HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News From Around the League (Season Opener Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Ryan Bourque is the one that was drafted by the Rags.
Oh right, there are two of them in the league now. My mistake.

Old
10-02-2009, 12:04 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
He looks like a jockey. I want to put him on my lawn and then kick him over.

I loffed pretty hard.

Old
10-02-2009, 12:05 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
llulz. McLellan already has the bingo ball cage out..

Old
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I had to purchase the Montreal/Toronto game last night, that's how curious I was.

Price, Gio and Cammy were Montreal's best players. Gio should have had two goals but mis-fired on one of them. Gomez? Gainey sure did the Rangers a big favor, he didn't impress at all. But, one thing for sure, Montrel's defense is Markov and a bunch of Pylons, they're pretty bad. Toronto, it looks like Burkes wants to play a Ducks style of game, but they just don't have the horses, especially it they spend to much time on the PK and their defense looked bad down low, especially Schenn who had a bad game.

Old
10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Wasn't Markov injured last night? Any word on him?

Old
10-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
pretty sure he just had a cut from Price's skate...at least thats what i heard

Old
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I had to purchase the Montreal/Toronto game last night, that's how curious I was.

Price, Gio and Cammy were Montreal's best players. Gio should have had two goals but mis-fired on one of them. Gomez? Gainey sure did the Rangers a big favor, he didn't impress at all. But, one thing for sure, Montrel's defense is Markov and a bunch of Pylons, they're pretty bad. Toronto, it looks like Burkes wants to play a Ducks style of game, but they just don't have the horses, especially it they spend to much time on the PK and their defense looked bad down low, especially Schenn who had a bad game.
The Habs fans are going to be pissed at Gomez pretty soon. How many turnovers did he have last night? I was feeling sorry for Cam and Gio on his line.

The Canadiens don't look that good. If Gomez keeps playing like crap they aren't going to make the playoffs. Plakanez looked pretty good though so maybe he'll end up centering the top line.

I think the Flames are a much better team this year with Sutter, he seems to have put the pieces together. They looked pretty good last night, although the inability to keep the team from sitting back is still there.

Old
10-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
The Habs fans are going to be pissed at Gomez pretty soon. How many turnovers did he have last night? I was feeling sorry for Cam and Gio on his line.

The Canadiens don't look that good. If Gomez keeps playing like crap they aren't going to make the playoffs. Plakanez looked pretty good though so maybe he'll end up centering the top line.

I think the Flames are a much better team this year with Sutter, he seems to have put the pieces together. They looked pretty good last night, although the inability to keep the team from sitting back is still there.
Price looked pretty good last night, he could have a solid rebound year after struggling last season.

And I don't think it's Brent's coaching helping the Flames so much as they added Bouwmeester and Jokinen to an already formidable roster. True, they lost Camalleri, and I don't know if they'll have the offence to compete come playoff time, but their defence is solid.

Old
10-02-2009, 09:48 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Blaming poor attendance on the arena is really a weak excuse. I don't care if the devs played in a ****in barn in which I had to milk cows while I was watching the game...I'd still go.
But would you watch them in Nassau Coliseum?

Old
10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:

The Flames looked good for the first half of the game. They flat out stunk in the second half. Especially in the third. They couldn't play 60 minutes of hockey, and as we already know, that's not going to cut it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
The Flames looked good for the first half of the game. They flat out stunk in the second half. Especially in the third. They couldn't play 60 minutes of hockey, and as we already know, that's not going to cut it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah thats what I'm saying. They were doing the same thing the Devils were doing. A lot of oomph in the first half and then run out of gas the 2nd half. Thats why we kept giving up leads late in the third last season.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:

I think the first Toronto goal was a direct result of a Gomer Turnover.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
They were aided immeasurably in the first period by the tremendous intensity of Luongo's sucking.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Wasn't Markov injured last night? Any word on him?

UPDATE:

Quote:
According to RDS, the injury to Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov could be serious. The sports network reports via Twitter that Markov spent the night in a Toronto hospital.

Sportsnet is reporting that Markov may require surgery and could have suffered tendon damage, which would be horrible news for the Canadiens if it is true.

Markov was cut on the ankle by Carey Price's skate as the goaltender scrambled to get back into position seconds before the Maple Leafs scored their third goal of the game in the third period.

More details to come.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Markov was cut on the ankle by Carey Price's skate
Bob Gainey is getting Vietnam flashbacks of Robert Lang going down right about now...

Old
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Doesn't look good at all for Markov or the Habs. Rumor is that Markov will be out for 2 to 3 months...

Quote:
Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov underwent surgery to repair tendon damage on Thursday night and will be out of action for at least two months.

The injury occurred in the third period of the Habs 4-3 overtime win over the Maple Leafs when Markov was cut by goaltender Carey Price's skate.

Markov had two shots on goal and 17:42 minutes of ice time in the victory.

Old
10-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Hypernova

Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
UPDATE:
Who's idea was it to put sharp blades on skates anyway? First Frazee, now Markov. Enough is enough.

Old
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

ouchhh. Habs need Markov bad, that hurts

Old
10-02-2009, 11:12 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

The Avalanche PA guy did his best to try to ruin the Sakic ceremony last night, if you watched it you know what I mean. What a tool, the guy deserved something a little professional.
"Avalanche Immortality in 3...2...1.."

YEEEECHHHHH
To this day nothing will ever trump the Stevens ceremony, everything about it was perfect.

Old
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Duchene almost scored a hell of a SHG last night. Nabokov's poke check was the only thing stopping him from scoring a main-thread YT worthy goal.

Old
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Matt Duchene is flat out narsty.

Old
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
MauDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Duchene almost scored a hell of a SHG last night. Nabokov's poke check was the only thing stopping him from scoring a main-thread YT worthy goal.
The kid was great last night. When he did that deke through the defenders legs last night to walk right in front, I was amazed. I was really rooting for him to bang home his breakaway. He's a star in the making.

Old
10-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
The kid was great last night. When he did that deke through the defenders legs last night to walk right in front, I was amazed. I was really rooting for him to bang home his breakaway. He's a star in the making.
Let's see if Tavares can one up him this Saturday. Otherwise we might see a main board topic entitled, "Islanders should have picked Duchene."

Old
10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Deb Placey has sex hair

Old
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Hypernova

Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post