HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread (PSN's/Gamertags)

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Mass Effect was incredible. I wont be getting done ME2 until I'm done ****ing around with other games.

EJ, The Mako thing was sweet. Driving that **** off cliffs n ****, then hopping out and being like, whats up alien ******, go **** yourself. I guess thats the way I saw it. Elevators do in fact blow penis.

The new one is gonna be total awesomeballs.

Old
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
How generalized are your studies that you need to read 400? There are, maybe, 10 great history books written every year and a much greater number of great journal articles written every year. I find it hard to believe that you have to read 400. Some of those books are ********.
My reading fields are Early Modern Europe, Atlantic world, and Military/Diplo. There are sub-topics within those areas, but they're purposefully broad...so that you can go teach any number of generic college courses. The European and Atlantic fields are the ones that are real beasts. Time period in question is roughly late 16th to early 19th.

EDIT: And, yes, some of the reading is just plain brutal.

Old
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yep, getting the key and then getting Yuria is a goal at the moment...and Freke, etc.

I just keep getting stupid with the assassins and red/blue-eye knights in that one section and getting myself killed.

I know the feeling, it gets even more frustrating with the fire a little above where you are in the level. That's one thing about this game, they just won't let you rush through it.

Old
01-12-2010, 04:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Mass Effect was incredible. I wont be getting done ME2 until I'm done ****ing around with other games.

EJ, The Mako thing was sweet. Driving that **** off cliffs n ****, then hopping out and being like, whats up alien ******, go **** yourself. I guess thats the way I saw it. Elevators do in fact blow penis.

The elevator was ****** as hell. On the ship, it took like 30 f'ing seconds to get from one floor to another...

Old
01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Bioshock 2 is what I am most pumped for

Old
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
God of War 3 FTW.

Old
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

Let me rephrase this. The Mako was KICKASS at first, however it got SO BORING going and exploring every single ore and question mark on ALL the planets in order to get the XP to get to the highest level. I think after I beat the game, I quit halfway through my second playthrough because I got so TIRED of the Mako and some other game came out and I played that instead.

I was a Soldier on my first playthrough (and stayed soldier as I continued from level whatever it was). My roommate was a chick and was the class that is basically half soldier and half telepath or something. It looked real cool that he could throw things around the screen, but I noticed he had a lot harder time on the big boss battles where as I was just blowing through the bad guys like they were blind and deaf.

I boned the weird blue lady near the very beginning (prostitute or something) and I boned Ashley at the end, but my roommate kept getting hit on my that human guy and eventually boned the dude at the end, I found it incredibly hilarious, hahahahahahaha. For some reason, I never play as the chick in games, I would rather be a guy and make decisions like I'm in the game, but he says he always wants to be a female in games so he can enjoy her virtual ass. Idk. He did have sex with a guy at the end of the game, I told him he was gayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The elevator was ****** as hell. On the ship, it took like 30 f'ing seconds to get from one floor to another...
The elevator rides in that game were the WORST. The main base thing at the beginning of the game? The one that took you to the counsel took like an hour. And you couldnt DO anything, just stand there. It was so painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I played Bioshock, but never cared to finish it. I found it really creepy that I could attack those possessed little girls. Really weird. Plus, I could care less about the main character and screwed up story, so I just stopped what I assumed was halfway through. I don't know if I will play any Bioshock. I did see one of the endings because my roommate in college finished the whole game.

Old
01-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
God of War 3 FTW.
^ This

Also, I am thinking about getting Dante's Inferno when that comes out in Feb. Played the demo, it's a lot like God of War, and it was pretty fun. For now though, Modern Warfare 2 is still taking over every other game.

Old
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
I played Bioshock, but never cared to finish it. I found it really creepy that I could attack those possessed little girls. Really weird. Plus, I could care less about the main character and screwed up story, so I just stopped what I assumed was halfway through. I don't know if I will play any Bioshock. I did see one of the endings because my roommate in college finished the whole game.
you are really missing out man. sucks you didn't enjoy it. (you arent supposed to hurt the girls). Great game all around and new one should be nuts.

Old
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM
CavemanLawyer

Welp just got a PS3 so feel free to hit me up on that stuff - PSN ID - ZyklonZX.

I would usually jump into a gaming discussion here but I'll just leave it at this - you guys actually think those games are good? OK they may be good... but great? Seriously? How many people actually were gaming during the early 90s?

I started off in the 90s with the Monkey Island series then Space Quest which finally progressed to all Lucas/Sierra games to then the big boys of Doom/Quake/x-Com/Commander Keen/Fallout/Baldurs Gate etc. And these games today are a ****ing joke.

