HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green article

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 04:35 AM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Mike Green article

off McKeen's -Mike Green article

since were getting into full draft mode now , I guess it would be good idea to learn more about our possible choices.

pretty good Q&A two of the more notable quotes-

-McKeen’s: Given your ranking, it is very close to where the Oilers and Flames are slated to pick from. What would it be like for you to play for a team close to your home town?

Mike Green: ohhh, that’d be awesome. Like, wow. I grew up cheering for both the Oilers and the Flames so that’d be unreal. It’d be like a dream come true really.

-McKeen’s: What are your strengths?

Mike Green: I see the ice well, I think I can make a good first pass to start the offense and clear our end, I can provide offense and I play a good physical game. That’s what I’d say are my strengths.

I swear I must of heard MacT and Lowe mention the importance of first pass out of the zone atleast 20 times this year. Lowe might very well be satisfied with what we have currently in the field of puck moving d-men with the emergence of Bergeron and the acquisition of Gilbert but he's still a guy I would keep an eye on.

Last edited by FacelessButcher: 04-07-2004 at 04:41 AM.
Old
04-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I like Green. He was picked ahead of Barker to play for the WHL against the touring Russians.

I'm not sure that the blueline is where the Oilers go inthe first round though. I think they need a scoring threat more and even goaltending dpth more so then another blueliner. (Woywitka, Lynch, Greene and Gilbert added to Bergeron, Brewer and Semenov is already pretty frickin' good).

Old
04-07-2004, 05:13 PM
barto

That's a good point, Guy, although maybe it opens up some trade possibilities of one of the other prospects to another team that wants someone closer to the NHL than a 2004 draft pick...

Just that Lowe has talked about this generally before that the team is fairly well-stocked with prospects, and decent ones, so that opens up more trade possibilities either of a roster player or two or a prospect or two to help fill holes or move up in the draft or whatever.

Still, I'd be surprised if the Oilers didn't go for a skilled forward with their first pick this summer (he said, knowing almost zero about the possible draftees).

Bart

Old
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
i was surprised to read the part about his skating as everyone else always talks about him being a fluid and explosive skater with great wheels...

Old
04-08-2004, 01:03 AM
GorillazXL

Good read. Green has looked impressive in the few games I've seen him in, and I was really high up on the guy at the beggining of the year ever since the Remax Challenge), but with the Comrie trade (getting Woywitka) and Gilbert. As nice as it would to have a guy like Green I would still go for a forward with the first pick. Sides a guy I would also keep an eye on is Sersen, who also looked good at the Remax challenge and Prospect game. It also sounds like he's doing well in the playoffs as well, definately worth our second round pick.

GXL

Old
04-08-2004, 01:03 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

Not sold on Mike Green. Looked okay from my limited viewing but didn't wow me. We have greater need elsewhere, namely top-flight forwards or goaltending depth.

But then again, Green would fit the recent Oiler drafting M.O. of good player on a very, very bad team. The Blades (sigh) made last year's Rimouski team look like world beaters.

Closed Thread