HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Rumor: Andrei Markov Injured, Looks To Be Serious

Old
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Darylman

vCash: 500
Van Ryn for a defensive prospect?

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
mooseOAK*

Too bad it wasn't Kostitsyn, karma screwed up.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I dont know...I think thats easy to say from your viewpoint. Not sure, if you are being totally honest with yourself, that you wouldnt feel the same if it was Kaberle.

Again, I realize i am being irrational, but i am just speaking from a fan`s point of view. It really stinks to see your whole season maybe go down the tubes on game 1 of the year.
I understand your frustration, and maybe you're right my tone might change if it had been a Leafs player. You guys will be fine though, you have a good GM who is probably out right now looking for a replacement, and what about Subban, will he not be called up?

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM

Anyways...i made that comment in total innocence, as i`ve said, I realize i was being irrational, think you guys read too much into it.

I think i`ve worn out my welcome though i`ll head back to my board

stay classy fellas

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:49 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
Van Ryn for a defensive prospect?
We do need to move some guys but I don't think Burke will be in a hurry to help a team we may be battling for the last playoff spot.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
I understand your frustration, and maybe you're right my tone might change if it had been a Leafs player. You guys will be fine though, you have a good GM who is probably out right now looking for a replacement, and what about Subban, will he not be called up?

I dont think just yet.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Fabs

While I can't say I feel bad for the Habs team or their fans, Markov does have my sympathy. Don't like to see any player get injured. That said I won't have trouble smiling at the fact the Habs are now a much weaker team.

Fabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Mr Scarface*

Yeah, who told ya? Me, that's who. Looked really bad last night. I instantly wrote it down in the GDT: "Markov. Out for the Season."

Markov was their biggest player, mentally etc. Montreal's season is over. Toronto's is not.

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface View Post
Yeah, who told ya? Me, that's who. Looked really bad last night. I instantly wrote it down in the GDT: "Markov. Out for the Season."

Markov was their biggest player, mentally etc. Montreal's season is over. Toronto's is not.
Not as devastating as last year. Spacek was buffalos #1 last year, he can fill some time, and weber can provide some points on the #1 pp unit. If gill and mara arent paired together it might not be terrible.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Caroline Says ll
Bismarck

Send a message via ICQ to Caroline Says ll
Quote:

Are you sure it wasn't "Markov yo. Out for the Season Mane"

Caroline Says ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:

If their season rested on one players shoulders, they werent going to have much of a season.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Ruski

Quote:
without being called a penalty? I guess you missed the play where Moen, after being pushed by Komi, got called for goalie interference???

Remember? that`s the PP the leafs scored on and where Markov got injured

Losing Markov is bad enough, but losing him on a horrible call, is just a slap in the face
you need to calm down dude...first off most people here are sympathetic to what happened.

Secondly, you cant say that the powerplay caused markov to get injured....he got injured in a regular hockey play, just because it was a powerplay doesnt mean he couldnt have collided with your goalie during an even strength situation.

Finally, several marginal calls went both ways last night, and thats the reality of human referees.

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
without being called a penalty? I guess you missed the play where Moen, after being pushed by Komi, got called for goalie interference???

Remember? that`s the PP the leafs scored on and where Markov got injured

Losing Markov is bad enough, but losing him on a horrible call, is just a slap in the face
It was obvious that your coach's gameplan was to run Toskala and he ought to know that sometime penalties get called for that. Not often enough, but they do.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Emroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
2.9 M cap hit but I think his contract is up this year, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: just looked it up...3.35 salary this year, 2.9M cap hit....contract expires this year.
Which should amount to about $1.675 million per game played

Emroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Budsfan

3 to 4 months for Markov is a horrific blow to Montreal, he was one of their best "D", I hope he has a faster recovery, the Montreal/Toronto games are always barn burners.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293425

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Ohio Jones
Jays Hipster/Elitist

I never wish injury on anyone (not even Avery!). I hope Markov recovers quickly and completely. I'd much rather beat the Habs with him in the lineup than out of it!

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
If their season rested on one players shoulders, they werent going to have much of a season.
They was looking down right awful last night, and they still won. That team is lacking all kinds of thangs mane.... That soft team of theirs was doomed from the start. They will be allowing load of goals in the future. And I love it.

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Tombernack

Well if Markov is going to spoil my fantasy season, I hope it spoils MTL's real season in the process.

Walk it off, Andrei.

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
That really sucks for Montreal, to lose their best Dman like that. You don't wish to see that happen to anyone.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

I wasn't impressed by their defence even with Markov, but now it looks pretty damn weak.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 12:56 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

That's crazy bad news for them. That is a killer injury. Damn hard to recover from and it probably costs him the whole year.

He won't be right until next season, not with that kind of injury.

But hell, if Price keeps playing like he did last night, they might make the playoffs anywyas.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
eyeball11

If he's out the full 4 months he actually may not be back until March. With the Olympics this year, the Habs only have 7 games at the start of February then nothing until March.

The one part of their game that looked dangerous last night was when they had PP possession in our zone.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

If it were kaberle that went down I doubt hab fans would be sympathetic as most people in here seem to be with them. In fact I gaurentee it. Sucks that he's injured but I'm still glad he's out for a couple of months. Montreal is **** without him.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 02:35 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 50
Figured he got cut by Price from the replay last night.

The Man in White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 03:16 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
If it were kaberle that went down I doubt hab fans would be sympathetic as most people in here seem to be with them. In fact I gaurentee it. Sucks that he's injured but I'm still glad he's out for a couple of months. Montreal is **** without him.
You're pretty right. Most of us wouldn't care about Kaberle, but Id still feel bad about you guys poising your best D. As to you guys asking who's the replacement, it will prolly be Hamrlik on the PP with O'Byrne and Weber A/B depending on who we play

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote