HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Will Be This Year's Unmerited/Undeserved Whipping Boy?

View Poll Results: This Year's Umerited Whipping Boy Will Be...?
Stralman (PP quarterback) 7 9.33%
Modin (Injuries) 19 25.33%
Chimera (Past offsides) 8 10.67%
Huselius (Goalposts) 8 10.67%
Klesla (Returning Champion) 14 18.67%
Other (explain below) 19 25.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Aging Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Folks, this was meant to be a way to poke fun at our own groupthink habits, not encourage them. Let's not continue down that road, 'kay? There's enough places for that mishegaas.
Now don't try and take the thread back on topic

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:04 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Folks, this was meant to be a way to poke fun at our own groupthink habits, not encourage them. Let's not continue down that road, 'kay? There's enough places for that mishegaas.
Amen.

Back to the subject of whipping boys....

My vote is for Nikita Filatov. I've seen that boy without his shirt...(thank you Lord!) .. and I gotta tell ya...I don't give a crap whether he can skate or NOT. That's just a bonus to me.

If there is a line for whipping him, I'm gonna be at the front of it!!

And let's leave my Trusty Rusty alone this year. Please. Last time I looked he was playing on OUR team. Save the venom for the opponent.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Brassard Calder

I think it will end up being either one or both of Modin and Chimmer.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Amen.

Back to the subject of whipping boys....

My vote is for Nikita Filatov. I've seen that boy without his shirt...(thank you Lord!) .. and I gotta tell ya...I don't give a crap whether he can skate or NOT. That's just a bonus to me.

If there is a line for whipping him, I'm gonna be at the front of it!!

And let's leave my Trusty Rusty alone this year. Please. Last time I looked he was playing on OUR team. Save the venom for the opponent.
Truely, I love your posts...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

Modin.

Seriously...on the IR again?

Seriously?

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:25 PM
GreaterGood

Send a message via Skype™ to GreaterGood
I voted OTHER.

Some in the crowd will choose to blather on tirelessly about how everything is to be blamed on Coach Hitchcock. When they get riled up the mantra of uninformed comments will roll on out about playing defense first and yadda yadda yadda.

GreaterGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Truely, I love your posts...
LOL Well, I'm glad you do.

While I've got your attention, Robert, dear, we need to talk about this thing you have with my Baby Boller this year. Now, because I do so like you, I'm gonna warn you that Jared Boll is like my favorite man in the whole wide world. He's the reason I'm a Jacket's fan. That's right. Jared Boll. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love him all his life. So I don't like it when I come on here to my favorite board in the whole wide world and see people who's opinions I value chopping at the ankles of the baby Boller. That just hurts my feelings. And then when my feelings get hurt, then I get pissy and we really don't want that cause, you know, I am a Cougar, which means not only do I have the excuse of PMS, but also, if I stretch it a little, menopause. Those two combined with my blind loyalty to said boy who absolutely can do no wrong, makes me wild. We don't want that in a bad way. Mkay?

Any of the rest of you, feel free to insert your name in the above. I do so like all of you...but I absolutely LOVE baby Jared.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilliardsw55 View Post
Modin.

Seriously...on the IR again?

Seriously?
Hey Hillard!! Yes. He's on the IR. He got hurt that same night Chimera did and looks like it's gonna be a while before he comes back. Those knee issues are painful and take a long time to heal.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:

While I've got your attention, Robert, dear, we need to talk about this thing you have with my Baby Boller this year. Now, because I do so like you, I'm gonna warn you that Jared Boll is like my favorite man in the whole wide world. He's the reason I'm a Jacket's fan. That's right. Jared Boll. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love him all his life. So I don't like it when I come on here to my favorite board in the whole wide world and see people who's opinions I value chopping at the ankles of the baby Boller. That just hurts my feelings. And then when my feelings get hurt, then I get pissy and we really don't want that cause, you know, I am a Cougar, which means not only do I have the excuse of PMS, but also, if I stretch it a little, menopause. Those two combined with my blind loyalty to said boy who absolutely can do no wrong, makes me wild. We don't want that in a bad way. Mkay?

