HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Matt Frattin

Old
09-28-2009, 10:10 AM
oneleafsfan

vCash: 500
Matt Frattin

Anyone know whether he has signed a contract yet? Just wondering if he'll be finishing school or if he's going to play hockey this year. We've all done dumb things at that age but that being said I hope the guy isn't another Bryan Fogerty.

oneleafsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
MLHS Joe C

No way he gets a contract right now. He'll either sit out the year and play next season or he'll play in the ECHL/IHL/UHL and lose his NCAA eligibility.

MLHS Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
HariKari

He was kicked off his team, wasn't he?

HariKari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
MLHS Joe C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
He was kicked off his team, wasn't he?
For a year. If he's good until then, they'll review his case and he'll most likely be back.

MLHS Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:11 PM
sfo

I'm a North Dakota alum and all indications seem to be that Frattin's still at UND, enrolled in school. That is just speculation, though. Most of the UND fanbase don't seem to think he will ever play for UND again, BUT the fact that he hasn't signed a contract yet gives me the impression he'll stay in school and try to get reinstated. I'm not sure how much eligibility he would have left as I know you get so many years to use up 4 years of eligibility. I'll ask around when I'm in Grand Forks for their regular season opener next weekend -- I have a few connections to the team so I might be able to get some answers.

sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
sfo

For those interested, Frattin update:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

If you can't access the article, the jist of it is that Frattin is currently at home in Edmonton for the semester, but may return to school for the spring semester, but won't be able to play until next season. It sounds pretty likely he'll be back on UND's roster next season if things go well this year.

sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Number13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
For those interested, Frattin update:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

If you can't access the article, the jist of it is that Frattin is currently at home in Edmonton for the semester, but may return to school for the spring semester, but won't be able to play until next season. It sounds pretty likely he'll be back on UND's roster next season if things go well this year.
What a mess. His hockey career is over.

Number13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:37 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

For a middling prospect, I'd be sure to get my degree rather than take a long shot approach to the NHL through minor pro leagues.

If he's still committed to hockey, he'll stay in shape and play hockey when he can... but we can pretty much write him off as a prospect at this point.

Too bad because he was starting to get his scoring groove last year. He's an idiot.

AlienWorkShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:23 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWorkShop View Post
For a middling prospect, I'd be sure to get my degree rather than take a long shot approach to the NHL through minor pro leagues.

If he's still committed to hockey, he'll stay in shape and play hockey when he can... but we can pretty much write him off as a prospect at this point.

Too bad because he was starting to get his scoring groove last year. He's an idiot.
how old is he?i got an overage spot available at great junior c team inn ontario ..lol

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote