in the NHL.
Notice how no one responds to your post ? Your judgement is out of blind hate, we, well we know better. Any team in the NHL would take Max Pac in a micro second. Giving up on a 20 year old playing in the NHL, no wonder our fanbase gets laughed at.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No, he didn't impress me because he always played like that and I knew what to expect..

He always played like that. If he has another 40ish Goal season then I'll be impressed. But I'm not going to be impressed by a proven veteran scorer that plays well in camp vs weak teams..
so who impressed you??

Old
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Like I said in the other thread, it's a stupid move.

He was significantly better than D'Agostini, Pacioretty and Stewart in every game and wasn't given the line-mates to be succesful like they were.

In the end the decision was motivated by the crusade of multiple news outlets, because based on play on the ice, Sergei would be in the top 6 starting game one.

You have no issue calling the move stupid - and even blaming multiple media outlets for the move, which is absurd - and yet you have no clue what happened behind closed doors. Did it ever occur to you he's being sent down because of his attitude and off-ice behaviour?

Old
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
elsubz

Bull****. He wasn't even given a chance on the top two lines. Out of the players staying he was the only one talented enough to keep up with the players on these lines. Hooray! 3 weeks of seeing D.agostini and patches struggle before he gets called up.

And isn't Martin's philosophy to play a 2 way game and he rather keep D'agostini?

Old
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Stupid.

Sergei was significantly better in every game than D'Agostini, Stewart and Pacioretty.

He also played with worse line-mates and wasn't given the chance to shine as they did, and he still outshone them.

Just a terrible decision, influenced by the media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Not a team player. Not committed. See ya.
Not enough games were televised for me to hazard an opinion on Sergei's play through camp. His attitude and play were both a problem last year, though. Based on the explosion Martin apparently directed at him during practice last week, I guess the coach does not feel like he's rehabilitated the first problem enough.

Old
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
good decision... lets hope he acts like a pro
Yeah no kidding, i hope he goes and plays great in the A show them why he belongs with the big club he just sees so lazy for me

Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Notice how no one responds to your post ? Your judgement is out of blind hate, we, well we know better. Any team in the NHL would take Max Pac in a micro second. Giving up on a 20 year old playing in the NHL, no wonder our fanbase gets laughed at.
Right now, no team would put him on its top-6.

I'm happy you're not the one taking decisions.

Mark my words: If Pacioretty gets an offensive role as soon as this year in the NHL, he's going to fail and his development will be slowed down.

He isn't ready. I don't hate the kid. The thing is that unlike you, I'm not blinded by my love for a player. He's just not ready for an offensive role.

Now, if you wanted to put him with Latendresse and Lapierre, that could be a good idea.

Those who are pushing to see him get a top-6 role are the ones who are dumb, not me. He's not ready offensively, he proved nothing so far to warrant a top-6 spot in the world's most competitive league.

I never said I would give up on the kid.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 09-27-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Mod Edit
Old
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Uh? OK? So, who's going to wing it on the second like beside Gionta and Plekanec?

Old
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Jedrik

At what point does Sergei become eligible to be claimed on re-entry waivers?

Old
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Oilers View Post
Uh? OK? So, who's going to wing it on the second like beside Gionta and Plekanec?
D'agostini. Offensively speaking, he's the best candidate, and by far.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Bull****. He wasn't even given a chance on the top two lines. Out of the players staying he was the only one talented enough to keep up with the players on these lines. Hooray! 3 weeks of seeing D.agostini and patches struggle before he gets called up.

And isn't Martin's philosophy to play a 2 way game and he rather keep D'agostini?
So Jacques Martin thinks that D'Agostini and/or Paccioretty can play in the top six and you, Elsbuz thinks he can't.

Gee, I wonder who's opinion I'll put stock in here.

This place is getting ridiculous.

The vocal majority here last season demanded Mats Sundin be brought in because he was the missing piece. Sundin looked horrible in the NHL last year, barely able to keep up and posting lousy numbers.

The vocal majority here said acquring Robert Lang was a terrible move. He was washed up and too slow to be effective for the Canadiens. Up until his injury he was consistently one of their best forwards.

The vocal majority here said trading for Mathieu Schnedier was an awful trade. He was way too old, looked like crap in Atlanta and wouldn't do anything to help the Canadiens. He walked in and turned around their powerplay and put up big points for the Canadiens.

Just let the professionals make the big-boy decisions. They know what they're doing.

Closed Thread