HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

HFNHL Openings

Old
09-29-2009, 12:38 AM
norton17

vCash: 500
HFNHL Openings

I was wondering if any teams were open in the HFNHL?
I was actually an original member but stepped away years ago but am looking to get back into online hockey and thought what better place to start than with HFNHL?

norton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton17 View Post
I was wondering if any teams were open in the HFNHL?
I was actually an original member but stepped away years ago but am looking to get back into online hockey and thought what better place to start than with HFNHL?
This is a timely post. I believe the Flyers are available and there might be another team or two coming available in the month ahead. The Flyers have a ton of assets and also three #1 picks next year, so it would be a fun team to re-start with.

I believe there is a link to apply (or in your case re-apply) on our home page on the left hand nav bar.

Worst case, getting on the waiting list will put you in a position to grab a team in the months ahead.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
TorontoGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
This is a timely post. I believe the Flyers are available and there might be another team or two coming available in the month ahead.
Is that a hint?

TorontoGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Chuzwazza

Hi guys. just to let you know that Cohen has decided to step down from the Ottawa Senators due to his time constraints etc. I'm sure he'll be on here some time in the near future to do it formally, but I thought I'd give you the heads up so that we can start looking at filling the position and giving another GM as much time as possible to trade Luongo before the season starts! LOL

Chuzwazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

OK, I guess we can officially open this can of worms up now.

We are looking for new G.M.'s for Philadelphia and Ottawa.

We've gotten a couple applications already, but we always welcome more since no decision has been made yet.

To apply, simply visit here and follow the steps.

http://www.hfnhl.com/apply.html

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
islanders

Send a message via ICQ to islanders
Do you think we can sort out the ownership sooner rather than later so ther new GM have an opportunity to participate and get the feel for the league.

islanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders View Post
Do you think we can sort out the ownership sooner rather than later so ther new GM have an opportunity to participate and get the feel for the league.
Its all happening. But of course we're limited by the quality of applicants, so if you know of people who would be good fits, or if any AGM's want to step up, now is the time. Two good franchises are available that have talent and assets.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Fooladelfia

Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Openings

Im the Islanders agm. Did you receive my application? Matt or Brock?

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvy1975 View Post
Im the Islanders agm. Did you receive my application? Matt or Brock?
Alvaro, We did received your application. I know Matt is taking a look at everything as we speak and he should have a decision on this soon. Obviously things look good for you considering your obvious desire to be a part of the league.

Old
10-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
Its all happening. But of course we're limited by the quality of applicants, so if you know of people who would be good fits, or if any AGM's want to step up, now is the time. Two good franchises are available that have talent and assets.
It feels like forever ago i was a scouting consultant for Tony's Nashville Predators, but i remember i got my first pick at Phoenix, Montreal or Atlanta, i'm happy with my selection, and glad i was able to get into what i honestly believe is the best fantasy hockey league there is out there on the net.

Atleast he was able to get one good sleeper out of me that year in Dustin Jeffrey. But I also remember one sleeper that failed on him: Parker Van Buskirk (however he showed in his overage season how good he could have been, Sarnia just screwed his development right up) but he has gone pro. So to those that don't get in but really want to be in this league step up and offer to be an AGM, especially if the AGM's get the openings there will likely be a few teams looking for some.

It's a great way to get your foot in the door, and if you are very knowledgeable about hockey it will show through and your GM's will likely vouch for you in that regard.

With that said i'm not really looking for an AGM i'm pretty independent and opinionated on how I run my team so an AGM may become frustrated with my lack of ability to take direction from others, however i am looking for a few scouting consultants. I have a wealth of information on the OHL but really lack in terms of in-depth information on the WHL, QMJHL and USA systems. So anyone who covers and see's these leagues regularly if you would like to join my team as a scouting consultant, i could exchange that for the information i put together on the OHL, since i'm sure most people interested in this league are in another one.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 05:38 PM
InCoggNito

Send a message via MSN to InCoggNito
any teams available in this league? if so id be intrested

InCoggNito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCoggNito View Post
any teams available in this league? if so id be intrested
Did you read the thread or just post to it? Knowing how to read is a real good thing in this league.

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 08:42 PM
RedWingsLegacy

Just wanting to check if you guys got my application?

RedWingsLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
RedWingsLegacy

Sorry to bother you guys im just wonder approximately how long till we hear back on who the new GMs are?

RedWingsLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings AGM View Post
Sorry to bother you guys im just wonder approximately how long till we hear back on who the new GMs are?
I'm imagining Matt will make a decision about the openings rather soon. I know we talked about it a couple weeks ago, so I'm sure he's close to a decision.

Old
11-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Fooladelfia

Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Hfnhl openings.

I think it will be better for the gm that take care of a team to get in the soon as possible.

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote