HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welcome to the Islanders Schremp! *Link in post #6*

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

vCash: 500
He better take advantage of this opportunity. I'm not a fan of this move at all unless he changes his attitude.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
supeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Will he play tonight? Is the game being televised?

Old
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
bioman22

Nice moves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwovbIyPYJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUKCX...eature=related

Old
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
ca phe sua da
Craig's on it

Can you also take Nisson and Staois? Please?

No doubt some of you will find the youtube footage of his shootouts but his 5-5 play is terrible. He doesn't backcheck... he cherrypicks. He's also slow.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeez View Post
Will he play tonight? Is the game being televised?
Nope and nope.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...files-1.812028
Quote:
Schremp is driving down to Long Island from Fulton, NY this afternoon (about a five-hour drive) but will not be at tonight's game against the Devils in New Jersey. He'll likely join his new teammates tomorrow.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Renbarg

the game is televised, on MSG+ probably the jersey crew though.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
What ever

Old
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
OilerLord

Congratulations Isle fans.

Schremp is an enigma, but there is no doubt thathe has great skill.

It can be argued that MacT did not give him a fair shake, and it could also be argued that Robbie did not help his chances due to his unwillingness to adapt his game.

I believe that RS will be a player, I wish him luck.

Congratulations!

Old
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps527 View Post
the game is televised, on MSG+ probably the jersey crew though.
Where did you see that?

as per MSG's site:

MSG
7:00 'Dashboard Confessional' - MSG Concert ...
8:00 Road to MSG: Chicago
MSG Plus
8:00 UEFA Champions League 09- 10 #10: Range...
10:30 The Final Score

Old
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
Where did you see that?

as per MSG's site:

MSG
7:00 'Dashboard Confessional' - MSG Concert ...
8:00 Road to MSG: Chicago
MSG Plus
8:00 UEFA Champions League 09- 10 #10: Range...
10:30 The Final Score

hmm guess its not.

I saw it in the paper yesterday.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
hmm guess its not.

http://atdhe.net/

NYI v NJD is listed. hopefully it's on MSG+.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Isles Junkie

oh and just incase the game isn't on TV. I know it's on WFAN.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Spartan117

This is where hockey futures ranked Schremp in the Oilers system. Hope he's higher up in the Islanders for your sake.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/edmonton_oilers

Old
09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Good move, high reward with next to no risk. Playing besides a true pro like Weight will really help his career and he will really help your young goalscorers like Okposo and Tavares if played together. He's been mostly at LW the last 2 seasons, but is a natural center, he also played the RW at camp this year. Nice to see him going home to try and reclaim his career. Best of luck to him and the Isles.
Ladies

BBo is the BIGGEST Schremp fan on this site

his love is the reasion why he has that avator and why he is on the leaf

Any question he is the guy toi ask

Old
09-29-2009, 05:02 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
hmm guess its not.

well, doesnt mean its not on...the "hockeyville" game wasnt listed on msg+ either....it was boxing and some other garbage. well see i guess. sucks that there were 2 friggin games on out of the seemingly 30 preseason games they played

Old
09-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
I'm a Schremp fan and I think he's going to become a solid NHL player yet.

The guy has the ability to put up points, but not much else. He also seemed like more of an "East" player than a "West" player, where they play a slightly more physical/gritty game.

Nonetheless, I think he'll put up 40+ points this season if given the ice time. Plus he's a New York guy, so I'm happy to see him go home.
And I just posted on the main board, if Schremp scores 15-20 goals and wracks up 35-40 points...and NYI finishes dead last in goals against and in the league's overall standing, with RS, contributing ot that as well, some fans will deem this garage sale pickup a success...

...With a straight face, no doubt.

Old
09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
And I just posted on the main board, if Schremp scores 15-20 goals and wracks up 35-40 points...and NYI finishes dead last in goals against and in the league's overall standing, with RS, contributing ot that as well, some fans will deem this garage sale pickup a success...

True, but I trust Gordon's ability to develop young players. Plenty of example of Boston developed players, and you can already start to see development of Nielsen, Okposo, even Gervais etc.

Old
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
True, but I trust Gordon's ability to develop young players. Plenty of example of Boston developed players, and you can already start to see development of Nielsen, Okposo, even Gervais etc.
I'm not nearly as impressed as some about the first and third player you list there. But we'll see.

