HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What if Henrik finds chemistry with his new found linemates?

Old
10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Tact

vCash: 500
What if Henrik finds chemistry with his new found linemates?

Ok, I know it's early and H.Sedin has only played one game since twin brother Daniel went down, but for arguments sake;

Hypothetically speaking, let's say if (when) Henrik finds some serious chemistry with his new linemates and seems to be clicking with Burrows and either Grabner/Shirokov or whoever gets put on that line, what would you do when Daniel gets back?

Daniel is supposedly out for 4-6 weeks, so there is plenty of time for Henrik to establish some chemistry with new linemates. Let's say he puts up a PPG without Daniel for the next month, what would you do if you're AV? There's the saying, "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" so would it be wise to keep that line together? Then obviously putting Daniel on a different line?

4-6 weeks later, Daniel comes back... would you keep the lines:

Grabner/Shirokov-H.Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
D.Sedin-Wellwood-Bernier
Hordichuk-Johnson-Rypien

And then playing both D.Sedin-H.Sedin for the 1st unit PP. That way, the first line is producing, and it also improves the 3rd line drastically with Daniel on it.

Then again, this is all hypothetically speaking whether the new look first line is actually producing. Btw, just bringing up an idea, so don't hunt me down by saying to split the Sedins

Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Ernie

What's the likelihood of Grabner scoring 30g, 50a this year?

Zero.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
19nazzy

The chemistry he finds won't come close to the chemistry he has with the one person he has played with his whole life.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:25 PM
The Optimist

vCash: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
The chemistry he finds won't come close to the chemistry he has with the one person he has played with his whole life.
Not to mention that while Henrik has been given time to make chemistry with his new line mates, Daniel has not. Much more sensible to put them back together.

The Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
English

If he finds chemistry with new mates, that's fantastic, and it'll be great until Daniel returns. You can't find more chemistry than two identical twins have, though.

Last edited by English: 10-15-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Grammatical error that bugs me. ;)
English is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Chances that Grabner stays up longer than 9 games this year: 5%

Chances that Daniel is immediately re-united with Henrik on the top line upon his return: 100%

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:11 AM
serge2k

chances you used made up statistics that are probably still accurate - 48.62%

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:17 AM
NuxFan09

Daniel will shove whoever is in his place off that line when he gets back from injury. You can count on that.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:35 AM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

If this hypothetical did indeed happen. The hockey gods decided to bless us and Grabner was on a 35~40 goal pace and no loss of offense from Hank and Burrows. I would say why not. But my lines would be slightly different from yours.

Grabner Hank Burrows
Daniel Kesler Samuelsson
Raymond Welly Bernier
Hansen Johnson Rypien

Hordichuk can be brought in for divisional games where things are most likely to get nasty... And maybe Nashville because he always plays well against them and they tend to get pretty physical... Might not need him for Colorado either. If Rypien is hurt he plays alongside Johnson and Hansen.

I think if both Sedin's can play on the same level with other players I think it would be wise to keep them apart until it didnt work anymore. Play them on the PP together still... Have 2 balanced lines of scoring.

Of coarse this is all a dream because the chance of it actually happening is significantly worse than my chances are of winning tomorrows lottery.

settinguptheplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:56 AM
The Cowboy Poet

Obviously the correct decision would be to immediately trade Daniel for the first offer the Canucks receive.

The Cowboy Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:33 AM
ubiquitous
*shink*

More powerplay options?

But seriously, I don't see how Danny doesn't make it back on the top line...if there's serious chemistry, put the threesome on the PP together. If anything, you'd probably have to decide if Burrows or Grab(or whoever else) is the better fit.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:59 AM
adamzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cowboy Poet View Post
Obviously the correct decision would be to immediately trade Daniel for the first offer the Canucks receive.
Which would most likely be a 2nd and 3rd rounder, since Daniel's an injury riddled bum ever since he got his big raise.

adamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Nine to Five
Now Eight to Four!

Then we'd finally have a year with point discrepancies and get to trade one of them off.

Nine to Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 05:23 AM
huntison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post
If this hypothetical did indeed happen. The hockey gods decided to bless us and Grabner was on a 35~40 goal pace and no loss of offense from Hank and Burrows. I would say why not. But my lines would be slightly different from yours.

Grabner Hank Burrows
Daniel Kesler Samuelsson
Raymond Welly Bernier
Hansen Johnson Rypien

Hordichuk can be brought in for divisional games where things are most likely to get nasty... And maybe Nashville because he always plays well against them and they tend to get pretty physical... Might not need him for Colorado either. If Rypien is hurt he plays alongside Johnson and Hansen.

I think if both Sedin's can play on the same level with other players I think it would be wise to keep them apart until it didnt work anymore. Play them on the PP together still... Have 2 balanced lines of scoring.

Of coarse this is all a dream because the chance of it actually happening is significantly worse than my chances are of winning tomorrows lottery.
IF ANYTHING, I would have to agree with this more than the OP. Daniel on the third line come on give me a break...

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Luceni

Let's wait how he will play tonight, then we can have a talk about this......

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

In order for this Daniel on the 3rd line scenario to happen Henrik would need to find CONSIDERABLE chemistry with his new line mates. Not to mention, upon return Daniel would need to find equal chemistry for his new line mates for it to make sense.

For example, if Henrik and Daniel both elevated their lines point totals while remaining PPG players themselves then it would make sense; although Daniel would play on the 2nd line in place of Raymond.

In other words, if both Sedins were on PPG paces respectively without playing together then it would infact be an interesting experiment.

Other factors to keep in mind is Burrows is a proven player with the Sedins thus far. Will he be as effective with only Henrik? Will Grabner's added point totals be greater then the combined potential point totals of both Daniel AND Burrows by keeping the regular Sedin line intact? Ofcourse, added point totals by putting Daniel on his new line would have to be taken into account.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 06:21 PM
vancityluongo

Can't believe no one's mentioned "unique points" yet.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
lennie

It will shut a lot of people up

lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 06:33 PM
VanCity Millionaires

vCash: 480
Last year there were 4 left wingers that had more points than Daniel. The year before that there were still only 4 left wingers that had more points than Daniel. Daniel is an elite 1st line forward and all-star in the NHL. Grabner has yet to play a game in the NHL. Shirokov stunk the few games he played. Why are we even having this conversation?

VanCity Millionaires is offline   Reply With Quote