HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trends that are getting annoying.

Old
09-28-2009, 12:17 PM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
Trends that are getting annoying.

When we win, God I love how we break out of the zone, it's nice to see speed in neutral zone!

When we lose, We got no system our forwards just cant get the puck at full speed, whenever they touch the puck they stand still and have a big D on them.

Sooo the day we lose 3 games in a row the coach come at the practice and tells everybody, Yeah well we lost our past 3 games, the system isnt working so do whatever the **** you want?

Same can be applied with how we play in the D zone.

When we win, This team is great, it looks like everybody gets along, I've even see Laraque and Markov at the restaurant last night, the team spirit is so great!!

When we lose, We have too many clics! They don't play as a team!

It can even happen in the same season or hell in half a season.

Pretty easy excuse if you ask me... Same trend since Therrien era AT LEAST. Every pre-season wow this team really gelled together it's great I've never seen that in all my years in Montreal. During the season coach get fired, next off season we had too many clics.

The whole thing kind of lose credibility.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM
hendextall

That really did not make much sense at all.

If I read it right you said that when we win, we are good. When we lose, we suck. And the cliques only come into play in the defensive zone when we lose.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:42 PM
kostitsyn1489

You gotta split things up.. The 4 things is a different case then the rest, but ya what I meant is that is what we hear in the media or on the forum every time it happens.

we'll play the same system we do now and after 3 losses our system will suck.

Old
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendextall View Post
That really did not make much sense at all.

If I read it right you said that when we win, we are good. When we lose, we suck. And the cliques only come into play in the defensive zone when we lose.
That's what people say around here. That's what he's getting at.

Habs fans are bi polar to an extreme degree.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:01 PM
TheCH*

Its just because when you win, you can excuse any deficiency in the performance.

When you lose, there are no excuses.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
When we win, God I love how we break out of the zone, it's nice to see speed in neutral zone!

When we lose, We got no system our forwards just cant get the puck at full speed, whenever they touch the puck they stand still and have a big D on them.

Sooo the day we lose 3 games in a row the coach come at the practice and tells everybody, Yeah well we lost our past 3 games, the system isnt working so do whatever the **** you want?

When we win, This team is great, it looks like everybody gets along, I've even see Laraque and Markov at the restaurant last night, the team spirit is so great!!

Pretty easy excuse if you ask me... Same trend since Therrien era AT LEAST. Every pre-season wow this team really gelled together it's great I've never seen that in all my years in Montreal. During the season coach get fired, next off season we had too many clics.

You are right to some extend. No matter what system you play you have to play hard every shift and pay the price in order to win, ill give you that.

However, in order to maximize the team's results, its the coach's job to put them in position to do so by forging an identity and a system according to his team's strength and weaknesses. That, can make a huge differnce in the outcome of a season.

For the first time in a long time, this team looks like they finally understand what to do with the puck and where to be without it.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

I personally can't wait to read the critics on Martin, an experienced coach, when the blame Carbonneau's inexperience and lack of communication was the favourite excuse last year for many fans...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Probably going to get bashed for this, but "Ole, Ole Ole Ole! Ole! Ole!", and bad goal songs.

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blicemj View Post
Probably going to get bashed for this, but "Ole, Ole Ole Ole! Ole! Ole!", and bad goal songs.
I was always hoping the fans would get more creative with Ole OLe.

Keep the same tune but change the words.....use players names instead

"KovOlev ,Olev Olev Olev, KovOlev KovOlev"

"Gomez ,omez omez omez ,Gomez Gomez"

"Halak ,alak alak alak ,Halak Halak "

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 09-28-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
I was always hoping the fans would get more creative with Ole OLe.

Keep the same tune but change the words.....use players names instead

"KovOlev ,Olev Olev Olev, KovOlev KovOlev"

"Gomez ,omez omez omez ,Gomez Gomez"

"Halak ,alak alak alak ,Halak Halak "

That's too corny lol but I'd laugh if it would actually happen.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I personally can't wait to read the critics on Martin, an experienced coach, when the blame Carbonneau's inexperience and lack of communication was the favourite excuse last year for many fans...
What like when JM basically came out and said "what was going on here last year?" referring to the complete lack of any system or structure?

He asked players to execute a simple play and SK got it wrong prompting JM to crucify him on the rink and through the media. I sort of like that accountability rather than the Carbo approach: " I don't tell my players what is required of them...I just ream them through the media after they fail delivering what I thought they should do on the ice without telling them"

Stop blaming the fans and realize that Carbo was a bad coach and IMO BG's worst mistake. if you can come to grips with that reality you'll be fine.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
What like when JM basically came out and said "what was going on here last year?" referring to the complete lack of any system or structure?

He asked players to execute a simple play and SK got it wrong prompting JM to crucify him on the rink and through the media. I sort of like that accountability rather than the Carbo approach: " I don't tell my players what is required of them...I just ream them through the media after they fail delivering what I thought they should do on the ice without telling them"

Stop blaming the fans and realize that Carbo was a bad coach and IMO BG's worst mistake. if you can come to grips with that reality you'll be fine.
Carbo's system was pretty awesome until the team started sucking tho.

Old
09-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

Hey, my comment isn't a popularity contest and I certainly don't expect that you'd agree with it. I still stick by my guns and will wait for the same fans to start second-guessing Martin as I know for a fact that it's not a matter of "if" as much as "when" it happens...

Old
09-29-2009, 06:29 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Carbo's system was pretty awesome until the team started sucking tho.
Carbo never had a system and it wasn't the team that sucked.

