HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs. Bruins - GAME ONE - Apr. 7/04

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Kerberos*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
, Guys quit crying: just be happy that we are playing in the playoffs.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:50 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Poor coaching so far though... We should dump the puck and use our speed to check their dman. Also, Bulis on the 1st PP is a joke... Other than that our wingers need to come back deeper, they're too close to the blue line and we have problems clearing the zone.

I'm not sure it's the coaching as much as the players panicking. They look more like the Michel Therrien bunch circa 2003 than the Habs of 2004.

Two years ago, you had great veteran leadership with Gilmour around. Today, they have nobody. That's what Bob will need in the future.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:50 PM
chicpea*

C'mon guys, don't give up yet. There's 20 more minutes plus overtime!

Old
04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
We played better in the second period but we have to show more energy and willing . Koivu , Ryder and Markov are all playing like everyone should . I hope Quintal don't get a freepass . And for god sakes please put Kovalev on the PP .

GO HABS GO !!!

Old
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON19
It's only 1 game guys....I just hope the B's don't get too confident and underestimate the Habs ability to get over this game

exactly... just game 1... not THAT big a deal, but big nonetheless... we need to end this game strong, win or lose

Old
Rahan

Je suis furax pour par dire plus, je fais juste crier après la tv.
C'est quoi ce ramassis de "bon je fais semblant de recevoir la passe mais je laisse la puck là pour que les bruins la prennent" ou ben de "eille, je shake pis je perd la puck tu seul" ??
C'est dégueulasse.
Pis Pierre et Yvon qui en rajoutent sur la reprise vidéo du but sauvé par Bégin "OHHH C'EST EMBÊTANT ON SAIT PAS DE CET ANGLE" -- c'est ben beau par vouloir être biaisé mais messemble c'était vraiment clair quelle était pas entrée. Bâtard, fermez la donc.
Pis c'est quoi là, le manque de luck, jsuis tu tanné moé de pas scorer des fluke goals comme les bruins font tout le temps. Ben non, l'puck va toujours par dessus le net, pas un ptit rebond a chier quon peut juste pousser dedans.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I'm not sure it's the coaching as much as the players panicking. They look more like the Michel Therrien bunch circa 2003 than the Habs of 2004.

Two years ago, you had great veteran leadership with Gilmour around. Today, they have nobody. That's what Bob will need in the future.
Yeah, just the other day I was thinking that we'll miss Gilmour this season. Anyways, we can still win games but we will lose a few before since we are a young team with no playoff leadership.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Poor coaching so far though... We should dump the puck and use our speed to check their dman. Also, Bulis on the 1st PP is a joke... Other than that our wingers need to come back deeper, they're too close to the blue line and we have problems clearing the zone.
So right, that love for Bulis is beyond me

Old
04-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Dragon

1) Keep in mind the Habs is the underdog in the series
2) We have more inexperience player in this team than the Bruins, they'll pick up quickly after a game or 2
3) We are playing game 1 only. No one expect Habs will win in 4
4) We saw the team can turn around everything overnight, there is no reason it can't be done again

Personally I expect the Bruins win game 1. I won't push my panic button until game 3 third period if we are trailling the series 2-0 and we are trailling by 2 goals in the third.

Relax... take game 1 as the experiment. And believe in your team!

Old
04-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

No Gilmour, No theodore standing on his head, No koivu inspiration back from cancer story, no heart, no guts, no size.

PATHETIC.

this series is over in 3 more games.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
And believe in your team!
That's more like it

Old
04-07-2004, 07:56 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:

It's definitely coaching since they didn't adjust during the period. They use 1 forechecking forward and they don't dump the puck to use their speed. Also, the forwards have been told to make sure the Bs dman can't shoot the puck, so they stay close to the blue line, which in turn causes us problems clearing the zone. Add to that wrong players at the wrong time (especially being back 2-0), that's many coaching faults.

Now, I'm not saying that the players are doing well. They look nervous, not confident and they don't skate hard. It's still not a reason for the coach to do poorly on top of it.

