HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Attention ECAC bashers...

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Servo

vCash: 500
Attention ECAC bashers...

Today, Martin St. Louis became the first former NCAA player to win the Art Ross Trophy. Not bad for a kid who played in such a crappy conference

Old
04-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
Today, Martin St. Louis became the first former NCAA player to win the Art Ross Trophy. Not bad for a kid who played in such a crappy conference

One player does not a conference make.

(yeah i know it's corny but you get my point)

Old
04-05-2004, 12:02 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19
One player does not a conference make.

(yeah i know it's corny but you get my point)
one player gives hope

Old
04-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Adam Oates and Joe Juneau both played for RPI. No one ever said the ECAC had NO talent, but that compared to the other collegiate leagues, it was the least competitive.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker
Adam Oates and Joe Juneau both played for RPI. No one ever said the ECAC had NO talent, but that compared to the other collegiate leagues, it was the least competitive.
The complaint I hear most is that NHL players can't develop there, when its been proven time and again that they can. Having the first college player ever to lead the NHL in scoring develop in the ECAC is just icing on the cake.

As for the "one player" comment, one player can an example make. In addition to the two mentioned above, I'll just throw out a few off the top of my head: Nieuwendyk, Chartrand, Conroy, Marchant, S. Moore, Cole, Halpern.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Fletch

If Jessiman put up St. Louis-type numbers..

nobody would be talking about the league as much, but how much Jessiman has improved [I know we're not specifically talking about Jessiman, but that's what sparked the debate inititally]. He put up 71, 85 (the 60) points in his sophomore, Junior and Senior years, respectively. The question is, does he put up those same numbers in Hockey East, or the CCHA?

Old
04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
nobody would be talking about the league as much, but how much Jessiman has improved [I know we're not specifically talking about Jessiman, but that's what sparked the debate inititally]. He put up 71, 85 (the 60) points in his sophomore, Junior and Senior years, respectively. The question is, does he put up those same numbers in Hockey East, or the CCHA?
Its hard to say with any one player, but I think he'd likely match his current numbers or improve them (I admit there is better offensive talent out west to support a good scorer, which might boost a prospect's offensive numbers) (I'm not sure what the numbers are you refer to above, BTW). The ECAC is very strong defensively among its top teams. I've said several times, if you can score on Cornell you can score on any team in the country My worry about Jessiman as an NHL prospect is that he can't score on Cornell (which is fine with me for now, but not when he joins the Rangers)!

Old
04-06-2004, 11:37 PM
ratzboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
The complaint I hear most is that NHL players can't develop there, when its been proven time and again that they can. Having the first college player ever to lead the NHL in scoring develop in the ECAC is just icing on the cake.

As for the "one player" comment, one player can an example make. In addition to the two mentioned above, I'll just throw out a few off the top of my head: Nieuwendyk, Chartrand, Conroy, Marchant, S. Moore, Cole, Halpern.

You could add John Leclair and Aaron Miller to that list too (Go cats go!)

Closed Thread