HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zubov told by Ottawa he might be traded

Old
09-30-2009, 12:00 AM
King City Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
who cares. A russian baby wants out because he isn't good enough to make the team, and you guys treat it like doomsday...
Clearly he isn't a baby if he's mature enough to realise that he won't make this team, a baby would do otherwise. He spent two full season in the AHL, I respect him for that quite a bit. You don't have to be a big dick about it. If you have ever tried to make any team and weren't good enough or they weren't going to give you a shot you would go elsewhere, no reason to be a *****. The senators might have already discussed trading him anyway previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangu View Post
How is he a baby? He played in the AHL for two seasons while the Sens sucked. How much better is he suppose to get in Bingo? Clearly this is not a good place for his career development and he would be an idiot not to seek out an opportunity elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
Make the team or don't. Simple. He didn't, he was passed by several players on the depth chart. Done. Cry about it.
It's clear it's a mutual thing and the senators have told him that they are going to look elsewhere which is why obviously he said ok, it doesn't mean he's a baby, in fact that's the mature thing to do.

King City Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Topside

This is a very different situation than Lee's. Zubov thinks he's an NHLer and the team thinks he's an AHLer. Both the team and Lee agree that Lee's an NHLer, he's just gonna have to wait a bit for them to make a spot for him. There's no spot coming for Zubov because he just isn't good enough.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Not surprised especially because he was cut before players who weren't even working half as hard and just plained sucked in the pre-season.

Tubby Tuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:54 AM
The Fuhr

I don't know if he has any value when I see guys like Schremp, O'Reilly and Bourque waived.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Topside

Just the fact that he doesn't have to clear waivers increases his value above those guys. Still won't be much, though.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Kanataboy68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3001 View Post
Ugh, this day is turning out to be ugly.

I just really hope Lee doesn't follow suite
If Lee is smart, he will keep his yapper shut. Let this happen quietly or he will find out that he is not that desired either.

Kanataboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:19 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
What took so long?
My thoughts exactly.

Oh, and who cares. Another crappy Russian beleiving he is better then he is, sulks and goes home.

Who cares.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Yes, how dare Zubov decide that at 22 he has not chance of making this team and wants to go somewhere where he might get the chance to play instead of spending time in Bingo C'mon people. He clearly has realized that he will never make the team and just wants to go somewhere where he might get that chance, let him go! He's doing better than Nikulin when he went out and made a lot of whining about how he should be on the team. Give Zubov a break.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I don't know if he has any value when I see guys like Schremp, O'Reilly and Bourque waived.
I agree. But maybe if we package him up with a few players, it may be enticing....

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Senotaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topside View Post
This is a very different situation than Lee's. Zubov thinks he's an NHLer and the team thinks he's an AHLer. Both the team and Lee agree that Lee's an NHLer, he's just gonna have to wait a bit for them to make a spot for him. There's no spot coming for Zubov because he just isn't good enough.
This.

I don't understand why people are calling him a baby and invoking the Russian stereotype. You think he should agree to spend his entire career in the AHL when he might have a shot at a big club elsewhere? Are people a little too sensitive to the business of the game since the Heatley mess?

Senotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
owa

If he did ask for a trade, I can respect that.

The guy's young, he's in a foreign country, and he has no shot at making the NHL. He still wants to be in the NHL, but he knows he can't crack the roster with our depth, so he wants to go somewhere else.

It's not like we're talking about a North American who speaks English playing in a known area. Zubov has been away from his family and he just wants a shot at the NHL. It's not like he's being a big baby about it either.

owa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
He'll never play in the NHL, he's just not good enough. He should realize that and go home to Russia. He gave it his best for 2 season, worked really hard in one off season (allegedly), and he hasn't really had any improvements. Sens obviously see this and I am sure many other teams do.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasberry Strudel View Post
He'll never play in the NHL, he's just not good enough. He should realize that and go home to Russia. He gave it his best for 2 season, worked really hard in one off season (allegedly), and he hasn't really had any improvements. Sens obviously see this and I am sure many other teams do.
No reason to make stuff up. There was a pretty large jump in his production from season one to season two down there.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
shawnzwicker

He Did Not Ask To Be Traded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Team Told Him He May Be!!!!!!!!!

shawnzwicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Opinions vary.

This morning Pierre McGuire said that while he didn't know what had happened during his time at Bingo, he is a big believer in Zubov and thinks he has the skills to be a superstar (he actually said rock star)in the league.

Last edited by pepty: 09-30-2009 at 12:44 PM.
pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:12 PM
CheeseSandwich*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Opinions vary.

This morning Pierre McGuire said that while he didn't know what had happened during his time at Bingo, he is a big believer in Zubov and thinks he has the skills to be a superstar (he actually said rock star)in the league.
agenda

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
pepty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
agenda
Why would McGuire have an agenda regarding Zubov?

Last edited by pepty: 09-30-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old
09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
No reason to make stuff up. There was a pretty large jump in his production from season one to season two down there.
Make **** up? You think he's greatly improved? If that was the case, do you not think he would be on the roster? Or...if that's the case and he has made these great improvements, then obviously he's not good enough to be a regular, everyday NHL'er even after them.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
Opinions vary.

that's been his opinion since the Sens drafted him, I think it's time for Pierre to actually watch Zubov play today and form an opinion of the player at this time and not 4 years ago. Schremp has superstar skills too.....

Old
09-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Why do people hold on to players so much? What the hell has he done to deserve a spot on this roster? Who has he outplayed, outhustled, outworked on this team?

Old
09-30-2009, 01:43 PM
PhysicalTorque

Quote:
Opinions vary.

Yeah, because Pierre McGuire said it, it must be true....

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
CheeseSandwich*

Quote:
Why would McGuire have an egenda regarding Zubov?
He probably really hyped him up during the world juniors. I remember he was playing with Malkin and getting tons of icetime.

Actually, he did hype him up a lot and he did keep saying Ottawa had a real gem.

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:48 PM
pepty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalTorque View Post
Yeah, because Pierre McGuire said it, it must be true....
I didn't say that it had to be true becuase he said it, I said opinions vary, and that is his opinion.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:
Why do people hold on to players so much? What the hell has he done to deserve a spot on this roster? Who has he outplayed, outhustled, outworked on this team?
arguably one of our best players in the pre-season.

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:54 PM
PhysicalTorque

Quote:
I didn't say that it had to be true becuase he said it, I said opinions vary, and that is his opinion.
Sorry, I've grown to question Pierre's opinion for some reason.

I'm curious as to what Bob Mckenzie has to say! He's the man, in my books.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote