HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Burrows

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
  #76
habsman56
Habs&Hoops
 
habsman56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I wouldnt quite say that. The flames lead in the first 4 games, and with regehr in the lineup they really could have won all of them. They also dominated game 6 however Kipper sucked and Khabibulin was unreal. Of course this is all hypothetical, but i do believe the flames played Chicago closer.
Fair enough, just trying to prove that Vancouver aren't playoff chokers, and weren't playing easy teams.

habsman56 is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
  #77
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
What is it about the Flames fanbase that they can't have a normal discussion? They either get super defensive or look to troll. I know there are a couple of exceptions, but for the most part the generalization fits.
Please dont generalize. Their are troll fans in every fan base. We have several posters( of the few we have) that can have a decent hockey conversation with. But once you start dissing any fanbases team, things are bound to get out of hand.

superhakan is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
  #78
BloatedGuppy
Registered User
 
BloatedGuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I wouldnt quite say that. The flames lead in the first 4 games, and with regehr in the lineup they really could have won all of them. They also dominated game 6 however Kipper sucked and Khabibulin was unreal. Of course this is all hypothetical, but i do believe the flames played Chicago closer.
Both teams got equally punted by the Hawks. The Canucks had a stranglehold on their series as well, only to fritter it away, and much as the Flames had to suffer without Regehr, we had Salo out with a ruptured butt for almost the entire series.

I don't think either team should be doing any bragging about how much more picturesque their beating at the hands of the Hawks was.

BloatedGuppy is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
  #79
Wayne Maki
Starched Earth
 
Wayne Maki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I wouldnt quite say that. The flames lead in the first 4 games, and with regehr in the lineup they really could have won all of them. They also dominated game 6 however Kipper sucked and Khabibulin was unreal. Of course this is all hypothetical, but i do believe the flames played Chicago closer.
The Canucks lead in every game and with Demitra in the lineup they really could have won all of them. They also dominated game 6 however Luongo sucked and Khabibulin was okay. Of course this is all hypothetical, but i do believe the Canucks played Chicago closer.

Wayne Maki is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
  #80
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoke View Post
I don't know if you watched the same game I did, but I had a nice view from where I was sitting of the exact opposite of this happening.
Shot total was roughly 45 to 20 something for Calgary.

superhakan is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:15 PM
  #81
pullyoursocksup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D View Post
so i put up some facts and stats and that is your best rebuttal? lol basically proves my point
you are a walking joke

first of all you say "lol" in your posts.

second of all, ofcourse the calgary forwards are way way too deep, with players like nigel dawes and david moss playing top 6 minutes, that they wouldnt need some 50 point getters, something calgary only has 2 of.

Iginla 89
cammalerri 82
KESLER 59
Jokinen 57
BURROWS 52
langkow 49
moss 39
dawes 21

okaaaaaay bud.

pullyoursocksup is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:15 PM
  #82
ryz
Registered User
 
ryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 500
Burrows is a puke, punk, etc, and every other name that fits under the same header. He's similar to Avery in that he can be a very effective player, but the circus show that comes with him makes him extremely hard to cheer for. He dives and embellishes constantly and he pulls hair. I would be a little choked if my team picked him up.

ryz is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
  #83
pullyoursocksup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Shot total was roughly 45 to 20 something for Calgary.
shots on goal
vancouver 42
calgary 23

pullyoursocksup is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
  #84
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killface View Post
The Canucks lead in every game and with Demitra in the lineup they really could have won all of them. They also dominated game 6 however Luongo sucked and Khabibulin was okay. Of course this is all hypothetical, but i do believe the Canucks played Chicago closer.
Ohh... I see what you did there.


The series were both "close" in all actuality there wasnt much seperating Calgary and Vancouver last year. Had Calgary won the division the results likely would have been the same. (with them taking out the blues and losing to chicago in the second round)

superhakan is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  #85
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
you are a walking joke

first of all you say "lol" in your posts.

second of all, ofcourse the calgary forwards are way way too deep, with players like nigel dawes and david moss playing top 6 minutes, that they wouldnt need some 50 point getters, something calgary only has 2 of.

Iginla 89
cammalerri 82
KESLER 59
Jokinen 57
BURROWS 52
langkow 49
moss 39
dawes 21

okaaaaaay bud.
have to say it....Sedins?

superhakan is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
  #86
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
shots on goal
vancouver 42
calgary 23
exactly wouldnt you say after the first period you dominated the game?

