HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

CKAC asked this question yesterday ?

Old
09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
CKAC asked this question yesterday ?

They asked if during the season last year, would you have traded Komisarek,Brisebois and Bouillon for Mara,Gill and Spacek ? Everyone that was asked this question said NO WAY ! I then ask you are Gill, Mara and Spacek not better than (retired) Brisebois, no team ( Bouillon ) and Komisarek ? Am i missing something here or was this a language thing type answer ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Riza

Honestly, in terms of on-ice hockey skills I would have. The perceived value of Komisarek would be the only thing holding me back from doing that in a real trade. You'd want to get a 1st pick with him or something to maximize his "value." But all three of the incoming defenders are better than Bouillon and Brisebois, and two of them are arguably as good or better than Komisarek.

Riza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

4.5mil for offensive liability, no thx

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Here's what you're missing: to the average Habs fan, and especially the average commentator, two fringe NHLers from Quebec and built-up super-hitter Komisarek are more valuable than an excellent puck-moving #2 D-men and two legitimate bottom-pairing D-men with size.

Any other NHL team would take the new Habs any day. Well, maybe not Toronto.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clumsyhab

French media still think Bouillon could be a #4. RDS even said that Bouillon should get around 2.25m on July 1st.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
They asked if during the season last year, would you have traded Komisarek,Brisebois and Bouillon for Mara,Gill and Spacek ? Everyone that was asked this question said NO WAY ! I then ask you are Gill, Mara and Spacek not better than (retired) Brisebois, no team ( Bouillon ) and Komisarek ? Am i missing something here or was this a language thing type answer ?
You'll be glad (or saddened) to know that both Jacques Demers and Michel Bergeron said they would have done that trade.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
You'll be glad (or saddened) to know that both Jacques Demers and Michel Bergeron said they would have done that trade.
Surprised by Bergy, but not by Demers. Demers usely isn't looking for the french speaking player first. Kind of like L'anitchambre last night with Gauthier, now that was a farce. Guathier said he could replace Komisarek....ok there buddy !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
LouisJCloutier

I sure would have done that trade, even with the love I had for Komi.

Anyway, O'Byrne could be the next Komi. Or pretty close to it.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Koivu_habs#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Surprised by Bergy, but not by Demers. Demers usely isn't looking for the french speaking player first. Kind of like L'anitchambre last night with Gauthier, now that was a farce. Guathier said he could replace Komisarek....ok there buddy !
Or even better, when Gaston Therrien said yesterday on Sport 30 that he doesnt understand how come Max Pac is on the 1st line and not Latendresse. His excuse was that Latendresse was a more mature guy then Max. Ya sure, guess he wasnt watching the pre-season where Latendresse didnt really do anything spectacular.

Koivu_habs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:10 AM
LouisJCloutier

And to add something else:

Our defense is much more better then last year. It was my biggest concern last year and it did hurt us in the long way. We were lacking depth and role players.

Spacek is a very underated addition. We lacked that type of guy until Schneider came in last year and our powerplay was much better from that time. At least, someone to fill Streit/Souray shoes.

I'm very confident that our D will do the job this year.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
TheCH*

Komisarek was a fan favorite because of his hard hitting style.

By i believe Spacek will have a more positive effect on the teams performance, all things considered.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Newhabfan

This question was intended as a rethorical question by Pat Burns in the morning show, to Michel Langevin. If you listen to the recorded show - you notice Burns' surprise and shock when he hears Langevin answering No ! Pat is literally forced to explain that both Bouillon and Brisebois were "done" and that Komisarek was highly overrated.

He never expected to hear a No - makes no sense hockey wise. But who expects wisdom of hockey on CKAC anyways ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't make that trade. But I guess some people just look at things differently than others.

09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Spacek so far in pre season has impressed the hell out of me,I wasn't mad on July 1st when Gainey made him is 1st FA signing but after watching a few games I could understand why.The guy will log 20+ minutes a game,can play in all sorts of situation which Komisarek couldn't,better on his skates and a very good acceleration including a good first pass out of the zone, and oh he can pivot.

Mara and Gill are upgrades on Brisebois and Bouillon no doubt about it

I think the defence has not been this good in a really long time.Hope Hamrlik is 100% and can put last year behind him and play like he did 2 years ago

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
saints96

this just goes to show the bias that exists here in quebec. For thsoe of you who said there isnt, heres the proof!

Last edited by saints96: 09-29-2009 at 09:56 AM.
saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:32 AM
MARKOVFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu_habs#1 View Post
Or even better, when Gaston Therrien said yesterday on Sport 30 that he doesnt understand how come Max Pac is on the 1st line and not Latendresse. His excuse was that Latendresse was a more mature guy then Max. Ya sure, guess he wasnt watching the pre-season where Latendresse didnt really do anything spectacular.

Gaston has such a boner for latendresse and lapierre its not even funny, in fact when he comes on I have to change the channel or I start to get too pissed.

MARKOVFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
this just goes tho show the biasism there is here in quebec. For thsoe of you who said there isnt, heres the proof!
I was wondering where my biasism went to.

Sorry man, too hard to resist. I think the word you're looking for is "bias".

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
this just goes tho show the biasism there is here in quebec. For thsoe of you who said there isnt, heres the proof!
Two morning show dingbats answer no, Two! And for you that's enough to demonstrate the biasism in Québec? Biasism? You're grasping at straws. There may be other examples of biasism, but this is not it.

Old
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Seriously, someone wouldn't do that trade?

If you want to see how much our defense improved this year, just look at where the cast of characters that filled our 5-6 spots last year are now

Bouillon - finally signed a 1 year, 750k deal during training camp
Dandenault - cut by the Sharks, no contract
Brisebois - retired, assuming he had no offers in the offseason

Bunch of world beaters, those guys.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKOVFTW View Post
Gaston has such a boner for latendresse and lapierre its not even funny, in fact when he comes on I have to change the channel or I start to get too pissed.
I do the same with Jean Perron.

Remember yesterday at Sports 30, Gaston Therrien saying things like : Latendresse is more mature, more physical. Paciorrety was NOT physical. but Pacioretty has something Latendresse will never have ... SPEED!

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Gros Bill, I had a perfectly warm and soothing full cup of coffee until I read your post. Thanks a lot.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Gros Bill, I had a perfectly warm and soothing full cup of coffee until I read your post. Thanks a lot.
My pleasure. And don't worry, your nasal mucosae absorb caffeine too.

Old
09-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Two morning show dingbats answer no, Two! And for you that's enough to demonstrate the biasism in Québec? Biasism? You're grasping at straws. There may be other examples of biasism, but this is not it.
Was it just the two morning show dingbats (nicely put GB), who made this comment. Or did they have callers calling in expressing the same views?

Edit: Geez GB, now I have to go look up the word mucosae. lol

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:42 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKOVFTW View Post
Gaston has such a boner for latendresse and lapierre its not even funny,
you can find a lot of erections for those two (especially Lats) right here on HFboards

I never watch / listen to these francophone shows -they're more biased than don cherry in his prime

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Was it just the two morning show dingbats (nicely put GB), who made this comment. Or did they have callers calling in expressing the same views?
I honestly don't know about the callers. I'm sure some would say no to the trade, obviously, for whatever misguided notion.