HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Suck it, Reto: Chicago Blackhawks @ HC Davos

Old
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Swissfan79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissButch View Post
funny part is, there are still some guys here in switzerland who belive that a swiss team could beat an nhl team..
Sad but true

Swissfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
luciousharris

Send a message via AIM to luciousharris Send a message via MSN to luciousharris
Whoever said the Swiss league was one of the top. Top paying. Yes!! Top skill level. NO!!! It is nowhere near KHL,DEL,SEL, or SM Liga..... Sorry about the miss information. Davos is the current champoin. I thouoght it was ZSC that were the raining champs.

luciousharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by major league View Post
Whoever said the Swiss league was one of the top. Top paying. Yes!! Top skill level. NO!!! It is nowhere near KHL,DEL,SEL, or SM Liga..... Sorry about the miss information. Davos is the current champoin. I thouoght it was ZSC that were the raining champs.
zurich is the champions league champion. the tournament with all the best european teams. they beat magnitogorsk last year, was sort of an upset. davos is the 2009 swiss champ.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
luciousharris

Send a message via AIM to luciousharris Send a message via MSN to luciousharris
Thank you for the clarification.

luciousharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Retail1LO
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
funny part is, there are still some guys here in switzerland who belive that a swiss team could beat an nhl team..
Funny huh? Ask anyone that played for Team Canada how funny it was when they lost to Switzerland in the Olympics four years ago. And that team was made up of the best players from arguably the best hockey nation on earth. It was BETTER than an NHL team.

A Finnish club team beat Florida. These things ARE possible.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Funny huh? Ask anyone that played for Team Canada how funny it was when they lost to Switzerland in the Olympics four years ago. And that team was made up of the best players from arguably the best hockey nation on earth. It was BETTER than an NHL team.

A Finnish club team beat Florida. These things ARE possible.
To be fair, Team Switzerland was better than a Swiss league team too.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 10:01 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
They also won with a NHL tender playing out of his freaking mind.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
devilman

Davos had waaaaay tooooo much respect. This is not to say Davos would have won or whatsoever, but they were mentally paralyzed to take this once-in-a-lifetime challenge. You've seen some flashes, after 1-3 they had a great PP, or at the end when Peter Guggisberg scored the 2-9 or the other chance when those 3 Hawks looked like pylons.

It's like Swiss Teams were afraid of the Sovjet/Nordic/Easter European Teams 20 years ago. With the strategy to improve Swiss Ice Hockey, they begun to invite teams from Sweden etc. for pre-season tournies and friendlies. There they begun to belive they could beat such "unbeatable" teams. First those wins were milestones, now nobody thinks it's special anymore.

There's the last challenge, beating a NHL team. If Zurich tonite won't have too much respect, there could be a little tighter result.

devilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:01 PM
prus

Just imagine if Chicago lost!

ZSC 2 Blackhawks 1

It just happend!

prus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies

Leaf fan here, just wanted to say as much as I hated the 'hawks for a while because you guys beat us the first game ever at Maple Leaf Gardens, and beat us the last game ever at MLG, but that is way in th past, and you're my team in the West now for the last 3 years, I loved how your young team was put together it's fun to watch, I hope you guys make it further than last year, and I'll be cheering for you in the Cup Finals

Good Luck...Fun to Watch hockey I love it

MrPiff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Gozer

Quote:
*cough*

Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripseantaylor21 View Post
Leaf fan here, just wanted to say as much as I hated the 'hawks for a while because you guys beat us the first game ever at Maple Leaf Gardens, and beat us the last game ever at MLG, but that is way in th past, and you're my team in the West now for the last 3 years, I loved how your young team was put together it's fun to watch, I hope you guys make it further than last year, and I'll be cheering for you in the Cup Finals

Good Luck...Fun to Watch hockey I love it
Get bent. Friggin bandwagoner.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by major league View Post
Do not judge the swiss teams on this 9-2 is not the correct level for Davos. They played sooo badly ...
last year the Rangers played Bern and won a clean 8-1 again ... Bern was not Bern again.

i guess these teams take complexes and therefore play 50% of their level. These players dream to play in NHL and the canadians/foreigners playing would dream to be in these NHL teams as well. This may generate this respect. That Zurich didn't have tonight.

These teams (Davos for exemple) regularly beat other european teams ... in pre season. and in the Spengler cup ... .
What you can say is that KHL is above the others. After that ... some may argue that Swedes and fins have more quality teams in the bottom of their league than Switzerland. Now on the top teams ... they are equals. With little doubt.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote