HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This can't be a good sign.

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 08:22 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
This can't be a good sign.

http://www.newsobserver.com/hurrican...-3095792c.html

Old
04-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I wouldn't put too much negative stock into this stuff. Everybody is bolstering for the potential lockout and there are teams all around the NHL that are going to be cutting staff. When a company has a massive layoff, it doesn't always mean that the company is going to move. It might just mean that the company is in financial trouble, like the Hurricanes and every other NHL team are.

The mass exodus of staff members, while scary, could mean nothing more than Carolina preparing for no hockey next season. Not just in Carolina, but the NHL period.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:53 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
I wouldn't put too much negative stock into this stuff. Everybody is bolstering for the potential lockout and there are teams all around the NHL that are going to be cutting staff. When a company has a massive layoff, it doesn't always mean that the company is going to move. It might just mean that the company is in financial trouble, like the Hurricanes and every other NHL team are.

The mass exodus of staff members, while scary, could mean nothing more than Carolina preparing for no hockey next season. Not just in Carolina, but the NHL period.

I did not want to insinuate that the 'canes would be leaving Raleigh; just that management is preparing to not have hockey next year. The cuts are also due to Gale Force not scheduling any events this summer in case the Hurricanes made the playoffs. :lol

Old
04-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
I did not want to insinuate that the 'canes would be leaving Raleigh; just that management is preparing to not have hockey next year. The cuts are also due to Gale Force not scheduling any events this summer in case the Hurricanes made the playoffs. :lol

Guess I jumped the gun with my assumptions.

Only natural for a defensive Hurricanes fan who doesn't want to see his team leave town. But I agree, there doesn't appear to be much hope in terms of having hockey resume on a regular schedule at the start of next season. That aspect doesn't look good one bit.

Old
04-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Is that a monkey doing lines of coke???

Interesting avatar. :lol

Old
04-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Slats432

The Oilers addressed the situation quite some time ago. I wouldn't exactly be overly worried or surprised that contingency plans are being made.

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/pressb...=20040315_1334

Closed Thread