No injuries and career years by many players including Kovy's second best career year gave us #1 in the east two seasons ago. The following season (last one) the players were left to fend for themselves with zero discipline or accountability and alot of bowling.
We finished last out of eight barely getting into the playoffs.

Carbo was a bad coach just face it and move on.

Old
09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Hey, my comment isn't a popularity contest and I certainly don't expect that you'd agree with it. I still stick by my guns and will wait for the same fans to start second-guessing Martin as I know for a fact that it's not a matter of "if" as much as "when" it happens...
I agree that it will happen...hopefully not for a few years though. A little stability with a seasoned coach would do wonders for the organization's reputation. The revolving door of rookie coaches has to end.

Old
09-29-2009, 10:55 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Carbo never had a system and it wasn't the team that sucked.

No injuries and career years by many players including Kovy's second best career year gave us #1 in the east two seasons ago. The following season (last one) the players were left to fend for themselves with zero discipline or accountability and alot of bowling.
We finished last out of eight barely getting into the playoffs.

Carbo was a bad coach just face it and move on.
We probably became the first team in a freakin while to finish first in Eastern Conference without a system.

Old
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Trying to trade away EVERY player (not named Markov) on the Habs after they have a few bad games

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:16 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

It's the first time we'll have a system since Julien left. Let's wait to see what this team can do with a real system first. I mean it's not brain surgery to see a team that follows a system or not. If we lose while having a good system in place, then we'll say the other team were better than us plain and simple. But at least we have a structure in place. I think this year there's not gonna be any escapes. There's not going to be a lot of "maybes" because when the players won't follow the system, Martin will call them on it. Also with the hirings of good team guys like Gionta, Cammi, Spacek, etc...there are guys in place with a leadership to not allow for bullsh*t and cliques. I would be very surprised if things go wrong on that level. The only problem we could see is lack of size and talent. I think what people wants to see that even if we lose some games, we work hard at every shifts and the guys respect the system. If the guys do that and the Habs lose, the fans will just have to say well at least i'm cheering for a team I respect and there's nothing I can say bad about them, i'm proud of the Habs.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:02 AM
jcpenny

It's not all about the system here with JM. Its more about structure, discipline, attention to details and good work habits. This is a receipe for succes. This is how teams like Detroit in hockey and the Steelers in football stay succesful during decades.

When new players come in, they dont have a choice to buy in that structure. We see JM yelling after guys now but we wont see that for long. Once he installs the foundation of what he wants to do, he wont have to do it again. Now players are like dug addicts in re-hab, they've been so messed up that they need serious therapy to get out of it. It will pay huge dividends at the end.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
onice

Quote:
Look, I was a fan of Carbo's for most of his tenure here but when you have Dandenault, Begin & Lats coming to the press and stating that they don't know what he wanted, when Brisebois spoke out and told the press that Carbo doesn't speak to him about his situation, when you have Tanguay hinting at the same thing, when you have a 3 year 86 goal scorer (Ryder) saying he didn't know what Carbo wanted from him and once he leaves Mtl returns to his goaling scoring plus develops the other aspects of his game, when you have Samsonov & Perezhogin disgruntled and moving on, when you have a warrior like Rivet basically telling his coach you don't know what you're doing and finally when you have both Gainey & Carbo declaring that one of Guy's weaknesses is communication, when you have all that, all that comes to mind is that where there's smoke there's fire.

So don't blame the fans.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Look, I was a fan of Carbo's for most of his tenure here but when you have Dandenault, Begin & Lats coming to the press and stating that they don't know what he wanted, when Brisebois spoke out and told the press that Carbo doesn't speak to him about his situation, when you have Tanguay hinting at the same thing, when you have a 3 year 86 goal scorer (Ryder) saying he didn't know what Carbo wanted from him and once he leaves Mtl returns to his goaling scoring plus develops the other aspects of his game, when you have Samsonov & Perezhogin disgruntled and moving on, when you have a warrior like Rivet basically telling his coach you don't know what you're doing and finally when you have both Gainey & Carbo declaring that one of Guy's weaknesses is communication, when you have all that, all that comes to mind is that where there's smoke there's fire.

So don't blame the fans.
Asterix is someone who has focused his vast criticising energy on Melanson, leaving him little time to observe things, especially the things you've noted above.

An inexperienced players coach is incompatible with the player that Montreal creates - people that when exposed to freedoms , temptations , and adoration become difficult people to manage.

Experienced No nonsense disciplinarians, for whatever their shelf life be, is what's needed from this point forward.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

So don't blame the fans.
We'll see what they'll blame it on this year...

Old
10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Asterix is someone who has focused his vast criticising energy on Melanson, leaving him little time to observe things, especially the things you've noted above.

An inexperienced players coach is incompatible with the player that Montreal creates - people that when exposed to freedoms , temptations , and adoration become difficult people to manage.

Experienced No nonsense disciplinarians, for whatever their shelf life be, is what's needed from this point forward.
And Kovalev. I wonder who the spacegoat will be this year

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

earl the habs fan refuses to acknowledge that he knows nothing about goaltending as the evidence have been brought forward in numerous occasions. It's easy to criticize without anything to back an opinion, but much harder to come up with logical and knowledgeable points to support it.

Old
10-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
And Kovalev. I wonder who the spacegoat will be this year
So far in pre-season and in the first two periods, I'm a bit disappointed with Kostitsyn. Here's hoping he can turn it on.