HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Will Be This Year's Unmerited/Undeserved Whipping Boy?

View Poll Results: This Year's Umerited Whipping Boy Will Be...?
Stralman (PP quarterback) 7 9.33%
Modin (Injuries) 19 25.33%
Chimera (Past offsides) 8 10.67%
Huselius (Goalposts) 8 10.67%
Klesla (Returning Champion) 14 18.67%
Other (explain below) 19 25.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
And if Boll is in the press box, who, pray tell, will be policing the on ice chaos?
The refs, of course.

*runs away*

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:22 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
The refs, of course.

*runs away*

Don't forget the War Room!! We KNOW they are watching...

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:22 PM
CateLeigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
The whipping has already begun and the target of our undeserved ire this season has been and will be Jared Boll.

He is what he is. He has an important role to play in a division and conference where toughness is required. Barring significant injuries to our lineup though, I still expect him to spend quite a few nights in the pressbox.
Key word undeserved

You go get em' Cougar - I got your back

CateLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:36 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateLeigh View Post
Key word undeserved

You go get em' Cougar - I got your back

Thank you Ma'am!! LOL We have a great bunch here but that dog won't hunt! The boy gets his face smacked around for this team. Let's have a little respect!

Old
09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
The boy gets his face smacked around for this team. Let's have a little respect!
That is a good point... I won't go into my Shelley love, no need. It's your boy that is on our team. Good post.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
That is a good point... I won't go into my Shelley love, no need. It's your boy that is on our team. Good post.
You're a sweetheart

Old
09-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
Nash won't be leading hard enough.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
There's a reason Boll is a whipping boy, he's not a very good hockey player. The heart is there, the talent unfortunately is not.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:59 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
There's a reason Boll is a whipping boy, he's not a very good hockey player. The heart is there, the talent unfortunately is not.
And yet he's still on the team....unlike how many other wanna be's?

Old
09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
And yet he's still on the team....unlike how many other wanna be's?
Your in battle now girl....you need more than that. Come on, how about some Matthew Barnaby comparisons. .

Old
09-30-2009, 12:19 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Your in battle now girl... You need more than that. Come on, how about some Matthew Barnaby comparisons. .
LOL Oh, he just likes to aggravate me. He's alright. Him and his pickles. Ol' sourpuss...

Old
09-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
LOL Oh, he just likes to aggravate me. He's alright. Him and his pickles. Ol' sourpuss...
Actually he is alright with me also, even though his one liner swords should be outlawed I'll step aside.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I don't have a problem with Cougar or anyone defending Boll, I defended Zherdev for years and still do, but I don't expect everyone to like Z.
If Boll has a good year, I'll tell you right now Cougar you can make fun of me all ya want, I won't mind it.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Cougar or anyone defending Boll, I defended Zherdev for years and still do, but I don't expect everyone to like Z.
If Boll has a good year, I'll tell you right now Cougar you can make fun of me all ya want, I won't mind it.
Wow, two lines, great job...

It's late but we are way off topic unless I say Boll needs to get his butt whipped if he can't do something to PREVENT goals against.

That said, he could be the whipping boy this year but I highly doubt it.., there will be bigger fish to fry in the first few months.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:42 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
See! I told ya. He's alright.

I guess you're right, TW. I do expect everyone to like the guys on the team. Like everyone else I have my favorites and I don't like them to be picked on. Let's face it, whether I like someone or not, they have a job in the NHL, with the big boys, and if I can't quite see why, then I have to trust the coaches do. I just hate that negative crap. Ever since I've been a Jacket's fan, I've had to listen to so much ***** from others, I just don't want to see that spread to my own team buddies. Ya know? Let other people take shots at our guys, not us. One of the things I love most about hockey is that code of honor. I guess I just offer our team the same respect that the game is built around.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
See! I told ya. He's alright.

I guess you're right, TW. I do expect everyone to like the guys on the team. Like everyone else I have my favorites and I don't like them to be picked on. Let's face it, whether I like someone or not, they have a job in the NHL, with the big boys, and if I can't quite see why, then I have to trust the coaches do. I just hate that negative crap. Ever since I've been a Jacket's fan, I've had to listen to so much ***** from others, I just don't want to see that spread to my own team buddies. Ya know? Let other people take shots at our guys, not us. One of the things I love most about hockey is that code of honor. I guess I just offer our team the same respect that the game is built around.
I'm on thin ice here but I hear ya.... in the end all that counts are wins and what our players do to contribute to those wins. Who gets whipped is a great thought, I already said how cool this thread is. Truth be told we will only whip those who do nothing to contribute to wins and that cannot be determined right now.. that's all I left for tonight..out.

Old
09-30-2009, 03:13 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I voted Stralman. I think Hitch will begin to give an opportunity s Backman at the last season. But inside of Backman, Stralman will be a good PPQB. Besides, he carries the hockey-stick in the right hand what we need for our PP. But I think Filatov and Picard (if they will get a chance) will supriese us. And pleasantly.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:40 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

Amazed no votes for Hitch.. he must be basking in the

"Love".. wait till he changes his 1st set of lines

I agree w/ the poster that said Modin is too easy of a target.. he's generally limping so he's easier to hit but I will save "whipping boy status for those actually playing"

I will defend Filatov and any fans who support him.. because he represents a skill set we haven't had. IMO he is better then Stamkos "gasp", and represents the next "pavel bure - type sniper skills". After having so many grinders that can't find the net it is a pleasure to see a Jacket player actually be able to hit his targets.. feed him the puck, and provide help to cover his defensive liabilities.."Tom Brady isn't a mobile qb.. that's why NE has always had a great line" I don't care if he's Russian, Canadian, or Swede.. the kid has an elite skill set, but will need NHL time to mature. Point of reference.. Patrick Kane doesn't play the 3 or 4th line.

so I will select Chimera.. named after the animal that can change shapes.. I hope Chimera can change as well.. slowing down just a pinch when he shoots so he doesn't waste opportunities.. or at the blue line so he isn't constantly off sides

and Juice.. just a smidge to the right or left..

Last edited by LetsGOJackets!!: 09-30-2009 at 03:47 AM.
LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:36 AM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

I'm sticking with Backman Turnover Drive. I still have nightmares of him making the first pass out of the zone.

Now THERE'S your undeserved whipping boy.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Jimayo

Quote:
I'm on thin ice here but I hear ya.... in the end all that counts are wins and what our players do to contribute to those wins. Who gets whipped is a great thought, I already said how cool this thread is. Truth be told we will only whip those who, in our opinions, do nothing to contribute to wins and that cannot be determined right now.. that's all I left for tonight..out.
Fixed.

Jimayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:04 AM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
And if Boll is in the press box, who, pray tell, will be policing the on ice chaos?
Dorsett. He's a better fighter.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
When I mention this problem I'm told it's old, lame, beating a dead horse...whatever. But I'm obviously not the only one who can see that the Jackets lack toughness.

This is the way they want it, Hitch & Howson. They don't believe in the rough play and traded/released all the tough guys. Well let's see how this works out in a league tougher than ever before.

Boll is definitely a whipping boy, simply because he can't fight. He throws some wild haymakers hoping they connect, and he has no guard. Dorsett lacks size, he gets ragdolled by the big guys. Will help a little if Sestito makes the team though.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:42 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
I don't see Dorsett winning many fights, though. Boll will win some.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:43 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
When I mention this problem I'm told it's old, lame, beating a dead horse...whatever. But I'm obviously not the only one who can see that the Jackets lack toughness.

This is the way they want it, Hitch & Howson. They don't believe in the rough play and traded/released all the tough guys. Well let's see how this works out in a league tougher than ever before.

Boll is definitely a whipping boy, simply because he can't fight. He throws some wild haymakers hoping they connect, and he has no guard. Dorsett lacks size, he gets ragdolled by the big guys. Will help a little if Sestito makes the team though.
Press box toughness doesn't matter, which is where Tolly was a lot last year.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:50 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
I think Boll is better fighter but I think we should buy some fighter. For example McIntyre from Oilers when we have such friendly relations with it. Besides, McIntyre is better fighter than Boll and Dorsett together.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote