HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn doesn't report to Hamilton/Requests trade ‎Part II

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Mackee

vCash: 500
Just saw the story. Kind of thought this would happen but didn't want to believe it.

I see all these Sergei proposals coming up. Why do we HAVE to trade him? Let him rot. His name is not Dany Heatley. He has no leverage here. Unless there's something I'm missing? Last thing I'd want to see is Sergei become the next Grabovski. Wait for the right offer/fit to come along but don't accommodate this prima-donna.

I pray this doesn't affect Andrei in a negative way.

Old
09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Globalz

Any of you Kostitsyn hater tried to be in his mindset?

The guy does watch tv and read some of what's said on him in the media.

Trust me if i knew that some monkeys on a tv show were going ape at me i would be OUTTA here.

there's only one life you live it the way you want to live it.

Old
09-30-2009, 03:53 PM
panorama01*

They should talk to him, they should say that they are trying to renew things, and that he should forget about what happened last year, that they expect him to be an elite player in the future and that they have a plan to permit this to happen... and tell him to ignore the media... that cooperation will cause great results... then they should tell him that they will not trade him and will give him a chance to clear up his thinking and report to Hamilton where I presume he would explain things and try to put this behind him...

This looks like some more trouble left behind from the Carbonneau era... it would be nice to clear that away.

Old
09-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Alex HABensky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
well good bye and enjoy the marvellous life of a "not good enough to play in the NHL" KHLer.. You will want to come back running as fast as you can and maybe you will have grew up by then..
The best choice for him is to go to KHL.. First of all - the relations between coach and players are much more personal there than in the NHL, and for the young guys with attutude, like Serguei - it's only for the good. I doubt you saw one single hockey game in KHL. Ovechkin, Fedorov, Malkin and etc. etc. were rised somewhere?

Last edited by Alex HABensky: 09-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Tray4Adams

Chalk up another **** up to Gainey.

Doesn't seem to matter what coach we have, the young guys we have get ruined year after year

Old
09-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Bullsmith

I'm starting to feel Sergei's fanbase is even younger than the HF norm. I really wouldn't be surprised if there's a strong co-relation between blaming Sergei for his own behaviour and being a little older, and that those who focus blame on Martin or Gainey trend younger. Just my sense.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
habs_in_the_blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
Chalk up another **** up to Gainey.

Doesn't seem to matter what coach we have, the young guys we have get ruined year after year
the kid scores one goal in Pre-season , and now we talk of him as if he was our best prospect, he obviesly coulndt care less about the organisation, if he really would of wanted to make an impression, he woulndt be in hamilton/russia at the moment, Jaques Martin and Bob Gainey want a hard working team/hard working players, your not there during pratices, theres a reason he isint with the team anymore, dont get me wrong i like the kid, but his attitude sucks big time

Old
09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
habs_in_the_blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I'm starting to feel Sergei's fanbase is even younger than the HF norm. I really wouldn't be surprised if there's a strong co-relation between blaming Sergei for his own behaviour and being a little older, and that those who focus blame on Martin or Gainey trend younger. Just my sense.
this

Old
09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

It's too bad that it had to end this way for Kostitsyn. If his head was in the right place he could have had one hell of a career... Oh well, his loss.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Year 101

Couple quick comments, first to the people pissed off at Gainey, there really is no need for that. Him and Martin need to set an example for the whole team and for Sergei. He has to understand that it just doesn't come easy to join the team. I'm a huge sergei and andrei fan myself but at some point the players have to be held accountable for themselves. If he was deemed to immature to play he could at least tough it out and prove on the ice why he should be with Montreal. Meanwhile everybody shipping him out already should chill for now at least, There's a few articles particularily from Francois Gagnon which first states that though Don Meehan hasn't returned his calls he still suggests that Sergei returns to hamilton. Bob also said in an article that he is going to continue to look into the situation and says their is no reason why if this gets fixed he won't find himself on this team again.

Btw people shipping Andrei out as in a package deal have to realize first of all that Andrei feels a little embarassed it seems from this whole debacle from different quotes around the internet. Furthermore Andrei has a kid he is growing up and he himself must realize that in order to be a good role model he has to avoid these complications like whats going on. Perhaps Andrei can help Sergei figure out but if not Andrei still has a family in Motnreal and is still a Canadien so lets not ship him out of here already because as we know he has a stockpile of talent.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
I'm just happy he's been suspended. We don't need a player like that.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
I am a big Sergei fan. I hope after a few days, he cools off and goes to Hamilton. He has close to zero value on the market in my opinion.

I don't know why his agent would allow him to do this. I would hope Andrei can get through to him but we have heard many times that Sergei does what he wants.

He defintely needs to change his attitude but the organization needs to do its part and take care of some of these kids. This is Montreal, all you need is one good run (like Sergei had 2 years ago) and the city will treat you like a rock star. He isn't the first and he probably won't be the last to let it go to his head.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I'd rather keep him than trade him for close to nothing.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:18 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Just for the kicks can anyone tell me which team they think has a roster spot for Sergei?

Old
09-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Just for the kicks can anyone tell me which team they think has a roster spot for Sergei?
Avalanche and other low end teams.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Dany Dubé saying that the Habs are also responsible for this mess since they've promoted him in the NHL way too fast.

Source: CKAC.
Lats sats hi.

I hope this guy either turns around, or Gainey buries him so deep in Cincinatti's depth that he won't be able to see the guy on top of him's second hand pair of skates.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Well I know the Leafs took a troublesome Belarussian before from us.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:25 PM
LeHab

Do not expect Andrei to sign with the Habs once he hits UFA. I would not be surprised if both bros got traded at the same time.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:25 PM
bib
#believe

Maybe Sergei doesn't realize this just yet, but the way he reacted to being sent to Hamilton is exactly the reason why he was sent there in the first place.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:26 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Both these players missed the playoffs last year. Just saying.
Doesn't mean s***

Old
09-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Let's keep him. Like we did with Perezhogin. Let him play in the KHL and waste his better years out of North-America. That will teach him a lesson.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Do not expect Andrei to sign with the Habs once he hits UFA. I would not be surprised if both bros got traded at the same time.
Andrei is still RFA when his contract is up, so he isn't UFA until quite some time.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
DeVries*

Hey Sergei, wanna play in Russia? Heard that they got pretty good mafias, girls and alcohol in there.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
ti-vite

I can only imagine the grandios boo-vation he will receive if he should ever play in the bell center again.

The chorus of boos would bust ear drums it would be incredible.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Dany Dubé saying that the Habs are also responsible for this mess since they've promoted him in the NHL way too fast.

Source: CKAC.
And that is why Dubé is the best analyst of the whole Montreal Sport Media.

As for Sergei I would hope Bob keep him. Yes, I would keep him. Just let him learn humility until he shows his face to Hamilton.

Closed Thread