HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs. Bruins - GAME ONE - Apr. 7/04

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 08:45 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74
See you guys for game 2 on Friday.

And btw - no-one handed Razor the Calder, in fact he had enough class to suggest that it was Ryder's to lose.

In any case, I'm sure he would much prefer the playoff MVP... ;-)
remember its just 1 game i wouldnt go raycroft for mvp just yet.
montreal played with no heart no grit and no determination 3 of the most important recepies for success in the playoffs. i missed the 2nd period but the 1st and 3rd periods were awfull no drive by anyone in our team, we more than desereved to lose big tonight.
of all the shots ive seen by us today only one was a quality chance.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:46 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I blame Julien for this one.

There is no way on hell Bulis should be on line one over Kovalev. Julien says, "You don't break up a hot line," yet he goes with a 3-man unit that has scored 1 goal combined in 8 games. Meanwhile, our top scorers this year aren't getting nearly as much ice time as they should.

Stick to the system, Julien: two offensive lines, two defensive lines. Kovalev-Dowd-Perreault is a terrible mishmash of a line. Ugh.
thats exactly what i wanted as well. 2 scoring and 2 checking

Old
04-07-2004, 08:48 PM
pblc

As a Bruins fan I'm obviously happy with the outcome of game 1.........but any Bruins fan that thinks the entire series will be like this is sadly mistaken.........in my opinion the Canadiens were very tenative for some reason especially in the 1st period....they did seem to play better as the game went on, but by that point I think they were already in too deep of a hole.

I think that the Habs will play much better in the games to come. Its still anyones series.........and yes the habs still can win it. So please ignore any hotheads who come here bragging.....cuz this Bruins fan thinks that it is far from over.

Old
Wallace

I think for the Habs to win they need to be way more competitive in the Bruins zone. But what he all know that the Habs lack is a powerforward or two which hopefully they will add in the offseason (trade, draft, free agent). Im not going to give up on the Habs because when they get home the bruins will have a lot tougher time beating the Habs there but for the Habs to make a it to the next round i'd say game two is a must win due to the fact it will change the momentum in the series.

Also I thought the Habs had just as many good opportunities as the Bruins(they sucked it up in the first) except they could no finish, and its good to see the game means something to the player when at the end of the game they went after some Bruins players.

On friday the Habs have got to survive the first 10 min of the first period then they stand a chance to beat the bruins.

Old
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Keep the heads up folks....still alot of hockey to be played.....

Old
04-07-2004, 08:49 PM
markov`

I hope that Kovy will play with Sax and Zednik. That's his place, imo. Try a third line like this: Bulis - Dowd - Ward.

Old
RE-HABS

Raycroft didn't win that game tonight, the Habs have to show up and have some intesity to think Raycroft was the differance.

Montreal looked tired, nervous and over cautious. Hopefully it was first game jitters.

Nither team really impressed me, if not for the PP Boston would have looked just as ordinary as the Habs...it didn't feel like playoff hockey at all.

Komisarek needs to come in, Boullion was thrown around and Quintal played plain stupid.

Don't want to pick on players, but as usual Dagenais was MIA after a couple of solid games again, Perreault looked as if he missed the press box, Zednik was passing instead of shooting and Bulis needs to get off that line because he isn't helping a struggling scoring line with his lack of hockey sense (love his work ethic but he doesn't belong there). Kovalev looks really tired and out of shape like CJ has said, but he needs to be on the top line because we can't win with one scoring line Ribs and Ryder, Rolston line is checking Ribs good and Montreal needs to get something going from the top line then.

I won't be surprised if CJ juggles some lines and inserts some different bodies, plus Thornton is injured so why isn't the coach having the players give this guy the body?

Frustrating to say the least, you can't win if you don't show up...hopefully someone on the team or BG or CJ says something to motivate these guys. :mad:

Old
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
As a Bruins fan I'm obviously happy with the outcome of game 1.........but any Bruins fan that thinks the entire series will be like this is sadly mistaken.........in my opinion the Canadiens were very tenative for some reason especially in the 1st period....they did seem to play better as the game went on, but by that point I think they were already in too deep of a hole.

I think that the Habs will play much better in the games to come. Its still anyones series.........and yes the habs still can win it. So please ignore any hotheads who come here bragging.....cuz this Bruins fan thinks that it is far from over.
Agreed.....

Old
04-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Raycroft should get the trophy anyways. Much tougher position, and he did marvelously well. He impresses me with his calm and sound positioning. Reminds me of someone we had once...

The Bruins a much better team, and that's why I predicted a 5-game win for them.

Face it. The Habs are not ready yet. Imagine, our whole 2nd line is made up of promising, yet inexperienced kids. They'll gain a lot from this. The best is yet to come.
Right on, I've predicted a 5-game win for them as well (but there's nothing more I wish than to be wrong). Even though there're a better team, sometimes a better system can make you win but even the system wasn't there today.

The best is yet to come, I agree, but I don't see right now where in our farm team some big guys are expected to help us in the near future. We have a lot of talent but all 5'11'' to 6'1'' which is not big for NHL standards.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:51 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:

great post caper.
it just feels very frustrating to watch your favoret team show no grit or drive
its a pretty bad day all-round for us habs fans.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Bad game by the Habs,nothing worked for us tonight,the powerplay was bad the offense was bad,the defense was bad..anyway you get the point,we gotta give credit to Boston they played 60 minutes of GREAT hockey,I jsut hope we will play with more intensity next game

Old
04-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Raycroft didn't win that game tonight, the Habs have to show up and have some intesity to think Raycroft was the differance.

