HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Year?????

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 11:09 AM
English Hab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Our Year?????

"We're in the playoffs," he said. "That means we have a chance."

Claude Julien 7th Apr 2004

lets wait and see.......

Old
04-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
"We're in the playoffs," he said. "That means we have a chance."

Claude Julien 7th Apr 2004

lets wait and see.......
Well like Gainey said, we have to take it one game at a time and NOT get ahead of ourselves.

But its fun isn't it. LOL!

Old
04-07-2004, 04:02 PM
felixd

Well the number 7 seed has had the most upsets in 10 years compared to any other seed. Go Habs Go! The only thing I'm afraid of is if we make the cup finals then not make the playoffs next year(see washington in 98, carolina in 2002, anaheim 2003)

Old
04-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Well the number 7 seed has had the most upsets in 10 years compared to any other seed. Go Habs Go! The only thing I'm afraid of is if we make the cup finals then not make the playoffs next year(see washington in 98, carolina in 2002, anaheim 2003)
Don't get too far ahead of yourself

Old
04-07-2004, 04:32 PM
English Hab

Quote:
I think someone may have got the wrong end of this thread.... A little too far ahead of schedule me thinks!!!

Nevertheless remember... "we have a chance"

Old
04-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Charge_Seven

I'd say the Canadiens are likely in the top 10 of the 16 teams who made the playoffs (my personal oppinion...I'm sure some would say they're the best team in the playoffs, and some would say the worst...). As far as a shot, yes, everyone does, but a legitimate shot...I dunno...then again, they weren't favoured in 1993 either, Roy played like God. They've got the a top 3 goalie in the playoffs in Theodore (Belfour/Brodeur being the other two, not gonna claim who's what number though ). They've got all the talent you could possibly need, strong leadership, not near the top teams in that department though (Leafs/Flyers/Devils/Avs/Red Wings/Stars being top teams in leadership). I'd say the best thing for the Habs right now is that they've got an inexperienced club, and therefore cannot be beaten by matching in the playoffs, cause nobody knows who's gonna be good at what come pressure time. This is a club that will be together for a while, and that bodes well for the future. (bodes, or boads? I think bodes...)

Ahh well, hope to see you guys in round two or three...god that'd be great. Best of luck in the playoffs, I hope unlikely heroes arise.

Old
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
I'd say the Canadiens are likely in the top 10 of the 16 teams who made the playoffs (my personal oppinion...I'm sure some would say they're the best team in the playoffs, and some would say the worst...). As far as a shot, yes, everyone does, but a legitimate shot...I dunno...then again, they weren't favoured in 1993 either, Roy played like God. They've got the a top 3 goalie in the playoffs in Theodore (Belfour/Brodeur being the other two, not gonna claim who's what number though ). They've got all the talent you could possibly need, strong leadership, not near the top teams in that department though (Leafs/Flyers/Devils/Avs/Red Wings/Stars being top teams in leadership). I'd say the best thing for the Habs right now is that they've got an inexperienced club, and therefore cannot be beaten by matching in the playoffs, cause nobody knows who's gonna be good at what come pressure time. This is a club that will be together for a while, and that bodes well for the future. (bodes, or boads? I think bodes...)

Ahh well, hope to see you guys in round two or three...god that'd be great. Best of luck in the playoffs, I hope unlikely heroes arise.
Thanks gregstack.... may the battle commence!!

And just to help you out with the goalie question Theo is number 1!!!!

Old
04-07-2004, 04:50 PM
markov`

This year is certainly not the Habs' year, even if they win the cup. Our time will come in 4-5 years, when all our youngster will be at their peak (Ryder, Ribeiro, Komisarek, Souray, Markov, Kasti, Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa, Hainsey, etc.). But anyway, I hope that the Habs play well in the playoff and that Ryder shows that he's a elite powerforward in the making, because that's what he is.

Old
04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
DEBASER

Quote:
i think too much has been made of these so called upsets. every year is different. just because teams have upset in the past doesn't mean they will this year. for example, everyone is calling Calgary 'the ducks of 2004'. the most likely team to upset is now seen as a favorite. oh well, the best team will win.

Old
04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
This year is certainly not the Habs' year, even if they win the cup.
WOW, us habs fans really have gotten greedy...

what DO they have to do to make it our year?

Closed Thread