Look, I'm biased. Everything I've ever read and heard about this guy from those I trust says no thanks. And I'll take the enigmatic, limited, underachieving LW with speed and hockey sense (Tambellini) over the slow,, underachieving, forward with no speed and very limited hockey sense eight days a week. Among the mush on the main board, there is a great post differentiating between hockey skill and hockey sense. Find a single person of knowledge who will suggest that Schremp possesses the latter. Combined with faulty wheels, you have waiver wire fodder that some are heralding as "a superb pickup for the Powerplay!" Yipee. Who's going to play winning hockey 5 on 5 for this team?

Answer: Didn't think so.

And I simply do not like treating a roster - even a rebuilllllllding one - as a Last Chance Saloon for waiver wire trash. Yes, you win the lottery occasionally. However, one should be very cautious.

Personally, I hope to be proven very wrong. It is however, REMARKABLE the extent to which some NYI fans disregard the basic elements of the game in evaluating players - on a team that has lacked the BASIC elements, let along the obvious ones, for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIschremp44 View Post
Its about time been waiting since 2000 for this....
THIS....is Islander Country.

I've landed on Mars...Reading posts "congratulating" NYI on a waiver claim of a lifetime AHLer. Can't make this **** up!

Last edited by Trottier: 09-29-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old
09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Renbarg

Quote:

Its really hard to otherwise judge individual success in a team sport. One should obviously try to view it as: Did the player have a positive net impact on goals and if so by how much. To me, that is individual success and it probably won't show up on the scoresheet all the time. But unless you are watching the team night in and night out the scoresheet is all you have. Even if a player has a lot of goals scored against while he is on the ice placing blame on him is very subjective.

Last edited by Renbarg: 09-29-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old
09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

Quote:
I'm not nearly as impressed as some about the first and third player you list there. But we'll see.

Look, I'm biased. Everything I've ever read and heard about this guy from those I trust says no thanks. And I'll take the enigmatic, limited, underachieving LW with speed and hockey sense (Tambellini) over the slow,, underachieving, forward with no speed and very limited hockey sense eight days a week. Among the mush on the main board, there is a great post differentiating between hockey skill and hockey sense. Find a single person of knowledge who will suggest that Schremp possesses the latter. Combined with faulty wheels, you have waiver wire that some are heralding as "a superb pickup for the Powerplay!" Yipee. Who's going to play winning hockey 5 on 5 for this team?

Answer: Didn't think so.

And I simply do not like treating a roster - even a rebuilllllllding one - as a Last Chance Saloon for waiver wire trash. Yes, you win the lottery occasionally. However, one should be very cautious.

Personally, I hope to be proven very wrong. It is however, REMARKABLE the extent to which some NYI fans disregard the basic elements of the game in evaluating players - on a team that has lacked the BASIC elements, let along the obvious ones, for years.

THIS....is Islander Country.

I've landed on Mars...Reading posts "congratulating" NYI on a waiver claim of a lifetime AHLer. Can't make this **** up!
This post says it all, especially the bolded part. Maybe more fanboys would care if defense played a vital role in their fantasy hockey leagues.

Old
09-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Its really hard to otherwise judge individual success in a team sport. One should obviously try to view it as: Did the player have a positive net impact on goals and if so by how much. To me, that is individual success and it probably won't show up on the scoresheet all the time. But unless you are watching the team night in and night out the scoresheet is the scoresheet is all you have. Even if a player has a lot of goals scored against while he is on the ice placing blame on him is very subjective.
With regard to your last sentence: I agree that +/- is a flawed stat, however, if you are on the ice for a lot of 5 on 5 goal, it is no coincidence, nor is it subjective. You are contributing to inferior play. (Nothing personal, but why do Isles fans ALWAYS find excuses for crappy players and plays?)

Next, I agree with the rest of your post...which is why some posters will react happily to a Schremp 15-35 season, with NYI finishing wretched once again as stated, and his lack of speed, and hockey sense contributing to another year of embarassment on those othhhhhher two (non-sexy) portions of the ice.

Why would anyone be excited about this move? Not suggesting it's worth getting bummed about, by any means. And as an NYI fan, I hope that Schremp suddenly acquires the traits that he lacks and which are why he has never cracked an NHL lineup for more than a few games. But discovering speed and hockey sense at his age is asking a lot. A real lot.

But elated? (And read this thread.) Sorry, that's ridiculous.

This is a terribly flawed player (and he is flawed in every area of the ice, according to those who watch him)...Wouldn't know it, however.

Last edited by Trottier: 09-29-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old
09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
With regard to your last sentence: I agree that +/1 is a flawed stat, however, if you are on the ice for a lot of 5 on 5 goal, it is no coincidence, nor is it subjective. It is inferior play. (Nothing personal, but why do Isles fans ALWAYS find excuses for crappy players and plays?)
I could not disagree more. You have five other guys out there with you. In hockey on defense, you are supposed to do your job, whether it is to cover the point, the slot, whatever. It is not you fault if you center misses his assignment or the D man is inept. Sure you can cover for the guy but than you (the team) are at a big disadvantage. This is true for bad teams. Richard Park has been on the ice for his share of goals that would have never in a million years happened in Minnesota, that does not mean he is a poor defensive player, it just means he is on a poor defensive team. So just because you are on the ice for a lot of 5on5 goals doesn't make them your fault and therefore makes each situation subjective.

Old
09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
RWWallpaper

Quote:
With regard to your last sentence: I agree that +/- is a flawed stat, however, if you are on the ice for a lot of 5 on 5 goal, it is no coincidence, nor is it subjective. You are contributing to inferior play. (Nothing personal, but why do Isles fans ALWAYS find excuses for crappy players and plays?)

Next, I agree with the rest of your post...which is why some posters will react happily to a Schremp 15-35 season, with NYI finishing wretched once again as stated, and his lack of speed, and hockey sense contributing to another year of embarassment on those othhhhhher two (non-sexy) portions of the ice.

Why would anyone be excited about this move? Not worth getting bummed about, by any means.

But elated? (And read this thread.) Sorry, that's ridiculous.

This is a terribly flawed player. Wouldn't know it, however.
I agree with your sentiment Trotts, but there is something to be said about a young man getting a change of scenery. Let's not forget, Rob would not be the first guy to leave one organization only to find success in another.

I look at Marty St. Louis as a similar situation. He had a TON of offensive skill but the Flames, Craig Button in particular, was not impressed with his all around game and released him. Well, he landed on his feet in Tampa and the rest is Championship history. I know that's the "one in a million" scenario but when your really not risking much in the first place, why the hell not?

Old
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerLord View Post
Congratulations Isle fans.
Thank you for the kind sentiment.

That said, being congratulated for picking up Rob Schremp on waivers is like being congratulated for brushing one's teeth this morning.

That is, we're celebrating the mundane.

Quote:
I could not disagree more. You have five other guys out there with you.
I'll use this excuse for the next 1,000 goals against for which I'm on the ice in my rec league.

"Not my fault."

Reality is, a goal is typically a breakdown on multiple levels.

But let's say you are 100% correct. Why then is it that some forwards get reps for being inferior defensively? Simply the other guy's fault?

There are good reasons why Rob Schremp has never cracked an NHL lineup. Reasons that some fans choose to ignore or excuse.

Their prerogative.

Last edited by Trottier: 09-29-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old
09-29-2009, 06:23 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I know you'all will get a lot of in out from oiler fans--well here cones one more

Schremp has improved skating 10 fold since when he was drafted. That was obvious.

But there are somethings that he did not improve other aspcts.

1)Physical play--he avoids it like the plague and it often takes him out of the play.

2) He still has not learned how to play away from the pick and this a problem with how he reads the play and adapts to the change around him

3) still has not learned how to play in his own zone. If you score 30 goals a year that is no big deal. But when you are a player who lacks the finish that is needed in the nhl--it is a bad thing

4) His comments during training comments raised one flag--he is still very full of himself and that is one of the reasons he fell from being a top 5 pick to 25 where the oilers drafted him

as was said--this is a low risk high reward

hoepfully the crap that went on between the edmonton media, fans and the oilers will not fallow him to the islanders

Everytime any player struggled or a the team lost a game--right away Schremps name came up--reagardless of how he was doing on the farm.

What I think will happen is Schremp will be out with a guy like Weight and the NYI have time let Schremp play with established players

This may come off as being mean--so hopefully you wont get too mad. There is more pressure on the oilers to win now then the Islanders. Islanders are still rebuilding--oilers are trying to rebuild on the fly and don't have the time to watch loses pile up and fans be patient. Islanders are hoping their fans will be patient

Closed Thread