Montreal looked tired, nervous and over cautious. Hopefully it was first game jitters.

Nither team really impressed me, if not for the PP Boston would have looked just as ordinary as the Habs...it didn't feel like playoff hockey at all.

Komisarek needs to come in, Boullion was thrown around and Quintal played plain stupid.

Don't want to pick on players, but as usual Dagenais was MIA after a couple of solid games again, Perreault looked as if he missed the press box, Zednik was passing instead of shooting and Bulis needs to get off that line because he isn't helping a struggling scoring line with his lack of hockey sense (love his work ethic but he doesn't belong there). Kovalev looks really tired and out of shape like CJ has said, but he needs to be on the top line because we can't win with one scoring line Ribs and Ryder, Rolston line is checking Ribs good and Montreal needs to get something going from the top line then.

I won't be surprised if CJ juggles some lines and inserts some different bodies, plus Thornton is injured so why isn't the coach having the players give this guy the body?

Frustrating to say the least, you can't win if you don't show up...hopefully someone on the team or BG or CJ says something to motivate these guys. :mad:
Agree on pratically everything, except that Dagenais part. He had the best chances tonight and played OK compared to the rest of the bunch. He had 5 shots on net and 2 or 3 were scoring chances including the one that merely touch the horizontal bar.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:57 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Right on, I've predicted a 5-game win for them as well (but there's nothing more I wish than to be wrong). Even though there're a better team, sometimes a better system can make you win but even the system wasn't there today.

The best is yet to come, I agree, but I don't see right now where in our farm team some big guys are expected to help us in the near future. We have a lot of talent but all 5'11'' to 6'1'' which is not big for NHL standards.

Those kind of players, you don't get them via the draft. You trade or sign them as UFA. They need experience and some leadership. I expect Bob to make some moves if there is hockey next season. This Habs lineup is not his typical lineup. He likes sandpaper as much as finesse. And the sandpaper is nonexistant on this team.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Belarus Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Agree on pratically everything, except that Dagenais part. He had the best chances tonight and played OK compared to the rest of the bunch. He had 5 shots on net and 2 or 3 were scoring chances including the one that merely touch the horizontal bar.
Perreault Is not and will not EVER produce on the 3 or 4th line...CJ just don't seem to understand this

Old
04-07-2004, 08:59 PM
markov`

Quote:
Those kind of players, you don't get them via the draft. You trade or sign them as UFA. They need experience and some leadership. I expect Bob to make some moves if there is hockey next season. This Habs lineup is not his typical lineup. He likes sandpaper as much as finesse. And the sandpaper is nonexistant on this team.
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:03 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Perreault Is not and will not EVER produce on the 3 or 4th line...CJ just don't seem to understand this

Yanic Perreault is of no use during the playoffs against a team that utilises physicality like the Bruins did. That's why the Leafs let go of him. And the Habs will after this season. Perreault is a great faceoff man, and can score when the checking is lackadaisical at best. But he's a one dimensional player, the type Claude Julien never liked.

Dagenais is still young and improving. That's why he's more leniant with him, even though he rode the pine a couple of times. He wants Dagenais to learn how to play both ways of the ice. Cuz that's how hockey is played these days. Unlike what the dinosaur Bergeron thinks.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:05 PM
HFXMooseHabs

I waited two years for that? Memo to Habs: You can't give up 23 shots in one period in the playoffs and expect to win.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:05 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:

I agree. The Canadiens are a storied franchise with a winning tradition and there's too much talent on this Habs team for the Bruins to expect an easy series. The Habs will bounce back.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Belarus Rocket

Quote:
Yanic Perreault is of no use during the playoffs against a team that utilises physicality like the Bruins did. That's why the Leafs let go of him. And the Habs will after this season. Perreault is a great faceoff man, and can score when the checking is lackadaisical at best. But he's a one dimensional player, the type Claude Julien never liked.

Dagenais is still young and improving. That's why he's more leniant with him, even though he rode the pine a couple of times. He wants Dagenais to learn how to play both ways of the ice. Cuz that's how hockey is played these days. Unlike what the dinosaur Bergeron thinks.
Yeah I already know that,but I prefer a Perreault on the 1 or 2 line scoring goals than a Perreault on a defensive line completely useless...Imo If CJ Is making Perreault play on the 3 line,He is better to bench him and Insert Langdon In the lineup because Perreault on the 3 Is useless

Old
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
markov`

double post sucks

Old
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH=
I waited two years for that? Memo to Habs: You can't give up 23 shots in one period in the playoffs and expect to win.

Giving 23 shots in Boston is like giving 15 anywhere else, man.

But the Habs didn't played well anyway.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:12 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
played well????could you explain yourself,because I tought It was a heck of a bad game,I mean bad!!!!
Just a typo error.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Habsfunk

I really didn't think both teams played that well. I mean, Montreal was bad and Boston was just average. It seemed like most of their shots were from far out. They did hit a lot more though, but that was too be expected. What was disspointing was the complete lack of effort the Habs showed on the backcheck and forecheck.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Belarus Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Just a typo error.
Yah I saw that no problem....I delete my post

Old
04-07-2004, 09:17 PM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
On friday the Habs have got to survive the first 10 min of the first period then they stand a chance to beat the bruins.
Have to agree...it's one of the two keys that are catalysts for trouble for the Bruins, (the other being special teams).
The Bruins have been outscored in the 1st period by a wide margin this season...get on the board first and you have a big leg up.

Closed Thread