I mean seriously I know the graphics aren't shiny but try loading up Jagged Alliance 2 or Wizardry or Ultima or X-Com. Hell you guys are going on about Bioshock, why not play the game its based on - System Shock 2. You'll be surprised to learn that SS2 is 100(maybe even 10000) times the game Bioshock even dreams it could be. Or if you love Mass Effect, give Bioware's only good game they ever made a shot - Baldur's Gate 2. Like that? Try the end all be all of RPGs - Planescape: Torment and Fallout 1...Fan of tactics games? Give X-com or JA2 a go and laugh at the depth that they were providing in the early 90s that games today don't even get near.

It's sad what we are getting now. Just high budget action flicks compared to the "Citizen Kane"s of yesteryear It's sad when the last good RPG is from 2001... Arcanum. And it's sad when Fallout 3 wins "best dialog" and "best RPG" awards...Hell it's just sad that Fallout 3 was made the way it was. **** it's sad Bethesda exists and is profitable... Mediocrity sells I guess, so stop progressing.

Old
01-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Lab Monkey

you want good games you look at the Atari. get out of here with these 90s games they are all rip offs of Atari games.

Old
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Hey does anyone know how to make PS3 themes? And if so can you either teach me or make a Flyers one?

Old
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Jester

Quote:
Hey does anyone know how to make PS3 themes? And if so can you either teach me or make a Flyers one?
http://lmgtfy.com/

A lot out there.

Old
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
http://lmgtfy.com/

A lot out there.
There are none that I can find.

Old
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Jester

Quote:
There are none that I can find.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...2ac4760832f3c4

The first one that comes up is put up on the PS3 blog:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...wn-ps3-themes/

Old
01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
God of War 3 FTW.
Fer shoooo

Old
01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Just read in Game Informer that NHL 2K11 didn't show up in 2K's fiscal report for 2010 but MLB and NBA did. They're speculating that they may drop the NHL series.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-18-2010, 10:32 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Yeah I saw them but I don't have PhotoShop etc. for my computer so I was at this point just looking for the actual themes. Miscommunication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just read in Game Informer that NHL 2K11 didn't show up in 2K's fiscal report for 2010 but MLB and NBA did. They're speculating that they may drop the NHL series.
Posted via Mobile Device
They should. NHL2k SUCKS so bad. EA owns the hockey market.

Old
01-18-2010, 11:12 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Dude^

For PS3 themes, use your PS3's browser to download them onto your system. I cant tell you a site, because i forget them. But there all a google search away.

Old
01-18-2010, 11:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Dude^

For PS3 themes, use your PS3's browser to download them onto your system. I cant tell you a site, because i forget them. But there all a google search away.
No I know how to get them, but I can't find a Flyers one. I have a bunch on there but just can't seem to find a Flyers one. I have a Phillies and Eagles one, hell even a Rutgers one. But the Flyers are nowhere.

Old
01-19-2010, 07:21 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:

They should. NHL2k SUCKS so bad. EA owns the hockey market.
I don't think they should. For 2 reasons.

1. 5 years ago the EA NHL series SUCKED A FAT ONE. Enough to where I would have chosen the 2K series if I wasn't just going over to my friend's house to play NHL.

2. Having a competitor keeps the good maker in check. If 2K drops the series, EA NHL could start sucking and there's nothing we can do about it. Look at MLB 2K9. And some people say Madden. I hate exclusivity deals.

Old
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
IrishSniper87

1/26/10

Mass Effect 2

I can't WAIT!

Old
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
UseYourAllusion

Just got Forza 3. Anyone else playing?

Old
01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well I was just checking what was coming out this year, and I saw Project Natal. I have heard about it before, but its release date was so far away that I didnt pay much attention. There has been more buzz around it though.

Theres some stuff that is sick as hell. As usual, I wont get to excited until it gets closer and I try it out, but come on, after seeing this video, you cant help but want to play it soooo bad.

For those who havent seen it:

Interactive Friend (lol) :

Im definitely not showing Milo to my friends... Definitely one of the taking over the world things if you piss him off.

One of the best quotes on Milo:
Quote:
milo will make a great drinking buddy rofl

Old
01-26-2010, 09:41 PM
IrishSniper87

I hate doing homework. ****. I currently have the game in front of me and I have not played it yet. I have too much stuff to do for school first.

This is what I have been thinking about today.

Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Boobs, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Boobs, Food, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Work, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Schoolwork, Mass Effect 2, Boobs, Boobs, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2, Food, Mass Effect 2, Hockey Mass Effect 2, Boobs.

Yep, awesome day I would say.

Closed Thread