HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks Roster Posted

Old
09-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Hinger

vCash: 500
Hawks Roster Posted

Hawks Opening Roster posted in "News" on Hawks website. Crawford still on teamBlackhawks Set Regular-Season Opening Roster

AS PER HAWKS WEBSITE:

Wednesday, 09.30.2009 / 5:52 PM / News The Chicago Blackhawks have set their regular-season opening roster, which consists of 13 forwards, eight defensemen and three goaltenders. The roster features 18 players that were part of the club's run to the 2009 Western Conference Final.

Forwards: Troy Brouwer, Dustin Byfuglien, Dave Bolland, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Patrick Kane, Tomas Kopecky, Andrew Ladd, John Madden, Patrick Sharp, Radek Smolenak, Jonathan Toews, Kris Versteeg

Defensemen: Cam Barker, Brian Campbell, Jordan Hendry, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Aaron Johnson, Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Brent Sopel

Goalies: Corey Crawford, Cristobal Huet, Antti Niemi

In addition, the Blackhawks have assigned forwards Bryan Bickell, Evan Brophey, Jake Dowell, Rob Klinkhammer and Jack Skille to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs and have placed forwards Adam Burish and Marian Hossa on Injured Reserve.

Chicago, which finished the preseason with a 2-3-1 record, opens its 82nd regular season against the Florida Panthers in Helsinki, Finland as part of NHL Premiere 2009 on Friday, October 2 at 11:00 A.M. (CT). The teams face off again in Helsinki on Saturday, October 3 at 11:00 A.M. (CT) before the Blackhawks make their 2009-10 debut in North America at the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday, October 8.

Hinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
massivegoonery

13 + 8 + 3 = 24.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

I thought they had a couple extra spots because they were starting overseas.. I could be misremembering, though.

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gardner View Post
I thought they had a couple extra spots because they were starting overseas.. I could be misremembering, though.
this is correct.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Skille out again. Maybe next year it'll happen when Ladd and Madden are let go. It's been 4 years since we drafted him. Was really hoping he could bring it this year. I know there was'nt much room for him on this team, but guys like Buff and Brouwer are like 7th/8th round picks and Skille was picked 7th overall in 2005. Setoguchi was picked after him and he is light years ahead.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 02:18 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Skille out again. Maybe next year it'll happen when Ladd and Madden are let go. It's been 4 years since we drafted him. Was really hoping he could bring it this year. I know there was'nt much room for him on this team, but guys like Buff and Brouwer are like 7th/8th round picks and Skille was picked 7th overall in 2005. Setoguchi was picked after him and he is light years ahead.
He doesn't have the drive to be an impact player at the NHL level.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:57 PM
kostitsyn1489

2 questions...

What are you expecting from Ladd this season? I have him in a pool and maybe I could use his roster spot better.

And is Versteeg playing tomorrow or he's still day to day?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote