HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News From Around the League (Season Opener Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2009, 02:32 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
This. He can't play well enough to keep a spot on the Habs, and then gets sent down and refuses to go to the AHL. Then there are his character issues. This is not a player Lou would go anywhere near, and thank God for that.
He has the skills to be part of any NHL team at the moment and he was making the team untill he missed the team bus for a pre-season game. He got chewed out by his coach on a drill he didn't understand (i guess) and after that same practice got "sent down". He already had some sort of beef with JM and all of that didn't really help out his cause. The reason for his demotion has nothing to do with his talent on the ice but more so his attitude off the ice. I understand that Lou and the rest of us don't like players with character problems but people change. Jean Perron was talking on a radio sports station last week that Claude Lemieux and Stephane Richer pulled the same crap when they were both rookies and they ended up with pretty decent careers. I'm not comparing SK Vs Lemieux or Richer but if you're a little patient with youngsters, you might be very surprised in the end result, that's all.

What isn't being told around the league (only in Montreal) is that he was promised a job with the big boyz by GM Bob Gainey this summer and now SK feels cheated by Gainey and the organisation for misleading him. Coming from the same person that stated that his long time best friend, former teamate and past coach Guy Carbonneau was the best move he made since being hired as Gm of the Habs.... and fires his ass about 4 weeks later.

I'm not taking sides here but from what I've heard (the media) and seen from Gainey, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 10-04-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old
10-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
how the hell do you know he was promised a job on the big club?

Old
10-04-2009, 02:41 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
how the hell do you know he was promised a job on the big club?
Cause his agent told the press last week in some Montreal paper (Journal de Montreal) and that's the reason why he wants out of Montreal. Not because he was getting demoted... but because he was promised a spot and Gainey flipped the table on him at the last second and the "trust factor" isn't there anymore.

Old
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
oh so it was in the paper, it must be true!!!

come on dude, are you serious?

Old
10-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'm sceptical of that too. The Montreal media is notorious for this sort of thing. Now that Markov is injured, every defenceman and his mother is rumoured to be going to Montreal. Madness.

Old
10-04-2009, 02:47 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
oh so it was in the paper, it must be true!!!

come on dude, are you serious?
Yeah, you're right. Sk's agent would probably go plubic with a made up story and **** up his client's reputation just for the heck of it. If the guy was quoted in the papers... how can you make up a story and not get sewed afterwards ???

Good thinking

Old
10-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Yeah, you're right. Sk's agent would probably go plubic with a made up story and **** up his client's reputation just for the heck of it. If the guy was quoted in the papers... how can you make up a story and not get sewed afterwards ???

Good thinking

hahaha yea dude, its actually pretty believable that his agent would do that

and LOL @ "sewed"

Old
10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
hahaha yea dude, its actually pretty believable that his agent would do that

and LOL @ "sewed"
LOL @ you not even coming close to being able to talk or write french... how old are you, like ****ing 12 years old ??? Je peux pas croire que je suis en train de me justifier à un criss de cave qui comprend absolument rien de ce que je viens d'écrire !!! (you can google it so you can actually know what I wrote Einstein)

I didn't want to get into a war of words with you or anyone on this board but that's the info I get on a daily basis here in Montreal and I'm just repeating what's being said on TV and the radio. Take it for what it's worth, nothing more nothing less.

I just find it rediculous that we can't even come up with our own personel opinions on a site that was made for those exact reasons without getting bombed by a couple of "no it all" . If everyone would have the same opinion, this would be one ****ing boring board.

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 10-04-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old
10-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
LOL @ you not even coming close to being able to talk or write french... how old are you, like ****ing 12 years old ??? Je peux pas croire que je suis en trein de me justifier à un criss de cave qui comprend absolument rien de ce que je viens d'écrire !!! (you can google it so you can actually know what I wrote Einstein)

I didn't want to get into a war of words with you or anyone on this board but that's the info I get on a daily basis here in Montreal and I'm just repeating what's being said on TV and the radio. Take it for what it's worth, nothing more nothing less.
I took six years of French and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap!

Old
10-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

What's with the civil war that's been going on between everyone recently lol

Old
10-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
LOL @ you not even coming close to being able to talk or write french... how old are you, like ****ing 12 years old ??? Je peux pas croire que je suis en trein de me justifier à un criss de cave qui comprend absolument rien de ce que je viens d'écrire !!! (you can google it so you can actually know what I wrote Einstein)
I can not believe I'm trein justify myself to a criss cellar that includes absolutely nothing of what I just wrote? The ****...

