HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets TV Coverage (All FSOhio Talk/Complaining in here)

Old
10-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Porkopolis

vCash: 500
Well what do you know, Time Warner actually came through for me. The game didn't show up in the channel guide until about 6:30, but I got to watch the whole thing. The standard def feed hurt my eyes compared to the NYI-Pens game on Center Ice, though. It was like aging 30 years every time I switched over to the Jackets from the Pens-Isles.

Porkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
SAME HERE. What the hell is going on? Nobody else has really been complaining about this???

My FSN Ohio HD network said it was showing "HD Promo" in four hour blocks all day long, but when I switched to it there was a football game on. I set my DVR to record thinking maybe the info was just messed up, but sure enough... the football game ended at 7:00 and THEN it turned to a blue screen with the words "HD Sports" spinning in the middle for three hours. The FSN Ohio Alt HD channel had baseball on.

I am pissed. What the hell is the matter - does Time Warner just not show FSN HD???

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:27 PM
hossua34
Mutt

Time Warner - FSN Ohio HD???

What the hell?? I am a new HD customer, so maybe I just haven't caught on to something, but why was the game not shown on FSN Ohio HD tonight?? It said it was showing 'HD Promo' all night and all my DVR recorded was a blue screen with the words HD SPORTS in the middle of it.

FSN Oh Alternate was working, of course - showing Reds baseball.

Can any other Time Warner HD customers tell me what is going on?

Old
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

So...how'd Davidge sound with Rimer? Improvement? Too early to tell? Or do we miss Danny already?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:02 PM
CBJFreak

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to CBJFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
SAME HERE. What the hell is going on? Nobody else has really been complaining about this???

My FSN Ohio HD network said it was showing "HD Promo" in four hour blocks all day long, but when I switched to it there was a football game on. I set my DVR to record thinking maybe the info was just messed up, but sure enough... the football game ended at 7:00 and THEN it turned to a blue screen with the words "HD Sports" spinning in the middle for three hours. The FSN Ohio Alt HD channel had baseball on.

I am pissed. What the hell is the matter - does Time Warner just not show FSN HD???
Apparently, it wasn't just Time Warner. I have AT&T Uverse, and the game was suppose to be on in HD with them to..but their HD channel had a message saying "No Programming scheduled for this channel". It really sounds like a Fox Sports Ohio issue, because even the Reds game was not in Hi-Def (I get FSNO Cincinnati and Cleveland channels)

CBJFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I'm curious as well. I forgot to set the game to record before leaving for the game.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Hipster Letestu

I thought Dapper Bill sounded pretty good on TV. I've always liked him so I am somewhat biased. Rimer was below average as usual but not horrible.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:37 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

The problems are not your providers fault. They are only playing the feed that FSN gives them. Someone from FSN needs to get an ear full or maybe the team should know about this stuff and maybe they can put presser on FSN to get their act together.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
The problems are not your providers fault. They are only playing the feed that FSN gives them. Someone from FSN needs to get an ear full or maybe the team should know about this stuff and maybe they can put presser on FSN to get their act together.
I'd love to be giving that earfull, but the FSN regional websites are a freaking joke. I don't think they even HAVE contact information.

Old
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Maybe... but my problems up here also include the fact that they randomly break for commercials during the game (I say "randomly" but it almost seems like some kind of conspiracy.... it always happens when the action is picking up, and it NEVER happens during another commercial. )

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Dudley Poodlehead

Quote:
I'd love to be giving that earfull, but the FSN regional websites are a freaking joke. I don't think they even HAVE contact information.

I did shoot an email on the "contact us" link at the FSN regional website during the second period. It wound up showing up on WOW FSN HD for the 3rd period.

I was told by WOW that they have no control so I'm not sure if they "flipped the switch" or FSN finally did. Either way I'm going to contact the front office of the CBJ to see if they can get better results than we do. Hockey was made for HD and I want to make sure I'm not getting hosed out of the limited number of games they elect to show in HD. I'd look at switching to Direct TV but I see they don't have Versus.

