HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Henrik Sedin gets an A

Old
09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
FruityPants3*

vCash: 500
Daniel always has been more of a follower.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
tesplen

^^^^^
Do you have any actual evidence to support that statement? Are you familiar with the team dynamic? Have you spent time as a member of the Canucks organization, or even been a part of their locker room? Or are you just making an assumption and posting it like you have some kind of authority on the issue?

Also, for those who were talking about this earlier. Daniel wasn't drafted "2 seconds" ahead of Henrik. They were drafted at the same time. Brian Burke didn't go up to the podium and say "The Canucks draft Daniel Sedin" and then have him come up and put on a jersey, and then a few minutes later say "The Canucks draft Henrik Sedin". He drafted them both at once. Come on. Daniel was just technically the higher pick because one of them had to be for official purposes, it didn't really matter which one. Man, now I feel stupid for having to type this up.

tesplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesplen View Post
^^^^^
Do you have any actual evidence to support that statement? Are you familiar with the team dynamic? Have you spent time as a member of the Canucks organization, or even been a part of their locker room? Or are you just making an assumption and posting it like you have some kind of authority on the issue?

Also, for those who were talking about this earlier. Daniel wasn't drafted "2 seconds" ahead of Henrik. They were drafted at the same time. Brian Burke didn't go up to the podium and say "The Canucks draft Daniel Sedin" and then have him come up and put on a jersey, and then a few minutes later say "The Canucks draft Henrik Sedin". He drafted them both at once. Come on. Daniel was just technically the higher pick because one of them had to be for official purposes, it didn't really matter which one. Man, now I feel stupid for having to type this up.
I used to babysit for both families.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
tesplen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityPants3 View Post
I used to babysit for both families.
Even if you weren't kidding, what would that have to do with Canucks team leadership?

Old
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Dirkph
Mancrush = Malhotra

It's a walk off.

Dirkph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:20 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Even if you weren't kidding, what would that have to do with Canucks team leadership?
I've observed their dynamic. Daniel is always walking behind Henrik. Henrik always tells Daniel what to do. It's always "Daniel get the baby's bottle" "Daniel you can't have fetuccini alfredo, you know how bloated cream makes you." It's the kind of thing you have to be there to understand. Also, when Henrik did a goattee, Daniel did one right after him.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Ernie

I bet it came down to a coin flip. I could see them alternating the A every season.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Warren Piece

Maybe Henrik is the better choice, they aren't the same people you know.

Warren Piece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
ubiquitous
More like Shredder

Quote:
^^^^^
Holy giant overreaction to a joke. lol.

It's about time one of the Sedins got an A, even though it's more symbolic than anything else, considering Mitchell is probably the guy who will be talking to the refs more often than not.

If anything, they probably picked Hank because he's a centre and they needed someone to take the ceremonial faceoffs.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post

It's about time one of the Sedins got an A, even though it's more symbolic than anything else, considering Mitchell is probably the guy who will be talking to the refs more often than not.

If anything, they probably picked Hank because he's a centre and they needed someone to take the ceremonial faceoffs.
dammit, I was looking forward to seeing how long fruity could string him along. Way to ruin it.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
ginner classic

This is a no brainer decision IMO. Good choice. You can't have the guys you are depending on for offensive production, who you expect to lead the team to not have a formal acknowledgment of that situation. Hank is a good choice for the'A'.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Leadfoot

Quote:

I could just imagine the Canucks stripping a player of captaincy because they had a low ceremonial faceoff winning percentage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:31 PM
ubiquitous
More like Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
dammit, I was looking forward to seeing how long fruity could string him along. Way to ruin it.
I'm pretty sure the joke is still safe, it's obvious this guy can't read.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Warren Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMrad View Post
I could just imagine the Canucks stripping a player of captaincy because they had a low ceremonial faceoff winning percentage.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's why we didn't re-sign Ohlund.

Warren Piece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
BedBeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMrad View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Some here think that Hank is too soft for ceremonial face-offs.

BedBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:36 PM
lush
@jasonlush

I liked the appointment of Kesler as an assistant captain but seeing him talk about Backes' wife in the playoffs was kind of a turn-off. I mean don't get me wrong, I thought it was hilarious but at the same time I never pictured all-time great captains like Sakic doing that type of thing. Making Bieksa or Burrows assistant captains seems like more of the same in that regard. At the end of the day it's impossible to know what these guys are like on the ice, with officials or in the room because non of us are there.

For those who disliked the somewhat unorthodox naming of Luongo as captain you must be pleased with this fairly obvious choice of Henrik as an assistant. He's up there competing for the NHL ironman competition, he was tied for team lead in points last season. He's our first line center (for what that's worth) and he's likely to lead our team offensively this season. I guess I feel bad for Daniel? Well, about as bad as I felt when Henrik went to the all-star game without him.

And for the record I don't like alternating the A between home games and road games. When you earn the A and keep it the whole season it makes it mean more than sharing it.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
I liked the appointment of Kesler as an assistant captain but seeing him talk about Backes' wife in the playoffs was kind of a turn-off. I mean don't get me wrong, I thought it was hilarious but at the same time I never pictured all-time great captains like Sakic doing that type of thing.
I kind of feel uncomfortable using this example, but you don't think Mark Messier never trash talked? The soft spoken Yzermans and Sakics seem the exception.

Also, Daniel used to trash talk on Mattias' kid all the time.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:45 PM
tesplen

Quote:
Damnit, I missed the post right before his. :embarassed:

LOL, well, you can't blame me for being on edge in discussions like this with the influx of CDC'ers we've had here lately that would make a statement like that seriously.

well done fruity

Old
09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
From what I understood last year they way they had the Assistant Captains set up was that Ohlund would do the ceremonial face offs (due to being the longest standing Canuck) Kesler and Mitchell would be the ones to talk to the refs.

So the Sedin's are currently the players who have been a Canuck the longest, although I thought Dank was drafted first so that still doesn't make sense.

But IMO that's why it's one of the Sedins.
i don't agree with that at all. AV and Gillis both commented during the past season that Henrik was not only a leader on the ice with his hard work but became a leader in the dressing room. He stepped up to lead and impressed the coaching staff. Well they said that about both of the twins but Henrik was singled out in one interview I heard or read.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

I disagree with this move, Kesler/Mitchell/Burrows/Salo should have the A. I just hope they wouldnt lead us to choking once again.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Alexistheman

Good desicion. Henrik has always come across as more of a "captain" than Daniel to me.

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Alexistheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I disagree with this move, Kesler/Mitchell/Burrows/Salo should have the A. I just hope they wouldnt lead us to choking once again.
Brilliant. Lets have an Alternate that will miss 20+ games in Salo or one that the refs are told to watch out for. Brilliant logic.

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistheman View Post
Brilliant. Lets have an Alternate that will miss 20+ games in Salo or one that the refs are told to watch out for. Brilliant logic.
Thanks for the compliment, I dont think the Sedins are the leader type player.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:15 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

Good move. Makes sense to have the top 2 centers have the As. I think when you take a stick/puck to the face and score a goal less than a minute later you're leading pretty well.

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:15 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkph View Post
It's a walk off.

Do it Hansel!.... I mean Henrik!

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote