HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rob Schremp claimed by Islanders

Old
09-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Alex28*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZone View Post
Kessel is younger than Schremp,has elite speed and also an elite shot. He's also a 21 year old 36 goal scorer. Comparing the two makes no sense at all.
Kessel also cost 2 1sts and a 2nd, Schremp would be free.

At worst, he gets waived.

At best, he finds his niche as a setup man the Leafs aren't exactly teeming with.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
BigHabs

I think the habs should try to pick him up. put him on the third line and having scoring on the first 3 lines for sure. 4th line would even have production overall that would be a pretty sick line up for fowards.

A.Kostitsyn Gomez Cammalleri
Latendresse Plekanec Gionta
Moen Lapierre Schremp
D'agostini Metropolit Pacioretty

EX Stewart, Laraque, Chipchura

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:28 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post

At best, he finds his niche as a setup man the Leafs aren't exactly teeming with.
But....Schremp....well he sucks.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:29 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Very ignorant post.

no it is not

Schremp is known for his stick work during practice then his play when it matters

there is a reason why he was cut

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
JMFJ 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
I think the habs should try to pick him up. put him on the third line and having scoring on the first 3 lines for sure. 4th line would even have production overall that would be a pretty sick line up for fowards.

A.Kostitsyn Gomez Cammalleri
Latendresse Plekanec Gionta
Moen Lapierre Schremp
D'agostini Metropolit Pacioretty
What exactly is Schremp going to do on a 3rd line with Moen and Lapierre?

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZone View Post
But....Schremp....well he sucks.
As if that's stopped Burke before.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post

I see no room for him in our top6. Grabovski,Poni,Hagman,Kulemin,Stalberg,Blake Are all much better players than Schremp.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Kyle Wellwood type player
now THAT is ignorant.
he's a good two way player that makes good passes.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
vecens24

I still don't think Schremp would be a bad fit with either Nashville (give them some solid power play punch, maybe catch lightning in a bottle on the top 6 if it works out), Pittsburgh (I know our power play is solid but it could be worth it to try playing him there or playing him with Malkin for a few games here or there on the cheap and see if it works out), or honestly Toronto (I know he doesn't fit well in their system but he could work out becuase they could use a solid playmaker who can make things happen offensively). It would be cheap for these teams to try it and take a shot. All have top 6 openings and could use a cheap guy up there.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
be a playmaker role dish to Lapierre and Moen and he can put some pucks in the net, for some reason alot of you guys except oiler fans seem to think the guy doesn't know what scoring a goal is, people what would he bring to our team and stuff?, he is a player that justs needs a chance to play and it doesn't hurt if he goes to a contending team either. I think he would play fine on the 3rd line thats why i put him there because I didn't find he fit on the first 2 lines and he would still get ice time which he wasn't in edmonton and get some points on the board.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
This is exactly what I mean. The reason he didn't make the team isn't because he was "practicing that stupid lacrosse crap".
Schremp isn't dedicated enough all-around to play a meaningful minutes in the big leagues, but has a very limited, eye-popping set of skills that are better entertainment than they are effective in game situations.

I can see why you're so vehemently opposed to the Globetrotters reference.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:19 AM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
The Oilers ruined him

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 50
Quote:
Very ignorant post.
Definitely ignorant. Everyone knows there's no hockey equivalent to the Harlem Globetrotters.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
The Oilers ruined him
Now this is an ignorant post.

09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
There is no way Nashville will make a claim for Schremp due to his inconsistent work ethic and questionable mental makeup.

Trotz was speaking to a coaching clinic yesterday after the morning skate and talked at length about the importance of a strong mental makeup, a solid and consistent work ethic, and a genuine sense of pride in working in a team environment is when making decisions on players for the Predators. Both he and Peterson (who spoke after Trotz) also mentioned the philosophy that says that, "a team with a strong work ethic, but only average talent will always beat a team with a high skill level, but little work ethic."

Lastly, Trotz mentioned that he says what's needed to be said, when it is needed to be said, regardless of the player and that occasionally he crosses the line, but he said he knows he can do it because of the makeup of the team and the players knowing that he genuinely cares about them both as players and people. He said that he's gotten some players really upset at him during Hockey Canada camps due to their unfamiliarity with him when he says something that "no one has ever told them before."

From everything I've heard and read about Schremp, he wouldn't last in Nashville and would only be a stumbling block to our homegrown youngsters moving through the system and battling for roster spots.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:27 AM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
I should go dig up all those posts from Edmonton fans about how he would have a better career than Wolski and how he is more talented.
And everyone else should dig up all those millions of other posts that say that one prospect is better than the other to show them that they were wrong in the end. We could create a new message board dedicated to that. But of course that would be stupid because prospect predictions are not science and most (but apparently not all) of the posters on this board recognize that.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Because of the 3 or 4 seconds some people have seen of him, they think that's all he is. Nothing wrong with that, but like I said, just ignorance.
Those 3, or 4 seconds is all he's ever done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
Nothing. Would be nice for Montréal to get him, but just look at that guy's 4th line. Max Pac and D'ags. Clear evidence the guy doesn't have the slightest idea as to what he's talking about.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Kyle Wellwood type player
Not really. Wellwood at least proved he could make the NHL and produce before he got waived.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:40 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

He should be claimed, but I don't think he will be.

Based on the moves GM's have made this summer, it seems like they're very concerned about the cap, contracts and roster spots. Schremp won't do anything as a bottom six forward, his only use is as a top six forward.

That being said, I could see Burke claiming him because:

1) He's a former 1st round pick
2) Leafs could use more offense
3) He's American
4) He's an Oiler (and I suspect Burke still wants revenge for the Penner offer sheet)

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:50 AM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I have never seen a player that encapsulated the interest of fans for as long as Rob Schremp has. In a day where one bad season makes a player a "bust" and guys like Tuomo Ruutu are called busts.... here we have a player that springs optimism from fans out of his arse.

Not saying that I totally disagree that he could eventually be a quality player for your powerplay.... it's just very very odd. The legacy that he created with that stacked London Knights team has followed him.
Well stated. I concur.

He's had Oilers fans rapt from day 1, urging that he get the chance to prove that he can take the next step. And clearly many fans from elsewhere have been watching as he toiled away. Much of this has to do with his freakish skills in puck-handling and the team he played for in junior. These two factors appear to have had him labelled as better than he actually is. Not the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb58 View Post
Robbie cant skate well enough to avoid the tough areas he dont like going to. For a goal scorer he sure hasnt lit the lamp much since jr. I was always hoping he would work out but maybe a change of scenery will benifit him.
Interestingly enough, I don't know that this is as true this year as it was in the past. Watching him live this September at Rexall, he's had more jump and explosion to his step from a stand still than in earlier years. And while he still isn't interested in hitting anyone, he is liable to get a little dirty in the corners.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
This is exactly what I mean. The reason he didn't make the team isn't because he was "practicing that stupid lacrosse crap".
Did you leave your reading comprehension in the same place as your sense of humor? The key point was that he didn't do enough to mitigate his flaws but you seem to have glossed over that. His skating, his horrid release from the point...those are two critical areas that could have been improved. He was never going to be a Selke winner nor does he have to be, but his foot speed isn't good enough and he isn't even that much of an asset on the powerplay because pro goalies see his slapper coming from a mile away. But he sure could deek real purrrty like in them thurrr shootouts.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:55 AM
dookers9

Quote:
The Oilers ruined him
Good one.

I'm sure he'd be a 100 pt player by now were he groomed by the likes of a Burke or Holland. Er... not.

The kid entered the fray with a chip on his shoulder believing that his junior numbers would carry him through. He never showed an interest in learning defensive concepts. His skating has been suspect from the start - in fact, it's only of late when working WITH the Oilers in the skating department, that he's become more well-rounded as a player.

He's had his chances. Can't blame it all on KLowe and MacT. Had a clean slate this season and simply didn't produce. He's ruined himself.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
The Oilers ruined him
One could say they ruined his confidence but in the end he's just not good enough at the NHL level, he's weak along the boards, gets bumped off the puck way too easily and doesn't even know there's four corners you can go into to get a puck. Couple that with weak skating and you have a career minor leaguer.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
There is no way Nashville will make a claim for Schremp due to his inconsistent work ethic and questionable mental makeup.
Nobody said we would?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:07 AM
State of Hockey

Needless to say, I'm growing tired of the Schremp saga. Let there be an ending.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote