HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Flames @ Canucks l Gm.1 l 5-3 Nucks Win

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2004, 04:37 PM
  #226
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Speaking of Canuck fans, looks like you guys really did yourselves proud last night:

As fans poured out of General Motors Place, cameras caught a Canucks fan stomping on a Flames fan.

An unidentified man wearing a Calgary jersey was punched and thrown to the ground. Then he was stomped by a Vancouver fan.

Security guards came to the man's aid, but by the time police arrived, the suspects were gone.

The Flames lost the game 5-3. Game 2 goes Friday in Vancouver.
I have to address this because it seems blown out of proportion to me.

"cameras caught a Canucks fan stomping on a Flames fan"

It sounds to me like just one Canucks fan was involved.

"An unidentified man wearing a Calgary jersey was punched and thrown to the ground. Then he was stomped by a Vancouver fan. "

Does this not sound like a fight to anyone else.

Fan A says "Your team sucks." Fan B says "No your's does."

Fan A and Fan B fight...too bad Fan B got beat up, but maybe he shouldn't have been fighting in the first place. I highly doubt an enraged Canuck mob swept through Vancouver's street beating up all those wearing Flames jerseys. We won...the only reason a fight would break out in OUR city was if some drunken idiot decided to walk into a group of Vancouver fans and start chirping them...what did he think was going to happen? A frigging tea party?

Bobby Lou is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 04:45 PM
  #227
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
I have to address this because it seems blown out of proportion to me.

"cameras caught a Canucks fan stomping on a Flames fan"

It sounds to me like just one Canucks fan was involved.

"An unidentified man wearing a Calgary jersey was punched and thrown to the ground. Then he was stomped by a Vancouver fan. "

Does this not sound like a fight to anyone else.

Fan A says "Your team sucks." Fan B says "No your's does."

Fan A and Fan B fight...too bad Fan B got beat up, but maybe he shouldn't have been fighting in the first place. I highly doubt an enraged Canuck mob swept through Vancouver's street beating up all those wearing Flames jerseys. We won...the only reason a fight would break out in OUR city was if some drunken idiot decided to walk into a group of Vancouver fans and start chirping them...what did he think was going to happen? A frigging tea party?
Or maybe a drunken idiot from Vancouver started taunting a Flames fan, and he and his buddy (all reports here say two people attacked him) jumped the Flames fan for returning fire?

Nah... All Vancouver fans are peace loving hippies that wouldnt harm a flower...

Snakeeye is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 04:49 PM
  #228
Youreallygotme
Registered User
 
Youreallygotme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Yes, and Bertuzzi is a crybaby who never could take it when he didnt get his way.

Matt Cooke is an excellent diver, and a general embarrasment to hockey.

Jovonoski spends too much time crying on the radio about fans who dont like when he and the rest of his clown crew play poorly.

Brian Burke has an ego way, way too large for a man who has never led the Canucks to any real playoff success. Ditto Crawford.


As an organization in general, and Brian Burke specifically, the Canucks have found that they can treat anyone in the media/fanbase like dirt and get away with it. These being the same media and fans that the Canucks desperately wanted to be best friends with when Vancouver was losing, and nobody gave a rats ass about the organization.

And Canucks fans tend to be the most arrogant, least informed people I've ever encountered. Especially the legion of "life long Canuck fans since 2000" in Calgary who dont even know who Stan Smyl was, let alone what his jersey number was, and whom were "lifelong" Dallas or Colorado fans in 1999.

There. That's about all of my personal opinions on the Canucks and all associated with them. Shall we move on?
Bertuzzi is a great player who too often lets his emotions get the better of him

Cooke is one of the best agitators in the league

Jovanovski phoned in to one radio phone in show. He must spend his whole life doing that then

Burke sticks up for his team no matter what. Thats why he's great. Crawford has the canucks playing an exciting style of game, and theyve improved every year under him.

Youreallygotme is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:08 PM
  #229
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: I'm bottled fizzy wa
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Nah... All Vancouver fans are peace loving hippies that wouldnt harm a flower...
Wow, you're still going ?

That loss really ticked you off didn't it ? :lol

Ol' Dirty Chinaman* is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:13 PM
  #230
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Chinaman
Wow, you're still going ?

That loss really ticked you off didn't it ? :lol
Actually, the topic has changed since you last disgraced us with your presence.

We are talking about the lowlife Canuck fans who felt it appropriate to kick and beat a Flames fan who was down on the pavement, and unable to defend himself.

Snakeeye is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:13 PM
  #231
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Or maybe a drunken idiot from Vancouver started taunting a Flames fan, and he and his buddy (all reports here say two people attacked him) jumped the Flames fan for returning fire?

Nah... All Vancouver fans are peace loving hippies that wouldnt harm a flower...
See, neither of us know exactly what happened so why don't you stop using it as ammunition against ALL Canucks fans until you get your facts straight.

You = annoying. I'm surprised Mods haven't yelled at you for personal insults and trolling yet.

Bobby Lou is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
  #232
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
See, neither of us know exactly what happened so why don't you stop using it as ammunition against ALL Canucks fans until you get your facts straight.

You = annoying. I'm surprised Mods haven't yelled at you for personal insults and trolling yet.
My facts are straight. Two Vancouver losers were caught on video beating a defenseless man who happened to be wearing a Flames jersey. What precipitated that attack may be unknown, but the action and result are.

Call me a troll all you want. My opinions are honest and as valid as any you have ever uttered. That you dont like them is not my problem.



Last edited by Snakeeye: 04-08-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Snakeeye is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:23 PM
  #233
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 50
I remember when the cameras panned the stands, there was only one guy I could see with a Flames jersey. He stuck out like a sore thumb. As for the incident, being a Flames fan outside of Calgary, I am very familiar with the territory. Most of the time peoiple know it's all in fun, ocassionally emotions get the better of us. It happens in every city.

FLAMESFAN is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:42 PM
  #234
Knucklez
Registered User
 
Knucklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Behind the bench!
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Actually, the topic has changed since you last disgraced us with your presence.

We are talking about the lowlife Canuck fans who felt it appropriate to kick and beat a Flames fan who was down on the pavement, and unable to defend himself.
You make it sound like a couple of Vancouver fans where just walking and where like "Hey! A Flames fan! Let's get him!". C'mon, this isn't a hollywood movie script. In reality, the Flames fan probably said something, or the Nucks fan said something, and they each exchanged verbal insults, then went at it. The Flames fan got his ass kicked, that doesn't mean he didn't start it, or help it along.

Knucklez is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:44 PM
  #235
Knucklez
Registered User
 
Knucklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Behind the bench!
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
It happens in every city.
Exactly. Every city where there are passionate hockey fans. Do you think tonight at the Sens/Leafs game, Leafs fans are going to walk by some Sens fans, smile and wave and say "good luck"? I don't think so.

Knucklez is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:50 PM
  #236
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: I'm bottled fizzy wa
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
I remember when the cameras panned the stands, there was only one guy I could see with a Flames jersey. He stuck out like a sore thumb. As for the incident, being a Flames fan outside of Calgary, I am very familiar with the territory. Most of the time peoiple know it's all in fun, ocassionally emotions get the better of us. It happens in every city.
Thank you.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman* is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:51 PM
  #237
islandnucker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ladysmith
Country: Poland
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklez
Exactly. Every city where there are passionate hockey fans. Do you think tonight at the Sens/Leafs game, Leafs fans are going to walk by some Sens fans, smile and wave and say "good luck"? I don't think so.
If snakeeye passed a Canuck fan in Calgary I'm sure he would

islandnucker is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:55 PM
  #238
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandnucker
If snakeeye passed a Canuck fan in Calgary I'm sure he would
Oh I would wish them luck for many things, but I suspect Mizral wouldnt appreciate me posting them.

Snakeeye is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:01 PM
  #239
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Kiprusoff was run several times as well. But the game is over. Take your W, skate to the bench. Personally, I'm disapointed that Nilson didnt send him to the dentist after that. Very low class from Cloutier, but what I expect out of the Canucks.

And yes, Vancouver only won because of the powerplay. Can't take any credit from the Canucks, but fact is, Calgary controlled the game when the teams were at even strength. If the game is called in typical playoff fashion, the Flames have a much better shot at winning. The number of powerplays does not change that.


You added about as much to this thread as I am right now, which is nothing.

Blane Youngblood is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:06 PM
  #240
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin


You added about as much to this thread as I am right now, which is nothing.
So you are saying you are worthless?

Snakeeye is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:21 PM
  #241
incawg
Registered User
 
incawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
fact is, Calgary controlled the game when the teams were at even strength. If the game is called in typical playoff fashion, the Flames have a much better shot at winning. The number of powerplays does not change that.
Controlled the game at even strength? Well, let's see here. The Canucks had a lead for 50 out of the 60 minutes of the game. Most of that time, they had a 2 goal lead. When you've got a lead and you're playing 5 on 5, your #1 priority is to stop the other team from scoring. The game ended with each team scoring one goal 5 on 5. The Canucks adapted their play 5 on 5 to a much more defensive style when they got the lead (note that Chubarov, a defensive specialist, led all forwards with 18:45 of ice time) and the Flames were unable to successfully overcome it. In fact, I would say in this regard, the Canucks outplayed the Flames at even strength. Of course, I'm sure the Flames and their fans will try to spin the game in whatever way possible to get some positives out of the game, which is understandable.

incawg is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:30 PM
  #242
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: I'm bottled fizzy wa
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
So you are saying you are worthless?
Wow, you're just like absolutely calling out the Mods to do their work.

See ya when the ban expires.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman* is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
  #243
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Chinaman
Wow, you're just like absolutely calling out the Mods to do their work.

See ya when the ban expires.
Bitter. Thats all that needs to be said.

Fedz is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:59 PM
  #244
I in the Eye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country:
Posts: 4,197
vCash: 500
:lol Snakeeye... Your posts are awesome...

Thanks for making the 1st game victory even more sweet...

I in the Eye is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:38 PM
  #245
Drury77
Registered User
 
Drury77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Clarksville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Ok everyone....

This is not what the boards are for........IF you have a problem us the exclamation report a post option or take it to pm's.

I will not tolerate personal shots, being taken at anyone.

This thread is closed and you need to stay on topic...............OF HOCKEY and the Game's played.

Drury77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.