Old
10-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

There's no need to call names. For future reference, it's "sued".

Old
10-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ4 View Post
I can not believe I'm trein justify myself to a criss cellar that includes absolutely nothing of what I just wrote? The ****...
"I cannot believe I'm in the middle of justifying myself to an (explitive) that understands absolutely nothing of what I'm writing."

Old
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

vs.

Old
10-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post

vs.

I'm on CWE's side here. It's more like Quebec vs USA, since Quebec doesn't want to be part of Canada and want's to be it's own country.

Old
10-04-2009, 03:07 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
"I cannot believe I'm in the middle of justifying myself to an (explitive) that understands absolutely nothing of what I'm writing."
A+

Old
10-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ4 View Post
I'm on CWE's side here. It's more like Quebec vs USA, since Quebec doesn't want to be part of Canada and want's to be it's own country.

Old
10-04-2009, 03:11 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
seriously, when your argument is "BUT I READ IT IN THE MONTREAL NEWSPAPERS IT MUST BE TRUEEE!", dont you think thats a LITTLE silly?

and again i say, curse me off in French all you want. it is the language of cowards anyways
Why... you guys quote CJ, no ??? What's the difference between CJ and someone that does the exact same job in Montreal. I know the media over here is a little more "over the top" but they're reporting it straight from the locker room and the players/agents mouth.

Old
10-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

hahahaha i thought of that too righth when i posted that

Old
10-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Sergei Kostitsyn ****ing sucks. I can't believe someone who said Bergfors isn't good enough to be a top-6 winger wants that turd on our team.

Bergfors/Halischuk >>>>>>> Kostitsyn.

Old
10-04-2009, 03:20 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn ****ing sucks. I can't believe someone who said Bergfors isn't good enough to be a top-6 winger wants that turd on our team.

Bergfors/Halischuk >>>>>>> Kostitsyn.
Maybe so, but for Andy Greene or a 3rd/4th round pick... he'd be a steal IMO. But of course, my opinion does not count to the eye of the great posters (10 000 post or more) here on HF boards and all the other guru's of hockey that know the organisation of the NJD like they were running things side by side with uncle Lou.

I hate Jacques Lemaire... one week later when we'll be on a 6 game winning streak, the same people are gonna be saying "Man, JL is a real genius".

No wonder JimEive and Muttley take breaks from time to time... people here need to ****ing chill the **** out, for real !!! THIS IS A BOARD WERE PEOPLE CAN EXPRESS THE WAY THEY FEEL ABOUT CERTAIN TOPICS AND NOT GET REDICULED FOR POSTING WHAT THEY THINK OR MISSPELLING A WORD.

Old
10-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Maybe so, but for Andy Greene or a 3rd/4th round pick... he'd be a steal IMO. But of course, my opinion does not count to the eye of the great posters (10 000 post or more) here on HF boards and all the other guru's of hockey that know the organisation of the NJD like they were running things side by side with uncle Lou.

I hate Jacques Lemaire... one week later when we'll be on a 6 game winning streak, the same people are gonna be saying "Man, JL is a real genius".

No wonder JimEive and Muttley take breaks for time to time... people here need to ****ing chill the **** out, for real !!!

Old
10-04-2009, 04:30 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
THIS IS A BOARD WERE PEOPLE CAN EXPRESS THE WAY THEY FEEL ABOUT CERTAIN TOPICS AND NOT GET REDICULED FOR POSTING WHAT THEY THINK OR MISSPELLING A WORD.
Well, in a perfect world, yes. In reality, that is the complete opposite of what this board is.

Old
10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:

No wonder JimEive and Muttley take breaks from time to time... people here need to ****ing chill the **** out, for real !!! THIS IS A BOARD WERE PEOPLE CAN EXPRESS THE WAY THEY FEEL ABOUT CERTAIN TOPICS AND NOT GET REDICULED FOR POSTING WHAT THEY THINK OR MISSPELLING A WORD.
Think logically for a second. We already have two talented rookie wingers in Bergfors and Halischuk on the team. Our roster is beyond full and Elias isn't even back yet. Where would Kostitsyn play? We have no room for wingers. If he played center, I might consider it, but it makes no sense to trade for a guy we don't need.

Old
10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50
Quote:

Closed Thread