Old
04-07-2004, 07:57 PM
deandebean

If I recall, didn't we lose the first game 5-2 two years ago? I might be wrong, though.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:02 PM
deandebean

Quote:
It's definitely coaching since they didn't adjust during the period. They use 1 forechecking forward and they don't dump the puck to use their speed. Also, the forwards have been told to make sure the Bs dman can't shoot the puck, so they stay close to the blue line, which in turn causes us problems clearing the zone. Add to that wrong players at the wrong time (especially being back 2-0), that's many coaching faults.

Now, I'm not saying that the players are doing well. They look nervous, not confident and they don't skate hard. It's still not a reason for the coach to do poorly on top of it.
They have played the 1-2-2 under Julien this season. I have rarely seen them forecheck with 2 players. As for the forwards being too close to the blue line, you have a point. But the Habs forwards have not been known this season to be close to the pointguards. The wingers have been pretty steady in giving their own defencemen some alternatives, hanging out at the ringuette line (outside the face-off circle), and the centerman picking up the rush deep in the defensive zone. The Habs play a pretty simple system, in which the 3rd man deep in the defensive zone is the centerman. This game, I've seen the centers play wayyyyyyy to high. The plan is not being followed.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
deandebean

Quote:
They have played the 1-2-2 under Julien this season. I have rarely seen them forecheck with 2 players. As for the forwards being too close to the blue line, you have a point. But the Habs forwards have not been known this season to be close to the pointguards. The wingers have been pretty steady in giving their own defencemen some alternatives, hanging out at the ringuette line (outside the face-off circle), and the centerman picking up the rush deep in the defensive zone. The Habs play a pretty simple system, in which the 3rd man deep in the defensive zone is the centerman. This game, I've seen the centers play wayyyyyyy to high. The plan is not being followed.

I'll even add that the Habs have been swaying off the system for the last 2 weeks or so.

I'm not sure Kovalev's effect on the chemistry has been that great. Having the 2 main centermen questioning his presence on their respective line is not a good sign.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
If I recall, didn't we lose the first game 5-2 two years ago? I might be wrong, though.
no we won game 1 5-2 in 2002. we never trailed in that series

Old
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
If those 2 McGillis hits don't wake Kovy up, nothing will

Old
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
no we won game 1 5-2 in 2002. we never trailed in that series
Thanks. My bad.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
chicpea*

They looked good out there, creating pressure with the forecheck. Hopefully those hits will wake Kovalev up - he's starting to get involved. It's not too late guys!

Old
04-07-2004, 08:11 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
If those 2 McGillis hits don't wake Kovy up, nothing will

Nothing will. The guy is depressed and it shows. He thought this would be fun coming here, but MAtthias Brunet's revelations about Ribs and Koivu asking to get him out the their respective line must be really depressing.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:12 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
, Guys quit crying: just be happy that we are playing in the playoffs.

WRONG

Thats why they have been playing like crap for 7 of 8 games!

Old
04-07-2004, 08:14 PM
LeafNation

Montreal is the smallest and least physical team in the playoffs.. I was praying the leafs would face the habs in the first round because it would have been an easy 4 to 5 games for the leafs ..

Boston is absolutely destroying the habs physically tonight and its no surprise..

Of the 16 playoff teams, Montreal is by far the least physical and weakest , not to mention the habs are very very small.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Gazou

raycroft is outmatching Theo plain and simple...he's making the "playoffs" saves

and what the %?%?% is Juneau doing on the ice when it's 3-0 :mad:

Last edited by Mathieu Lavergne: 04-07-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 08:17 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNation
Montreal is the smallest and least physical team in the playoffs.. I was praying the leafs would face the habs in the first round because it would have been an easy 4 to 5 games for the leafs ..

Boston is absolutely destroying the habs physically tonight and its no surprise..

Of the 16 playoff teams, Montreal is by far the least physical and weakest , not to mention the habs are very very small.

Most of all, the Habs' big players (physically speaking) play "small". That's why Bob is asking fans to be patient with this organisation. He repeated it yesterday.

This team made the playoffs while they weren't expected to. This organisation is developing, according to most of the observers, faster than first thought. A system has been put forth all across the organisation. The team will reap the benefits a couple of years down the road.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:18 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Nothing will. The guy is depressed and it shows. He thought this would be fun coming here, but MAtthias Brunet's revelations about Ribs and Koivu asking to get him out the their respective line must be really depressing.
Reallly?

Closed Thread