Dudley Poodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:38 AM
bluejacketsbabe161

Send a message via AIM to bluejacketsbabe161 Send a message via Yahoo to bluejacketsbabe161
Quote:

We had the same problem. Said the same thing of FSN OH HD and we deleted the first block with football and went to watch teh second, hoping to catch the game and it was a blue screen for a second and then was like it went to the end of the recording and asked if we wanted to save, delete, etc. What the heck??

bluejacketsbabe161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 07:20 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
So...how'd Davidge sound with Rimer? Improvement? Too early to tell? Or do we miss Danny already?
I thought they were great together.

Davidge spoke concisely, but I almost lost it when he told the replay guys to "hold it right there." (and they didn't).

Rim's goatee was killer.

Some of the new productions graphics were nice.

Been watching the NHL Network guys, and I swear they all have the same voice coach.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
LaCosta Nostra

The new Jackets Ice-Breaker before the game is so much better organized than before, but that set that Ray Crawford sits in looks like someone took an hour to builld in someone's garage. And someone should have taught him how to pronounce Hannes Hyvonen prior to the broadcast.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
And someone should have taught him how to pronounce Hannes Hyvonen prior to the broadcast.
And told him Luongo didn't win the Vezina last year. Oof!

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The new Jackets Ice-Breaker before the game is so much better organized than before, but that set that Ray Crawford sits in looks like someone took an hour to builld in someone's garage. And someone should have taught him how to pronounce Hannes Hyvonen prior to the broadcast.
I remember him at channel 6 and 4 on the weekends (sports). If I heard correctly on the pre-game last night, he will only do away games? Maybe it will be both Crawford and John Michael (Raffi2), doing home games.

Crawford is definitely not a hockey person, from his gaffes at name pronounciation, to Luongo's Vezina considerations. And yes, that set of Crawfords is bad.

Last edited by Jaxs: 10-06-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Matt Foley
Meh

Wow; I never thought that I'd long for the good old days when Jim Day was the pre and post-game host, but I am. As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on the new guys, but they've got a long ways to go on the learning curve to get to where Jim was. I'll stay off their case for the foreseeable future and see if they can step up their respective performances.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

As far as John Michael is concerned, I like his approach and his hockey knowledge and awareness. Yeah, he does look like Raffi, I thought JM was Raffi's brother seeing him at the first day of training camp.

I think it was Skraut who said that they may be grooming him for Rimmer's job.

Old
10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
LaCosta Nostra

JM looks like the love-child of Gerard Gallant and Raffi Torres.

You're welcome for the visual.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
JM looks like the love-child of Gerard Gallant and Raffi Torres.

You're welcome for the visual.
Thats just wrong.

Old
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
BluejacketNut

Rimmer sounded like an old used car salesman and Davidge got pretty old with some pretty bad 1 liners....seemed to me like he was trying a little to hard to make a good impression

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:36 AM
MFRONE

I know this is a bit late but I got the game in HD on Saturday and I have ATT Uverse

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:54 AM
section 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
I know this is a bit late but I got the game in HD on Saturday and I have ATT Uverse
this

section 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Skraut

I have hockeystreams.com and last night's game was Vancouver's show in HD.

(of course opening night was in as low of a quality as possible, so you win some, and lose some.)

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Skraut

http://buckeyesaredeadlynuts.blogspo...cket-wtfs.html

An in depth examination into some of the finer points of our broadcaster's banter...

Quote:
On Kris Russell and Mike Commodore: "What a thought! Both are single, both enjoy the city of Columbus."
Are you trying to set them up with each other?

"That's quite a pair they've got in Cleveland (Shaq and Lebron). We've got their equivalent tonight in Luongo and Mason at the other end."
Yeah... no. Nothing about that comparison makes sense.

"Smart play by Mason. He ceases to amaze."
He's no longer impressive, you're used to his being smart, or you meant to say, "He never ceases to amaze?"

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote