HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bell Express vu and the Habs

Old
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
33Roy33

vCash: 500
Bell Express vu and the Habs

Hi guys,

I subscribe to Bell express vu and order RDS every year to get all 82 games. This year I bought a new TV and I am moving soon as well so they need to come install my dish at my new house.

My question is what should I do?

Should I just get regular service, HD service, or HD PVR?

I have a 47" and 32" LG 1080p HD TV's. Last season I didn't have the 47" so i just went with the regular feed. This year I want HD. Should I go with regular HD, or get teh HD PVR and should I rent the receivers or buy them? I believe it is a rental fee of $10 for HD $20 for the HD PVR and to buy is $200 for the HD and $500 for the PVR.

What do fellow Habs fans recommend? Also will RDS have all games in HD this year?

Thanks!

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:50 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Call Bell and tell them you want to cancel your service. They'll then transfer you to retentions. Once there, they'll ask you why you want to switch and you tell them because you got a new TV blah blah and that videotron is offering you the HD PVR for free for one year along with a much cheaper package for HD channels. Bell will then offer you the same thing (if not better)... and voila!

I did the same thing last winter and it worked like a charm... They also included 30% off my entire TV bill.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

I bought the HD PVR a few weeks ago. And there's no way in hell I'd go back to the standard receiver.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:05 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Get the PVR, I am getting it next month. My father has one and it is pretty much like my favorite invention ever.

Dinner with the in-laws while the Habs are playing the Bruins and they don't even have cable You're taken care of.

Missed that one knee slapper by Camms against "the Monster" while you are in the can? Now you have the power.

You want to watch BGL drop Colton Orr over and over again in HD? Pause and rewind, pause and rewind ad-nauseum.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Buy the terminal. Comes out to being cheaper in the long run.

If you plan on actually using the record features of the PVR, get it. If not, go with the normal box.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:39 AM
JWhelan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Call Bell and tell them you want to cancel your service. They'll then transfer you to retentions. Once there, they'll ask you why you want to switch and you tell them because you got a new TV blah blah and that videotron is offering you the HD PVR for free for one year along with a much cheaper package for HD channels. Bell will then offer you the same thing (if not better)... and voila!

I did the same thing last winter and it worked like a charm... They also included 30% off my entire TV bill.
+1 I do this every 6 months. I have yet to pay for my HD PVR after having it for 3 years.

JWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
33Roy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

Will this work even though I still have almost a year left on my 2 year term?

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Kruky

I bought a new tv two weeks ago and I'm switching from Express vue to Rogers.

I'm getting a free HD PVR box because Rogers will take my old sat. dish and I'm also subscribing to the telephone and internet. It's a promo they have.

If you live in Quebec, I suggest you call videotron and ask them if they have any promo's that will give you a free HD box.

The Rogers deal was as follows:
- Free HD PVR if you have a old sat. dish and also subscribe to either Phone or internet.
- Free HD box and regular digital box if you have two old sat. dish.
- Free HD box if you have a old sat. dish.

Usualy Bell will want to get their digital box back if you were renting them, but they will not want the dish itself.

So Rogers will take the old dish away and give me a free HD PVR for me to keep.

Look it up.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote