HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Kostitsyn/Zubov

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2009, 04:17 PM
peanutvendor

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn/Zubov

both are borderline top 6 players. both have good offensive upside. both were sent down and are said to want out of their organization.

would there be any interest? i think downie, while looking good on the top line is our only option next to tanquay-lecavalier. i dont think vellieux is top 6 material. getting one of these guys (my preference would be kostitsyn) would give the team another option, and neither make much money and both could be had for cheap.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Not interested in players who feel they are entitled to NHL jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Mr Underhill

yes to SK...kids got talent...too bad gainey either wont trade with us or would ask for way too much

Old
09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Sear91

Ill take Kostitsyn any day. He can put up points if he gets the chance.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayiandemond View Post
Ill take Kostitsyn any day. He can put up points if he gets the chance.
He's had chances he just hasn't deserved to stick and now has refused to report to the AHL.

Not the type of player who would be anything but a headache and healthy scratch under Tocchet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
IdealisticSniper

You guys realize we are talking about Sergei and not Andrei right? Sergei isnt worth anything and only rode on the coat tails of his brother last year. He doesnt belong in the NHL right now and IMO is 3rd line material at best.

And for BOTH of them, I dont want anything to do with kids who cry and whine like little girls when things dont go their way and that believe a spot on a NHL team is their god given right. No thanks.

Old
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
peanutvendor

alot of players have gotten upset and demanded trades. maybe a change of scenery is just what he needs. and if hes available for cheap, it could be a great deal. and if he doesnt work, then that would be a 2nd gm sending him down and maybe he would be humbled.

i just see it as a low risk/high reward type thing. plus st louis could smack some sense into his entitled views.

Old
09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
You guys realize we are talking about Sergei and not Andrei right? Sergei isnt worth anything and only rode on the coat tails of his brother last year. He doesnt belong in the NHL right now and IMO is 3rd line material at best.

And for BOTH of them, I dont want anything to do with kids who cry and whine like little girls when things dont go their way and that believe a spot on a NHL team is their god given right. No thanks.
Ah yes, Eric Lindros....

Old
10-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Absolutely, agreed.

I'll add, and no thank you to both of them, let them go rot in the minors or russia.

Old
10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I don't think it's fair to judge either player based on their wanting a trade. Alexei Yashin held out and fans (who have met him) say he's very nice.

My problem with getting another top six player is how that will affect the shooter/playmaker/power forward model. If he pushes Downie out, then we have:

Tanguay-Lecavalier-Kostitsyn
Malone-Stamkos-St.Louis

Malone can play physical, but who else? Any old top six can't do. It should ideally be a guy who can play the game like Downie or Malone.

Old
10-01-2009, 08:07 AM
TBFan

Kostitsyn is a 3rd line winger at best. Plus, being a head-case and all of the baggage, you have to pass on him.

Old
10-01-2009, 10:05 AM
peanutvendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I don't think it's fair to judge either player based on their wanting a trade. Alexei Yashin held out and fans (who have met him) say he's very nice.

My problem with getting another top six player is how that will affect the shooter/playmaker/power forward model. If he pushes Downie out, then we have:

Tanguay-Lecavalier-Kostitsyn
Malone-Stamkos-St.Louis

Malone can play physical, but who else? Any old top six can't do. It should ideally be a guy who can play the game like Downie or Malone.

I understand the model, but on the prospal-lecavalier-st louis line, who was the power forward?

say downie doesnt stick for some reason or another. tanquay-lecavalier-vellieux? meh.

i say with tanquay-lecavalier needing a cheap option at wing, take a shot in the dark and hope you hit something. whats the worst that can happen? at 1 year, 600k, he is the type of player we need.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1246

hf article (from 2005) http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ell_in_london/
Quote:
“Once we saw him play, we saw him take a really big hit in exhibition that a lot of players might not have gotten back up from,” Perry explained. “That was a real surprise when we saw how gritty he was, where he bounced right back and didn’t want to come off the ice. To us, I think we knew we had a pretty good find at the time.”

Schremp agrees with his coach’s assessment. “He’s a big strong kid. He’s had four or five great hits that we were all surprised about. European-wise, we haven’t had too many kids that would throw big bodychecks like that,” he added. “When someone runs him, he’ll go right back at them. We were all surprised the first time that happened – and we were all pretty pumped about it.
its dated, but hes obviously not afraid of playing physical.

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Kostitsyn is a 3rd line winger at best. Plus, being a head-case and all of the baggage, you have to pass on him.
Quote:
He's had chances he just hasn't deserved to stick and now has refused to report to the AHL.

Not the type of player who would be anything but a headache and healthy scratch under Tocchet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Absolutely, agreed.

I'll add, and no thank you to both of them, let them go rot in the minors or russia.

i dont understand how some people defend "bat **** crazy downie" so vehemently yet refuse to acknowledge a "headcase," who is more proven as a top 6 winger than downie, at a 600k price tag as a low risk/high reward oppertunity and just what the team needs given budget constraints and the current hole in the top 6.

if tocchet can keep downie from flying off the handle, im sure he would have no problem keeping this kids ego in check.

it would be interesting to see if his "head-case" attitude is truly himself, or if it stems from a "SK vs Gainey" fued. or maybe just being outside montreal would straighten him out, as he would be just another face in the crowd on the streets of tampa.

tampa has better players to put him with, and a solid leadership core to keep him if not humble, at least in line.

Old
10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

I'd just rather stick with what we have at least until X-mas before we go giving other teams leftovers chances at roster spots. Training camp just finished and the players that are here DESERVE to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Oh, I do.

And Yashin is probably the worst example you could have used haha

Old
10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
TBFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutvendor View Post
i dont understand how some people defend "bat **** crazy downie" so vehemently yet refuse to acknowledge a "headcase," who is more proven as a top 6 winger than downie, at a 600k price tag as a low risk/high reward oppertunity and just what the team needs given budget constraints and the current hole in the top 6. [/B]

if tocchet can keep downie from flying off the handle, im sure he would have no problem keeping this kids ego in check.

it would be interesting to see if his "head-case" attitude is truly himself, or if it stems from a "SK vs Gainey" fued. or maybe just being outside montreal would straighten him out, as he would be just another face in the crowd on the streets of tampa.

tampa has better players to put him with, and a solid leadership core to keep him if not humble, at least in line.

I don't think you are going to find alot of people who will "defend" Downie. In fact, alot of people didn't like they traded for him. We have to accept him because he is on the team.

Besides, from what I have been hearing over the past years, Kostitsyn has lot more baggage than Downie.

Old
10-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
I understand the model, but on the prospal-lecavalier-st louis line, who was the power forward?
No one, but look at the team's record and their plus/minus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
And Yashin is probably the worst example you could have used haha
I know he's a guy people rip on, and not someone who gets a whole lot of sympathy, but people claim him to be a headcase, and yet you don't hear many bad things from the guys he played with, or the everyday people who have met him.

The criticism leveled at his play is well founded, he never could raise his game. And the massive contract he signed with the Islanders has directed more vile towards Alexei than other bad contracts have. Partially from being a victim of some bad PR moves (on his part), and how they were interpreted by the sensitive Canadian hockey media, and the anti-Russian sentiment that existed pre-lockout.

He still did undeniably burn bridges in Ottawa.

Old
10-01-2009, 12:36 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
i dont understand how some people defend "bat **** crazy downie" so vehemently yet refuse to acknowledge a "headcase," who is more proven as a top 6 winger than downie, at a 600k price tag as a low risk/high reward oppertunity and just what the team needs given budget constraints and the current hole in the top 6. [/B]
Big difference between a kid being overemotional and doing anything he can to win compared to a kid that thinks he deserves a job and refuses to report to the minors.

Old
10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
IdealisticSniper

To be honest Im not that big on SK as a hockey talent ( I think his ceiling is borderline second line player, 3rd line player), or as a person with the way he has handled his situation. Having said that with Markov's injury this does open up an opportunity for two clubs to make a move.

To Tampa Bay:
Sergei Kostitsyn

To Montreal:
Lukas Kraijcek

Gives TB another option that MIGHT be able to click on the wing with Lecavalier and Tanguay, adds a little depth to the bottom lines if not. SK seems to have a bit of an attitude problem as a negative.

Gives Montreal a puck moving defensemen that can skate well and run the PP at a decent cap hit of 1.5M. As a negative here he is pretty soft.

Thoughts?

Old
10-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
To be honest Im not that big on SK as a hockey talent ( I think his ceiling is borderline second line player, 3rd line player), or as a person with the way he has handled his situation. Having said that with Markov's injury this does open up an opportunity for two clubs to make a move.

To Tampa Bay:
Sergei Kostitsyn

To Montreal:
Lukas Kraijcek

Gives TB another option that MIGHT be able to click on the wing with Lecavalier and Tanguay, adds a little depth to the bottom lines if not. SK seems to have a bit of an attitude problem as a negative.

Gives Montreal a puck moving defensemen that can skate well and run the PP at a decent cap hit of 1.5M. As a negative here he is pretty soft.

Thoughts?
Exactly what I came in here to post.

I also hope they sign Malik.

Closed Thread