HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Flames @ Canucks l Gm.1 l 5-3 Nucks Win

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 11:41 PM
VO #23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
An even strength goal? The referees must be pissed. They didnt get to call a penalty before that.

Ville Niemenen had better be benched for game 2. His stupidity is the difference in this game.
Yeah. Niemenen penalties have led to 3 PP goals for Vancouver.

BRING BACK LOWRY!!!!

Old
04-07-2004, 11:43 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

penalty against Vancouver, who'd a thunk it?

Old
04-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
What a strange, strange game...

I wonder if Mikka Kiprusoff will replace Turek... oh he is in net

Who'ld of thunk?

Old
04-07-2004, 11:52 PM
LaVal

this is a joke

Old
04-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Is either team double-digits in PPs yet?

Old
04-07-2004, 11:58 PM
fevernova

Calgary really needs to go back to the drawing board, that 2 man advantage was a total waste, and I'm sure inexperience had something to do with it. For god's sakes, they couldn't even get it in the zone to set it up. Hopefully they can refine these short comings for game 2, I'm sure they never expected the refs to be calling every god damn thing possible.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:59 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
Is either team double-digits in PPs yet?
Calgary has had 10 PP chances, Vancouver 6

Old
04-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Heh Cloutier is almost as bad as Belfour with those whacks, very classy!

Old
04-08-2004, 12:04 AM
fevernova

Interesting how all 4 home teams won today....and none of them were what you would call close games...

Old
04-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
What about the playoffs is classy?

Makes for a great series, I think!

Old
04-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
I don't understand. Since when are all hockey players expected to be classy?

Niemien and Ruutu aren't classy, and we love 'em for it.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:07 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fevernova
Interesting how all 4 home teams won today....and none of them were what you would call close games...
LOL is that a bad omen for tomorrow's games?

Old
04-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevernova
Calgary really needs to go back to the drawing board, that 2 man advantage was a total waste, and I'm sure inexperience had something to do with it. For god's sakes, they couldn't even get it in the zone to set it up. Hopefully they can refine these short comings for game 2, I'm sure they never expected the refs to be calling every god damn thing possible.
No, inexperience had nothing to do with it. Calgary's powerplay has always been brutal.

How in the hell we let the Canucks powerplay score 1,let alone 4, I do not know.

And seriously... Cloutier needs to get a life. He wins the game, then starts slashing guys at the end of the game? I sincerely hope he gets run bigtime in game 2. He deserves it.

At least Calgary controlled the game 5 on 5. That is a good sign if the clowns in stripes ever call a game properly.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Rotting Corpse*

The Flames run Cloutier all night, so he slashes them, and then he deserves to get run more for it?

Meh, whatever. I sure as hell hope he can control his temper though.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Quote:
At least Calgary controlled the game 5 on 5. That is a good sign if the clowns in stripes ever call a game properly.
I take exception to this comment for only one reason:

Flames PPs: 10
Canucks PPs: 6
Flames 2MAs: 2
Canucks 2MAs: 0

Please don't make it sound like the Canucks only won cause they were on the PP all night.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:10 AM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:
No, inexperience had nothing to do with it. Calgary's powerplay has always been brutal.

How in the hell we let the Canucks powerplay score 1,let alone 4, I do not know.

And seriously... Cloutier needs to get a life. He wins the game, then starts slashing guys at the end of the game? I sincerely hope he gets run bigtime in game 2. He deserves it.

trust me. The last thing you want to worry about his Cloutier having no life. I am sure he has a lot of life with the 3M that he is getting.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:12 AM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:

please, Canucks is a much better team on paper.

Calgary controlled the 5 on 5 most of the game?

:lol

Now you are focusing on the "offensive power" of the Calgary instead of "superb defense + godly Goaltending"?

Old
04-08-2004, 12:12 AM
OMA

Absolutley brutal reffing both ways. Just terrible.

As expected the Canucks came out strong in the 1st game. Good for them.

You have to like how Calgary was so resilient. They fought back, that'll surely build confidence. They were the better team 5-on-5 tonight. That's how the need to play to win (assuming we get normal reffing next game). I thought they outworked Vancouver, but couldn't get the goal when they needed it the most.

Credit the Canucks for capitalizing on their chances though, they scored when they got their chances. They were extremely opportunistic. You can call that "playoff experience" if you'd like. I call that an extremely skilled club. They made Calgary pay, and that's why they won.

So in short, Credit Vancouver for the win. Credit Calgary for the resiliency

Just terrible reffing tonight, i can't get over it. It wasn't even bad one way.. both ways.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:13 AM
ZombieMatt

Quote:

Um....Cloutier did get run big time.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:14 AM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA

You have to like how Calgary was so resilient. They fought back, that'll surely build confidence. They were the better team 5-on-5 tonight. That's how the need to play to win (assuming we get normal reffing next game). I thought they outworked Vancouver, but couldn't get the goal when they needed it the most.

Credit the Canucks for capitalizing on their chances though, they scored when they had to. You can call that "playoff experience" if you'd like. I call that an extremely skilled club.

Just terrible reffing tonight, i can't get over it. It wasn't even bad one way.. both ways.

Someone should kill those officials...

Old
04-08-2004, 12:14 AM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA

Credit the Canucks for capitalizing on their chances though, they scored when they got their chances. They were extremely opportunistic. You can call that "playoff experience" if you'd like. I call that an extremely skilled club. They made Calgary pay, and that's why they won.

So in short, Credit Vancouver for the win. Credit Calgary for the resiliency

I definitely agree with everything you said there.

Calgary proved that they will not go away no matter what. You get the impression this team could be down 3-0 in the series and 7-0 in the third period and still going down to block shots.

The Flames are a gritty team who is going to play every minute hard.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
The Flames run Cloutier all night, so he slashes them, and then he deserves to get run more for it?

Meh, whatever. I sure as hell hope he can control his temper though.
Kiprusoff was run several times as well. But the game is over. Take your W, skate to the bench. Personally, I'm disapointed that Nilson didnt send him to the dentist after that. Very low class from Cloutier, but what I expect out of the Canucks.

And yes, Vancouver only won because of the powerplay. Can't take any credit from the Canucks, but fact is, Calgary controlled the game when the teams were at even strength. If the game is called in typical playoff fashion, the Flames have a much better shot at winning. The number of powerplays does not change that.

Old
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
And seriously... Cloutier needs to get a life. He wins the game, then starts slashing guys at the end of the game? I sincerely hope he gets run bigtime in game 2.
Me too, and I hope the Flames get called every time. 6 more PPs for us every game would be great.

Old
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA
You have to like how Calgary was so resilient. They fought back, that'll surely build confidence......

I agree about the reffing...it was just foolish.

I'd also like to compliment the Canucks resilience in not loosing it completely after Calgary tied it up off of two quick goals. We had problems with collapsing after something like that against Minnesota last year and if we can learn to handle close games like that I think we'll do pretty well.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Kiprusoff was run several times as well. But the game is over. Take your W, skate to the bench. Personally, I'm disapointed that Nilson didnt send him to the dentist after that. Very low class from Cloutier, but what I expect out of the Canucks.

And yes, Vancouver only won because of the powerplay. Can't take any credit from the Canucks, but fact is, Calgary controlled the game when the teams were at even strength. If the game is called in typical playoff fashion, the Flames have a much better shot at winning. The number of powerplays does not change that.
Uhh...you guys had more PP's then us. Is it our fault if our special teams are superior to yours? If Calgary's PP and PK looks like that all series......

Closed Thread