I said Calgary dominated the game(time of possesion shot total) but lost. I dont know what you are getting at.

superhakan is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
  #87
L4D
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
okay okay since i struck a nerve so bad ill stop, guess it isnt that fair to kick a team when theyre already down

L4D is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:20 PM
  #88
pullyoursocksup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz View Post
Burrows is a puke, punk, etc, and every other name that fits under the same header. He's similar to Avery in that he can be a very effective player, but the circus show that comes with him makes him extremely hard to cheer for. He dives and embellishes constantly and he pulls hair. I would be a little choked if my team picked him up.
yea it would be a ****** thing for calgary to get an actually decent top 6 forward to compliment their already VERY intimidating top 6.

obviously any fan or gm would rather have david moss or nigel dawes than burrows, i mean its obvious right?

pullyoursocksup is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:21 PM
  #89
Spoke
Registered User
 
Spoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Shot total was roughly 45 to 20 something for Calgary.
I was thinking of a different game?


Last edited by Spoke: 10-02-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Spoke is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:21 PM
  #90
StrictlyCommercial
Registered User
 
StrictlyCommercial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,860
vCash: 766
Anyone notice that someone created an account named L4D specifically to troll Canucks fans?

Obviously Burrows is not a 'fair' player and he often looks a little Italian out there. Nevertheless, he draws far more penalites than he takes and makes the Canucks a better team every time he touches the ice. Nothing wrong with that.

StrictlyCommercial is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
  #91
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!
 
FacepalmBenning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +44 1252 230 607
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
This thread is stupid.

FacepalmBenning is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:37 PM
  #92
Vote for Rory
Registered User
 
Vote for Rory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
This thread is awesome. This rivalry with Calgary is beautiful. I cannot wait to see Phaneuf crash and burn again this year, it is going to be so great to see.

Burrows is a very dirty player yes, but you would be an absolute fool if you wouldn't take him on your team. I understand rival fans like Calgary, Minny and Edmonton not wanting him, but any other team would be foolish not to.

Vote for Rory is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:38 PM
  #93
mrmyheadhurts
Moderator
Registered Loser
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
Anyone notice that someone created an account named L4D specifically to troll Canucks fans?

Obviously Burrows is not a 'fair' player and he often looks a little Italian out there. Nevertheless, he draws far more penalites than he takes and makes the Canucks a better team every time he touches the ice. Nothing wrong with that.
Ever notice that mods never lock threads that are solely posted to bash the Canucks and their fan base? I'm pretty sure they enjoy it just as much as the posters do.

We should just have a stickied thread for Canuck bashing, it would save everyone a lot of trouble.

mrmyheadhurts is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:38 PM
  #94
Ticonderoga
For the Watch
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Westminster
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,521
vCash: 50
....And another thread that has degenerated into Flames VS Canucks ***** fest.

What else is new.

Ticonderoga is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:38 PM
  #95
HSD19
Registered User
 
HSD19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 945
vCash: 500
28 goals last season, and maybe 30 this year?

HSD19 is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
  #96
Ticonderoga
For the Watch
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Westminster
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Ever notice that mods never lock threads that are solely posted to bash the Canucks and their fan base? I'm pretty sure they enjoy it just as much as the posters do.

We should just have a stickied thread for Canuck bashing, it would save everyone a lot of trouble.
Would Phanuef threads count as Flames bashing, pretty much the same arguement?

Ticonderoga is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
  #97
Vote for Rory
Registered User
 
Vote for Rory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
Anyone notice that someone created an account named L4D specifically to troll Canucks fans?
He's been on my ignore list for a bit now, absolute tool.

Vote for Rory is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
  #98
BloatedGuppy
Registered User
 
BloatedGuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Ever notice that mods never lock threads that are solely posted to bash the Canucks and their fan base? I'm pretty sure they enjoy it just as much as the posters do.

We should just have a stickied thread for Canuck bashing, it would save everyone a lot of trouble.
Whoa there.

Persecution complexes are for Leafs fans.

BloatedGuppy is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:44 PM
  #99
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!
 
FacepalmBenning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +44 1252 230 607
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
....And another thread that has degenerated into Flames VS Canucks ***** fest.

What else is new.
...and what did you honestly think this thread was going to become? Did you think there would be cooperation and a discovery of the cure for cancer? It's no surprise considering how stupid this thread started off, how stupid the middle was, and how stupid it continues to be.

FacepalmBenning is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 04:47 PM
  #100
mrmyheadhurts
Moderator
Registered Loser
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
Whoa there.

Persecution complexes are for Leafs fans.
It's more surprise than a persecution complex. For a franchise that is supposedly so insignificant, I don't understand all the obsessive fans that seem to care more about the Canucks than their own team. I simply don't get it.

mrmyheadhurts is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.