HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener -still- not sold out

Old
10-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Islandersfan1621

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujin View Post
THIS!

Well said my friend! This is exactly the kind of attitude that more Isles fans need! Heck, if I were back home in South Jersey, I'd say let's carpool to NVMC! My Japanese neighbors are gonna be surprised Sunday morning when I start screaming and cheering loud as hell for my boys! LET'S GO ISLANDERS!
Haha that is crazy how you live in Japan yet you support hockey and are a fan of the Islanders. I think that is pretty respectable. Do you have any way of watching them over there?

Islandersfan1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
It's the same in NJ and they have a decent playoff contender every year! But i understand it is BS.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Toujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandersfan1621 View Post
Haha that is crazy how you live in Japan yet you support hockey and are a fan of the Islanders. I think that is pretty respectable. Do you have any way of watching them over there?
Hehe well, I'm an American guy from South Jersey, I'm just living/working over here for a while. But I follow my teams no matter where I am, and to the ebst of my ability. I've been following the Phillies and Eagles from here, and will continue to do it with hockey as long as I can watch them/listen to them.

There's really only two possible ways to watch them here.

1. Find a reliable feed from somewhere (ideal)
2. Hope that center ice online works in Japan. It didn't two years ago when I was here, but we shall see.

Most things I will most likely have to catch on a radio feed. Japan is 13 hours ahead of EST, so when the puck drops at home, it's 8am here the next day. I'm a middle school English teacher, so I'm at school then, so I have to tune in during free peroids. Friday and Saturday games I'll be able to watch from home though

Toujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Islandersfan1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujin View Post
Hehe well, I'm an American guy from South Jersey, I'm just living/working over here for a while. But I follow my teams no matter where I am, and to the ebst of my ability. I've been following the Phillies and Eagles from here, and will continue to do it with hockey as long as I can watch them/listen to them.

There's really only two possible ways to watch them here.

1. Find a reliable feed from somewhere (ideal)
2. Hope that center ice online works in Japan. It didn't two years ago when I was here, but we shall see.

Most things I will most likely have to catch on a radio feed. Japan is 13 hours ahead of EST, so when the puck drops at home, it's 8am here the next day. I'm a middle school English teacher, so I'm at school then, so I have to tune in during free peroids. Friday and Saturday games I'll be able to watch from home though
Ohh I see. That is commitment lol. But yeah, that must be a completely different kind of place to watch hockey. I'm sure there is very little (or maybe nothing?) about hockey in Japan. I know there are some Japanese prospects but outside of that it seems not too popular lol. But yeah, that is pretty cool. Hopefully center ice will work for ya haha.

Islandersfan1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Toujin

There is a little of hockey played in Hokkaido, the northernmost part of the country. But yeah, for the most part peolpe here know zilch about hockey and most have ever seen a game before and if they ahvem it was probably an Olympic game. I spread the hockey love whenever I can ;D

Toujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 09:15 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Gods---I just checked the weather for Saturday, and, as usual, the weather is in the crapper for Saturday afternoon.. you got a tent?

maybe a 4pm hooters?
My buddy said he has a tarp that hooks up to the back of your truck. We may use it. Gonna decide later today. If for some reason the weather is really just too crazy, perhaps we should hitup Millers Ale House instead. Ill post back by 5 or 6 with definite plans.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
NYIsles84

I just checked the weather, supposed to rain mostly in the morning, with scattered 30% chance till 5 pm. I think we may be in the clear if it all gets over with in the morning

NYIsles84 is offline   Reply With Quote