Any of the rest of you, feel free to insert your name in the above. I do so like all of you...but I absolutely LOVE baby Jared.
I knew I would get a lashing from you about Boll... I had to make a call on players and he was my cut. Nothing against him personally but I think he has out lived his usefulness with the general increase of team talent we are seeing. Some or even many may disagree with me but that's the way I see it.

But now that the roster is set I'll be pulling for him to win all of his fights, be heavy on that tiny puck, play well in tight places and generally intimidate as many opponent players as possible.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Xoggz22

I'll probably be complaining about Chimera's hands and off sides as well as Modin's fragility, however, I think many will complain that Filatov doesn't live up to the hype. I think he's expected to score 60 pts or more or he's a failure. I just hope he learns the game, contributes and improves as the year goes on so he's scoring 60 pts or more for 10 years to come in a CBJ sweater.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:31 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

I'll vote for Pluckfur.

Say what you want, it's always a joy to see her ripping into someone on the mains.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:40 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I knew I would get a lashing from you about Boll... I had to make a call on players and he was my cut. Nothing against him personally but I think he has out lived his usefulness with the general increase of team talent we are seeing. Some or even many may disagree with me but that's the way I see it.

But now that the roster is set I'll be pulling for him to win all of his fights, be heavy on that tiny puck, play well in tight places and generally intimidate as many opponent players as possible.
Yeah you knew that lashing was coming, didn't ya? *smack, smack* Nah, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. LOL I wanna see Baby Boller have the year of his life too. He's been working on it. He's gonna surpise you, Robert!!

I just slipped on my favorite pair of jeans and a jersey to head downtown to the local game so I'm not ignoring you. Be nice!! LOL

Old
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
RDriesenUD

Filatov.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

I was going to say Kallio but then remembered the title said undeserved. Then I was going to say me but, well, that's probably legit too.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
No, much worse... Pushor.
I wasn't paying attention during Pushor's legacy of woe. Christian Backman, on the other hand...

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I was going to say Kallio but then remembered the title said undeserved. Then I was going to say me but, well, that's probably legit too.
If we're talking about posters, Timeless Winter and it's not even close. It's been two years since the Brad Richards nontrade and he still takes crap for it.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Skraut

The War Room

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Other, And I have 2 people

1. Pahlsson - I hope he isn't as offensively dormant as people say, Hopefully he can shut down Chicago and Detroits top lines, But eh I hope he can contribute more than that.

2. Commodore - Always looking for the big check, He needs to play better, Hopefully I can remove him but if he returns as the Commodore of the playoffs, Hes mine for sure.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
The War Room
Again, that would be totally merited and deserved.

I thought it was funny that the War Room wasn't up and running pre-season. Yeah, because those guys are so good they don't need any practice.

They should have spent the summer getting Lasik surgery and watching all their botched calls from last year.

We got rid of in-house goal judges for this?

Alright, need to do some yoga to get the blood pressure back to the normal zone.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
CateLeigh

Quote:

LOL!!!! you are my hero

CateLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 5000
My vote goes to Jeff Rimer

For those of you who doubt me, just wait until Saturday night's telecast

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
My vote goes to Jeff Rimer

For those of you who doubt me, just wait until Saturday night's telecast
I'll be with Jeff many games this season but the first will not be one of them. I will miss all of the FSNO pre game stuff though..., and Rimers intro which is almost always good.

He's sporting a new hockey beard this season, that in it self is worth a peak...

Old
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

The whipping has already begun and the target of our undeserved ire this season has been and will be Jared Boll.

He is what he is. He has an important role to play in a division and conference where toughness is required. Barring significant injuries to our lineup though, I still expect him to spend quite a few nights in the pressbox.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Aging Goalie

OT but does anyone else ever feel like your best one liners get lost at the end of a page of posts never to be truely enjoyed? Meh....probably really just means that they weren't very good anyhow

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
The whipping has already begun and the target of our undeserved ire this season has been and will be Jared Boll.

He is what he is. He has an important role to play in a division and conference where toughness is required. Barring significant injuries to our lineup though, I still expect him to spend quite a few nights in the pressbox.
And if Boll is in the press box, who, pray tell, will be policing the on ice chaos?